Vonroo alert!

Altador Cup XVI
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Help us model your pets!
Create your own wishlists!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup XVI

Uni Day Roundup
  • Posted on March 2, 2021, 3:48 pm NST

It's time to celebrate Uni Day, and what better way than with a new colour:

Steampunk

A new clothing set is also now active:

stories2btold, March 2, 2021 4:12 PM NST
There’s a lot going on.... I can’t tell what’s robot and what’s costume? And are its eyes ok?
jexicah, March 2, 2021 4:28 PM NST
Its gorgeous! :O
sinavarice, March 2, 2021 4:32 PM NST
I like the colors but it feels a bit too busy...
i_love_latin, March 2, 2021 4:38 PM NST
Wow this is easily my favorite steampunk one yet. It's definitely a bit busy, but I like that it feels like a very Neopets-y steampunk. And I love the purple
parody_ham, March 2, 2021 5:00 PM NST
I actually *love* the Uni. The purple is so, so cool.
nefarity, March 2, 2021 5:43 PM NST
I love the purple and gold together, pity the mask and hat seem to be stuck together. I saw the base colour on DTI, which is at least different to the dull brown on other steampunk pets.

Love the outfit, reminds me of Princess Jasmine.
purplebin, March 2, 2021 6:31 PM NST
The base color of the Steampunk Uni is really good! But it does look like none of it shows at all with the clothing on.
I love the Veiled outfit colors, and I really love a set of 4 shoes for quadrupeds!
dillpickles, March 2, 2021 8:04 PM NST
Anyone else bothered by the fact that they didn't cancel March 3rd due to a lack of interest?

I do love the Uni color/outfit, though!
joe, March 2, 2021 10:28 PM NST
@dillpickles They've been cancelling March 4th as of late, so there's still a chance. (whether that's on purpose, or because of a mistake, I couldn't tell you)

For reference. March 3rd 2004 was when Neopets started updating the site once a day (instead of when things were ready) and they spent the day syncing servers and such so there was no true update.
"Due to Lack of Interest, Tomorrow Has Been Cancelled" is a song lyric that was popular around that time and so the non-holiday was born.
www.neopets.com/nf.phtml?nf_date=2004-03-01
apophis324, March 3, 2021 12:24 AM NST
Someone seems to favour Unis over at TNT. A lot of detail and thought went into the costume and colour! Better than some other things we got recently

@joe: What you say brings up a question that has been bugging me for a while and is somewhat off topic but.. what's up with updates?
Is it not so that in the past, TNT would put the news on a page that fit the date, instead of the day it was posted? When I pulled the news up in my time zone, it used to be accurate to the date, but now I always miss out on what is posted on the news (like NC sales ending and such) because I'm simply not around when it gets updated. Is this an error on their part or just something they have decided to do?
joe, March 3, 2021 12:31 AM NST
@apophis324

Two stories here. One thats official, and one not so much.
The link I shared goes into more detail but they started posting news for the next day because at the time they were posting it (late afternoon NST) it was already the next day in half the world so they didnt want people to feel behind.

There was also a time when Adam and Donna went home for the holidays and as Donna posted the news it was 'a day ahead' of NST because of the timezone she was posting it from.

Regardless, currently they are posting the news a LOT later in the day than they have in the past which makes it wonky for those of us who have been around for a while.
apophis324, March 3, 2021 4:09 AM NST
@joe: Thank you for the explanation. Glad to hear it's not just me. I wish they went back to doing it properly I mean, one of the big reasons so many people missed out on acing the Lost Heirloom "plot" was because they weren't notified in time when new story elements dropped (at least, that is what I assume)...
joe, March 3, 2021 9:45 AM NST
you are not wrong
contessa, March 3, 2021 10:18 AM NST
Well it is very pretty, I love the colors but I agree it is too busy. If it did not say Uni I would not be completely sure what pet it was.
joe, March 3, 2021 4:18 PM NST
now we can complain that they didn't cancel anything..

but hey.. new faerie quests sounds interesting.
inkpot, March 3, 2021 6:42 PM NST
huge fan of the base color and the fact that it seems to have the smirking pirate uni expression!

the steampunk clothes are also really nice imo but i wish they had separated the headpiece, so you could just wear the hat on it's own. ;v;