Altador Cup XVI
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
A searchable database of Neopets images
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup XVI

TNT Staff Tournament Ends
  • Posted on June 28, 2020, 3:19 am NST

With the end of the Altador Cup, the final round of the TNT Staff Tournament has also finished and scores announced! This round's Star Player was van Doodle. Those who guessed him were awarded his stress ball:

The official announcement of placings for the main Altador Cup, along with both prize shops, will be coming during the week.

nefarity, June 28, 2020 4:06 AM NST
Wow, can hardly believe I managed to guess the star player 3 out of 4 rounds. Did terribly in previous years. Well done van Doodle.

Also managed to make rank 25 this year. I wonder how many others made All Star for the first time thanks to lockdown?
maknaetani, June 28, 2020 5:46 AM NST
Same, I also guessed 3 out of 4 star players correctly :o

Made it to All Star for the first time as well (rank 27), but I wouldn't cite the lockdown as a contributor at all
contessa, June 28, 2020 7:32 AM NST
I was going to choose van Doodle for the last round to replace one on my team who was not doing well but I accidentally clicked on "keep team". Oh well.

This is the first year in a while that I did not get to All Star, only made it to 15 but I think that too was because of the lockdown! Some days I was just too depressed to play much. Oh well, there is always next year! Go Lost Desert!
pikachu315111, June 28, 2020 9:54 AM NST
So at the end of the Staff Tourney I like to calculate so see what could have been the max points a player could have gotten. Usually keep this on the NTWF but thought I'd also post it here for fun (I used to also calculate what would have been the lowest amount of points but nowadays I feel that's unnecessary and a bit mean):

First, if you stuck with the same players throughout the AC Tourney, the following would have been your best choice: Gutterfoot, SenorMalo, Kikocat, van Doodle, Binary Supagoo
* Total: 38,671

But, if you were a powerful psychic that could see into the future thus picked the best team for each round, this would have been how that went:

Best Team Round 1: DJ Skellington, SenorMalo, Kikocat, Scrappy, Ehlo Froyo
* Total: 9,650

Best Team Round 2: Gutterfoot, SenorMalo, Kikocat, van Doodle, Binary Supagoo
* Total: 9,883

Best Team Round 3: Agog, Gutterfoot, Kikocat, van Doodle, Binary Supagoo
* Total: 10,370

Best Team Round 4: DJ Sally, Gutterfoot, Kikocat, van Doodle, Binary Supagoo
* Total: 10,317
* Combined Total: 40,220

Only 2k off from the overall best team, of course that's whether you picked the best team which I have a feeling not a lot of players did. And aside from the first round where you could rely on past results, I don't think anyone aside from luck could have correctly guessed the best team for round 2, 3 & 4 (simply due to Agog and DJ Sally playing better than SenorMalo). This year's AC Tou
pikachu315111, June 28, 2020 9:54 AM NST
This year's AC Tourney was actually quite surprising, so much so I'm not sure who I would pick for next year.
dave - JN Staff, June 28, 2020 10:33 AM NST
Dang, only 36,089 points for me. That's 4000 lunch-themed 1 pts items I'll miss for Charity Corner
zixianna, June 28, 2020 10:51 AM NST
I made it to rank 25... thanks not to lockdown, but to taking vacation days this past week for finals
jorgesgirlforlife, July 1, 2020 11:24 PM NST
nefarity - raises hand, jumps up and down!

It was definitely the quarantine that made think it was even possible to get All Star. I'm so very happy!

So when does everything officially end and prize shop open?