Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Help us model your pets!

Site Updates

Happy 14th Birthday, Jellyneo!
  • Posted on August 22, 2018, 8:45 am NST

On this day, 14 years ago, Jellyneo was born! Back on opening day, we had nothing but a few "Viewer" scripts that allowed you to scroll through things like Caption Contest images, userlookup shields, and Neopet poses (which is the only one we still have around!) It took almost a month for us to get a few articles up, which only included simple things like Cheeseroller and Illusen's Glade.

Today, we're a bit bigger! Thousands of users like you and over 200 staff members have helped build up what you now know as Jellyneo, which includes: a complete Item Database, the only destination on the 'net for Neopian history and lore, an app to try on any wearable, the premier guide to the Battledome, a searchable, categorized listing of over 135,000 Neopets images, not to mention a massive repository of guides and articles for any Neopets feature you can probably think of. And all of it is done to help you, our fellow Neopians.

To celebrate 14 great years of making your Neopian life a little easier, we've been working on rolling out something new for a few of our departments:

Goal Counters Service Updates
Here on the main site, we're excited to announce that our Goal Counter service has been revamped! For those who haven't used our service before, Goal Counters allow you to track your progress towards your Neopian goals. You simply create your counter once, insert the code we provide once on your lookup, shop, etc., and then return to Jellyneo to update your progress which automatically updates wherever you placed the code.

I got my counter at Jellyneo.net!I got my counter at Jellyneo.net!

We've re-written the backend from the ground up, which has allowed us to open up the number of counters that you can create from 5 to... as many as you want!

We changed the way that URLs for the generated counter images work so that your username is no longer in the URL, which will give you some added privacy. The old counters will still keep their old URLs, so if you'd like to have a new URL simply delete your counter and re-create it.

It wouldn't be a Goal Counters update without some new counter styles!

Create a Goal Counter »

(You'll need a jnAccount to use our Goal Counters service, so either log in or register today!)

Item Database Updates
First up in the Item Database, is a new Hidden Tower Price Guide. We've put together a list of all the Hidden Tower items currently for sale and their prices, including the various discounts you take advantage of. We also show the Jellyneo market price if we have one on file and highlight whichever one is best so you can make an informed purchase.

In addition, each Hidden Tower item now has a special "Hidden Tower Price" section so you can be sure you're getting the full market picture when looking up individual items:

The price guide can be found in under the "Content" dropdown in our Item Database.

View the Price Guide »

A few other additions we've made recently:
  • Our Classic Neohome previews have finished being updated! All Classic Neohome items now have standard previews.
  • Added automatic notations on all items that will make Kyriis sick (apples).
  • Added automatic notations on all items that will make Skeiths sick (cheese).
  • Added automatic notations on all items that will make Pteris bloated and cured of any disease (worms).
  • Added automatic notations on all items that will make Kaus bloated (milk).

We also added a number of new special categories (or split up existing ones!) over the past few months:
  • Altador Cup Staff Tournament
  • Tarla's Tour of Mystery
  • Weltrude's Toy Chest
  • Wheel of Extravagance
  • Wheel of Knowledge
  • Wheel of Misfortune

Dr. Sloth's Image Emporium Updates
Over in our Image Emporium, we've added a few new search enhancements, including:

• The ability to sort results by URL, width, height, category, and when it was added to the database.
  • Along with the new sorting, you can sort either forwards or backwards!
  • We added a new "Is Animated?" checkbox search option for you to filter by images that are animated.
  • We did some tidying up and now your search pages won't have long, gross URLs—instead it'll just be what you searched for.

The Emporium homepage has also received a little update to show a wider variety of random images!

Book of Ages: SWF Preservation Project
Last but not least, we have some exciting news for our Book of Ages history section. As many of you have heard, Adobe Flash is coming to an end. Web browsers (such as Chrome, Firefox, etc.) have collectively decided to turn off Flash starting late next year. This means that a wide chunk of old Internet content will cease to be easily available. It's a sad time for early Internet content (but a very good time for web security!)

Obviously, a lot of Neopets content was created with Adobe Flash. The Neopets Team is hard at work converting various features across the site to "HTML5" (which is a word Neopians have co-opted to mean "not Flash"), such as the world maps and some of the existing Flash games.

However, not all content will be converted—or will even be worth TNT's time to convert! That's where we've decided to step in and do some archival work. We've been working to streamline a SWF conversion process, and we're finally ready to begin work on preserving old Flash content!

We wanted to start off with something simple, so we took all of the old Flash-based sidebar button advertisements you may remember from the old Neopets layout, and we converted them to a modern movie format!

Our first converted SWF collection is now ready to view, either in grid format or nostalgic sidebar format!

Check Out the Collection »

(Stay tuned in the coming months for even more preserved content, such as old Advent animations, plot movies and comics, animated Neogreetings, Neopet description movies, and more!)

And that's it for our birthday update! Enjoy some cake, and here's to another 14 years of Neopets help!
novelista, 08/22/2018, 8:57 am NST
Feliz cumpleaños!

deedee60, 08/22/2018, 9:00 am NST
Happy Birthday JN!
Thank you for all you do!

dialasong, 08/22/2018, 9:09 am NST
Oh my gosh, thank you so much for archiving the old Flash content!!! I'm over the moon, I was sure we were going to lose most of it for good

maknaetani, 08/22/2018, 9:12 am NST
Happy birthday, Jellyneo!
Lots of cool things announced, but I'm especially excited about the SWF Preservation Project!

cloonshannagh, 08/22/2018, 9:19 am NST
*confetti* Happy Happy Birthday Jellyneo!!! And Many, Many More!! *slices cake*

Thank you for all you do and have done. And especial thanks for the SWF Preservation Project!

jojjo, 08/22/2018, 9:51 am NST
Happy Birthday Jellyneo! You're all doing such great work!

shakespeareofborg, 08/22/2018, 10:01 am NST
Happy Birthday and thank you so much, you're full of awesomesauce!

mavegibson, 08/22/2018, 10:01 am NST
Happy birthday JellyNeo!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Thanks so much for all you do! You are all heroes to me and to many others!!

ducky - JN Staff, 08/22/2018, 10:11 am NST
The cake is a lie.

mistyraider, 08/22/2018, 10:31 am NST
*cake* Happy Birthday JN! *cake*
That is an amazing list of things you have done recently! Here's to many more years!
You are sooo appreciated! *heart*

moonlightwitch, 08/22/2018, 10:31 am NST
🎂🍰 no it's real

1jediboy, 08/22/2018, 10:40 am NST
*runs and pants* I'm coming! *provides REAL cake with vegan buttercream frosting*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JELLYNEO!!!

I was waiting for the goal counters to drop it's limit ever since I suggested to Dave that the minimum should be raised as a perk to Jellyneo donators.
Can't wait to clutter up my goal counter page!!!

Awesome new perks! Thank you!

The reason I started making goofy comments on your posts was because I love seeing goofy comments in general. I always loved seeing clever, witty, or funny things when I look in the comments! It's one of the reasons I read them. I hope my goof-ball-idy might've made your comment sections more active. <3 Thank you for all the info you've supplied over the years!

kirkeyressa, 08/22/2018, 10:49 am NST
omgg bless you guys for all of this work!! <333

topaz644, 08/22/2018, 11:01 am NST
Happy Birthday Jellyneo! It's your birthday and WE get presents!

Thank you to the entire staff, present and past.

rosiethorns88 - JN Staff, 08/22/2018, 11:07 am NST
RIP Old JN Negg Hunt Portals.

1jediboy, 08/22/2018, 11:16 am NST
^Will there even be another JN Negg Hunt?
Scout and I were discussing this two posts down.

rosiethorns88 - JN Staff, 08/22/2018, 11:37 am NST
Dave and I have talked about it before and it's not off the table, but there are other projects to focus on before it can happen.

moonlightwitch, 08/22/2018, 11:47 am NST
Wow.. What color is that? It takes up everything when I serch

moonlightwitch, 08/22/2018, 11:49 am NST
I never did play in the hunts, this is my 2ed acct on jn I did forget the Word on my first. I found it to time consuming for me 🥚

phenixia, 08/22/2018, 11:56 am NST
Joyeux anniversaire!!! And thanks for all the fantastic work the whole team is doing! You have great additions, this time again! You are simply amazing!

1jediboy, 08/22/2018, 11:58 am NST
@rosiethorns88 - As long as it's on the table! Thank you!

1jediboy, 08/22/2018, 11:59 am NST
(The table is very good to us! It hold those really hot dinner plates that would burn our fingers!)

slenderman645, 08/22/2018, 12:01 pm NST
happy birthday jellyneo! and thanks to all the people that work hard for the site. This updates look awesome

yellowbluerainbow, 08/22/2018, 12:16 pm NST
Awesome stuff!!! Happy birthday!

drzoidberg, 08/22/2018, 12:32 pm NST
Cheers, JN!!!!

kimberdigi, 08/22/2018, 12:51 pm NST
Happy Happy Birthday JN!!!

_kingdomheartsf_68, 08/22/2018, 12:52 pm NST
Happy birthday, JellyNeo!
I was honestly waiting for this post since August 19 when the birthday stuff appeared~

scout, 08/22/2018, 12:55 pm NST
Aww Happy Birthday, JellyNeo! I remember being on staff like it was yesterday!

rylon - JN Staff, 08/22/2018, 1:00 pm NST
Happy birthday, Jellyneo!

dave - JN Staff, 08/22/2018, 1:10 pm NST
@1jediboy: As Rosie said, we're never saying never to more Negg Hunts, but our current goal is to get the main site layout revamped to match the Item DB, Book of Ages, and DrSloth.com. Once that happens, we'll consider another Hunt!

1jediboy, 08/22/2018, 1:27 pm NST
@Dave - SWEET! I can wait. I'm patient... And grateful of what was already given!

josie, 08/22/2018, 1:37 pm NST
Happy Birthday, Jellyneo, and thank you for everything you do for us! Without you guys I would often be lost, and not know half of the stuff that's going on at the site

stargate52, 08/22/2018, 2:08 pm NST
Happy Birthday jellyneo Thank you for everything you do

maple_snow, 08/22/2018, 2:11 pm NST
Happy 14th Birthday, Jellyneo!

Love the idea of the SWF Preservation Project!

phenixia, 08/22/2018, 2:48 pm NST
@1jediboy: Please, continue to make goofy posts! It's because of those funny moments that I discover how it was great and useful to read the comments!

rosi, 08/22/2018, 2:52 pm NST
Happy birthday Jellyneo!
I remember those old 'ads' ^__^<3

1jediboy, 08/22/2018, 3:18 pm NST
@phenixia - https://media.giphy.com/media/eHpWHuEUxHIre/giphy.gif
Thank you! *blushes* Enjoy the party!
*blows party horn* *puts on fake moustasch* *goes to the karaoke bar and sings "You Should Be Dancing" by the Bee Gees*

morganjoisle, 08/22/2018, 3:29 pm NST
Oh this is all so lovely! I love that you're converting those old SWFs. Do you think you could archive the old Sacrificer animations too?

Happy birthday Jellyneo!!!

inkpot, 08/22/2018, 4:01 pm NST
Happy Birthday JN!
Super grateful to all that everyone does here. c:

I was looking through those sidebar adverts and honestly some of those could make for cute avatars, haha. Would love one of that revel roundup ad with just a looping avatar of marching snorkles.

pikachu315111, 08/22/2018, 4:24 pm NST
Happy Birthday JN!

xx__dana__xx, 08/22/2018, 5:08 pm NST
Happy Birthday Jelly Neo!

chrisk123, 08/22/2018, 5:30 pm NST
Happy Happy Birthday to you JN! Happy for us you have been here for us all these years and how you have made neopets more fun! Thank you!!!

tomatereloco, 08/22/2018, 5:34 pm NST
Happy birthday JN!! You guys ROCK!

corruptions, 08/22/2018, 5:48 pm NST
Happy Birthday and thanks for all you do for the Neopets community! I'd be lost without you guys!

absolutejudith, 08/22/2018, 6:59 pm NST
Fabulous job. I do not know where I would be without you guys. Happy Birthday.

waz_up_waz_down, 08/22/2018, 7:45 pm NST
Happy Birthday JellyNeo! Thank you so much to all you wonderful staff for all you do. I appreciate you all so much!

thaliel, 08/22/2018, 7:51 pm NST
Have a good one JN. What about the forums, though?

katina_choovanski, 08/22/2018, 10:32 pm NST
I'm so glad you guys are here. The effort that you put into your site is second to none as far as results and resources. This game opened like a pop-up book for me once I found your site, and I'm on it every day. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

bonju, 08/22/2018, 10:37 pm NST
Yay, happy birthday JN! ♥

bodhi, 08/22/2018, 10:54 pm NST
Happy Birthday!

jweb, 08/23/2018, 12:35 am NST
Happy birthday Jellyneo

1jediboy, 08/23/2018, 12:54 am NST
🤭 I JUST realized what the SWF thing was! I saw it earlier today, I saw a couple of banners, but I didn’t realize it until JUST NOW what it really was! Oh my glob! I became a user just a little while before the 2.0 conversion! It might be vague to me, but I remember that! I remember that little banner thing! It’s so beautiful! Thank you! The little things like this mean a lot to us. ❤️ (I wish there was a happy crying emoji!)

mac, 08/23/2018, 1:03 am NST
Glad to see you guys archiving SWFs on JN. This is a good solution. I hope you guys do the other ad types too. A few of them had unique Neopets artwork.

mac, 08/23/2018, 1:05 am NST
And thank you for exlcuding the ones that are not unique to Neopets. There are hundreds of them.

cay, 08/23/2018, 1:40 am NST
A huge Happy Birthday to JN! My main turns 14 this year too ^_^

9feels, 08/23/2018, 9:24 am NST
Happy birthday JN! I wish you guys ran neopets lol

I'm so glad you're preserving the swfs!!!

jorgesgirlforlife, 08/23/2018, 12:30 pm NST
Those are great updates!

It was my birthday yesterday, too!

xxpwincessxx125, 08/23/2018, 1:37 pm NST
Happy Birthday JN!!! ❤️

1jediboy, 08/23/2018, 2:07 pm NST
@jorgesgirlforlife - Happy birthday to you too! *blows party horn*

sycatt, 08/23/2018, 6:56 pm NST
Happy Birthday Jellyneo! Thanks for all you do, you're the greatest!

leafthethief - JN Staff, 08/23/2018, 8:01 pm NST
it's late, but
Happy Birthday JN

1jediboy, 08/23/2018, 8:11 pm NST
^*slams fist on table* It's NEVER too late... *looks at laptop* to say happy birthday. *single tear drips down face* *'90s emotional guitar riff*

jen - JN Staff, 08/24/2018, 12:04 am NST
Is also late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY JN. <3

twilson1118, 08/24/2018, 4:24 pm NST
flash itself is not ending, its the flash player thats ending in a browser. anyways are you planning a similar thing for petpet park, as our group has a lot of the files from it working or archived lately. We now have the file that loads all of the petpets actions working with a petpet even. You can find most of the base files at archive.org like we did.

dave - JN Staff, 08/27/2018, 2:02 pm NST
@twilson1118: It's true that web browsers are ending support, however, Adobe has also announced that they will end support and development on Flash as a platform in 2020. So, it will truly die in about 2 years time.

We currently have no plans to archive Petpet Park assets, as our attention nowadays is solely on Neopets proper.

twilson1118, 09/5/2018, 8:43 pm NST
thats fine as petpet project is doing a lot of that archiving, so if you had any ideas....we actually have all of the animations running from the park, and oddly enough many of the fruits your missing on the games we have images of at petpet project if you need them for bonbon pickup, we actually have the FILE for that game and it sort of plays even.