Latest Item Database Updates
- Posted by Dave
- Posted on March 3, 2018, 6:32 pm NST
It's been awhile since we've posted about updates to our Item Database! Below are the major new changes that have been keeping us busy over the past few months:
We're very excited to announced that our Openable Items guide has been completely revamped and incorporated into the Item Database. With this new guide, we've added the ability for an item's contents to show up on their item info page:
And, we also now show the opposite direction--you can see what a particular item can be found inside:
This update isn't just for Neopoint items. We added openable Neocash items to the guide as well, along with the "Inside This Item" and "Found Inside" functionality as seen above!
The new guide is linked from our Article Listing here on our main site, along with the "Content" dropdown in the Item Database.
Classic Neohome Audio
While we continue to update our old Classic Neohome Previews (click through to see if you can help!), we've also been adding audio files to items that will play music when placed into your Classic Neohome. If audio is available, look for a play button next to the item's preview:
You can pull up a list of all Classic Neohome items that have audio by clicking on the "Has Classic Neohome Audio?" option on the search sidebar. (It's under the "More Search Options" link.)
Faerie Quest Requests
After a number of requests, we've added Special Searches for Faerie Quests! Each quest type now has a special search with all of the items requested by that particular faerie. You may use these searches to buy up in advance of opening a Faerie Quest Cookie, or for the annual Faerie Quest Events.
See the "Faerie Quest Lists" section on our Special Searches page for future reference.
Trading Post History Privacy
A small update: we've filtered out petpage links from our Trading Post history wishlists. If we see a link in the format of /~petname, then we'll filter it out for privacy.
Neocash Special Categories
We've gone crazy with special categories! Our Item Database staffers have been hard at work adding new special categories to Neocash items. Here's a full list of the new categories:
- 13 Days of Trick or Treat
- Altador Cup Insider Experience
- Altador Cup NC Challenge
- Altador Cup VIP Access
- Altador Rising
- Atlas of the Ancients NC Challenge
- Backpack Packing Centre
- Camp Wannamakeagame
- Capture the Comets
- Case of the Missing King
- Chef Julien's Backstage Tasting Kitchen
- Daily Dare Neocash Challenge
- Fanatic's Museum
- Filament Lamps
- Fivetastic Birthday Celebration
- Fortune Cookies
- Free the Faeries
- Gift Basket Centre
- Gift Pack Packing Centre
- GMC Neocash Challenge
- Great NC Scavenger Hunt
- Hidden Altador
- Home of the AC Heroes
- Honest Pete's Negg Punching
- Lulu Plays Detective
- Lulu's Bug Hunt
- Lulu's Masterful Plundering
- Lulu's Room Raid
- Masks of Dread NC Quest
- Mysterious Magic Neggs
- NC Kidnapping Caper
- New Game Challenge (both NC and NP prizes)
- Raiding the Royal Neopian
- Real Negg Faerie Quests
- Reslen's Planetarium
- Runic Doors
- Scanning for Buried Relics
- Six-rific Birthday Celebration
- War Booty
Use the "Special Category" option in the search bar to search for one (or multiple at the same time!) of the Neocash categories above.
Plot Special Categories
Neocash items weren't the only ones to get new special categories. We also split up our generic "Plot Prizes" special category and created new ones for each major plot/event that's occurred over the years. You may now search for items by the following categories:
- Altador Mini-Plot
- Atlas of the Ancients
- Battle for Meridell
- Brucey B and the Lucky Coin
- Champions of Meridell
- Curse of Maraqua
- Cyodrake's Gaze
- Desert Diplomacy
- Gadgadsbogen Puzzle
- Hannah and the Ice Caves
- Journey to the Lost Isle
- Krawk Island Disappearance
- Lost Desert Plot
- Moltara Mystery
- Neopet V2
- Return of Dr. Sloth
- Spooky Food Eating Contest
- Tale of Woe
- The Faeries' Ruin
- Volcano Mystery
- War for the Obelisk
- Wraith Resurgence
Use the "Special Category" option in the search bar to search for one (or multiple at the same time!) of the plot categories above.
Miscellaneous Wishlist Enhancements
Last, but not least, we've also made a few small updates to wishlists:
- In addition to making a private wishlist that only you can see, you may create an "unlisted" wishlist that will only be visible to those you share a direct link with. It won't be listed on the sidebar with your other wishlists. Toggle this option on the "Settings" page for your wishlist.
- By default, we've hidden items marked as obtained on public views of wishlists. This is to make it easier for those wanting to fulfill a wish to see what you still need. You can still see the obtained items by clicking the "Show: Obtained Items" link next to the sorting options.
- We added purple labels to NC wishlists and trade lists on the public views, so that you can easily see what type of list it has been marked as.
- We also added the "Compare NC Lists" button to the top of each NC list for better visibility.
Miss our previous announcements? Check them out below:
- 5/28/2017: Wishlist Petpage Coding, At the Petpet Puddle, and Neggery guides.
- 1/21/2017: Wishlist Import tool, Neodeck images, and printable search results.
- 1/11/2017: Neocash Seeking/UFT Lists and Printable Wishlists.
- 10/23/2016: Create wishlist with checklist tool results, Boring/Yuck labels on the Book/Booktastic/Gourmet checklist tools, TCG set categories, Cooking Pot Recipe sections, Price Checker tools, Neocash special categories, Petpet Matcher, and NC Trade Finder.
Follow @jellyneo on Twitter for all the latest #Neopets news!
There are 36 comments above. Why not post yours?