Knights vs. Raiders, let the challenge begin!
The Advent Calendar is here for all of December!
Earn NP from playing games!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!

Site Updates

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | GMC | Advent

Happy Holidays, from the JN Staff!
  • Posted on December 24, 2017, 11:01 pm NST

Click here for an extra special greeting! (You'll need to turn your audio up.)

December Trivia! Our annual December trivia is returning the day after Christmas. At 12:01am NST on the 26th, the first trivia question will appear on the homepage of JN. Answer all 8 days of trivia correctly to earn yourself a new jnAccount trophy and a few new choices for trophy cabinet themes! :)
jen - JN Staff, 12/25/2017, 12:00 am NST
Merry Christmas everyone!

jweb, 12/25/2017, 12:32 am NST
Merry Christmas everyone!

ducky - JN Staff, 12/25/2017, 1:14 am NST
Merry Christmas! (orwhateverholiday each and everyone is celebrating or is not celebrating)

I also give sirhatter's faerievoice 10/10

cloonshannagh, 12/25/2017, 2:32 am NST
Merry, Merry Christmas Dear Jellyneo! And may all Bright Blessings be yours!

shakespeareofborg, 12/25/2017, 4:27 am NST
Happy Holidays all!

debgil, 12/25/2017, 5:58 am NST
Not working in Chrome for me. Nothing clicks. Card just sits there. I blame the Grinch...or Sloth.

sherlocked55, 12/25/2017, 6:17 am NST
Merry Christmas Jellyneo Team! Love all you do!

phenixia, 12/25/2017, 6:46 am NST
Merry Christmas to all the team ans thank you for the great story book!

purplebin, 12/25/2017, 6:53 am NST
Such a lot of work and amazing craftsmanship and care! Just like everything you guys do here every day.
Happy Christmas and thank you always.

dave - JN Staff, 12/25/2017, 7:10 am NST
@debgil: make sure you're clicking on the corners of the storybook... those are the only clickable spots unfortunately.

topaz644, 12/25/2017, 8:27 am NST
That is an awesome Greeting!

Merry Christmas to everyone at Jellyneo!

pikachu315111, 12/25/2017, 9:53 am NST
Merry Christmas! Another great Christmas gift again, JN! The art was fantastic as well as adapting the characters chosen to feature (surprised you pulled Lazlo out, even I only vaguely remembered a character named that from the Darkest Faerie game). Though I can't help but feel if this was a real item this conversation going on after:

*Gets done with reading the book*
Skarl: Really, brother?
Hagan: I feel it'll be Brightvale's next best seller during the holidays. Thought you would like a first edition as a present.
Skarl: I'd never let my citizens starve! Let alone say it's a good thing to have some die!
Hagan: We needed a way to show you were a miserable old miser. Besides I don't think we would have gotten the same message across of you sending knights out to invade another kingdom.
Skarl: And for the ghosts you used The Three! Did you mishear from Darigan how they're forces of destruction?
Hagan: Granted, I took some artistic license with them,

pikachu315111, 12/25/2017, 9:53 am NST
Hagan: Granted, I took some artistic license with them, but I did keep within their theme. Meridell was destroyed because of your greed.
Skarl: And of course you just had to show your the better king.
Hagan: We needed a contrast to show not every king is as greedy.
Skarl: Meridell has always celebrated the Day of Giving with a feast.
Hagan: Well consider this it's origin!
Skarl: The tradition started with our father...
Hagan: Oh stop being a grumpy old king. Merry Christmas!
Skarl: *grumble* Merry Christmas.

josie, 12/25/2017, 2:29 pm NST
Merry Christmas I loved the story!

starfirefluffy, 12/25/2017, 3:35 pm NST
merry christmas!!

twocue, 12/25/2017, 5:25 pm NST
AAAA THAT WAS SO GOOD!

mavegibson, 12/25/2017, 5:29 pm NST
Merry Christmas JN and Neopians alike! I hope you all had a wonderful day!

jmo7692, 12/26/2017, 12:11 am NST
10 minutes past and the 1st question is still not on the home page. Just letting you guys know in case you weren't aware. Happy Holidays JN staff.

alessia, 12/26/2017, 1:06 am NST
@dave: same problem here. I still not see the first question and I was wondering if it's a problem related to the new NoScript. In general I have so many problems since Firefox and then NoScript updated to their new version. For example I can't find a way to have the search bar again on Jellyneo. Please can you update your useful guide (Security article) to this version? I'm going mad trying to understand how this new NoScript works

michael, 12/26/2017, 4:42 am NST
No trivia for me yet either :o

hathor, 12/26/2017, 4:44 am NST
I don't see the trivia question either. Usually I have no issues even when using my Chromebook.

topaz644, 12/26/2017, 5:24 am NST
@ alessia I don't like the new noscript either. I have no idea what it wants me to do. I'm afraid I'm going to end up allowing things I don't want to allow with no Request Policy as backup

bunella, 12/26/2017, 6:15 am NST
no trivia for me either at this time.

yodaheather, 12/26/2017, 6:17 am NST
Thank you, immensely awesome JN staff for our Christmas story this year and for all you do to keep the best fan site running smoothly every day of the year. Best Wishes in 2018!

dave - JN Staff, 12/26/2017, 6:38 am NST
Oops--looks like trivia this year is Jumpstart-style!

You should now see the trivia box in the lower right hand corner, anywhere on the main site here!

cloonshannagh, 12/26/2017, 6:41 am NST
Thank you Dave! 1/8

absolutejudith, 12/26/2017, 6:59 am NST
No Trivia for me

jessalynn, 12/26/2017, 7:06 am NST
Merry Christmas, JN!

BTW, have you guys at JN noticed the BD glitch?

xid, 12/26/2017, 3:18 pm NST
Merry Christmas to all!
The greeting is adorable, I loved it!

1jediboy, 12/26/2017, 10:00 pm NST
I cannot emphasize enough how much I adore this storybook reading format you guys started doing! It's so beautiful!!! I look forward to more next year!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

mistyraider, 12/27/2017, 4:34 am NST
Love your Trivia contest...puts my reference librarian skills to the test!

And thanks for the Christmas greetings, so much creativity.

debgil, 12/27/2017, 1:18 pm NST
Sorry, Dave. Tried Chrome AND Firefox and nothing clicks on any corners so no JN Christmas card for me I guess. Never did see Trivia #1, came up today with #2. Ugh. I'm going back to a long winter's nap I think.

debgil, 12/27/2017, 2:47 pm NST
DAVE! DAVE! I did it. A friend recommended trying edge and it worked. It just isn't Christmas without JN!

cat, 12/27/2017, 4:11 pm NST
I'm having trouble with Trivia for Day 2, it comes up alright, but when I enter what looks like the right answer from the Daily Dare guide (Hungry Skeith) I get told that it's a wrong answer.

_kingdomheartsf_68, 12/27/2017, 8:07 pm NST
I loved the Christmas card, though some staffers were way louder than others.
I liked the story, though I wish Skarl felt more remorse for the commoners starving and dying rather than his brother being cooler than him and the lords and ladies complaining about him and the impending future of being killed and hated. I suppose it's nice that he still changed and helped his people, no matter his reason though.
(I really liked it though, thank you for making it, you all!)

alien427, 12/28/2017, 2:47 am NST
trivia #1 never showed up for me.

beagle59, 12/28/2017, 5:25 am NST
Since trivia wasn't working for everyone it is only fair that day one should be thrown out.