Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Create your own wishlists!
Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!

Site Updates

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword Answers | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle

Costume Contest: Round 2 Now Open
  • Posted on October 16, 2017, 9:56 am NST

The second round of our Costume Contest is now open! Go vote!

You are given three votes, and you may vote for whichever costumes made it to this round. (The top rated 75 pets from round one moved on. If your costume didn't make it, never fear! It could show up as a staff pick at the end. :D)

You may vote for three different pets, three of the same pets, or however you want to spread your votes around! You just may not vote for yourself.

As a reminder, please only use one jnAccount to vote. Last year we disqualified a handful of people that made the contest unfair by voting on several accounts. :(

» Vote In Round 2 Now «
marfbear, 10/16/2017, 10:24 am NST
I am absolutely stunned I made it to round two!

Now it gets really hard - six of my favorites are still in the running. Gonna have to think about this for a bit.

purplebin, 10/16/2017, 10:37 am NST
NOOOOOOO! Mary Berry did not make it through! Many of my other favorites did, though, so I guess I'll have to carry on for them...

purplebin, 10/16/2017, 10:41 am NST
@marfbear, I voted for Blooogle in the first round because it is original and very well realized without any parts feeling forced or awkward. Nice job!

eggsalad, 10/16/2017, 10:54 am NST
Welp. I didn't make it to round 2.

marfbear, 10/16/2017, 11:06 am NST
Aww, thank you purplebin.

I started watching The Great British Baking Show on Netflix after looking up Mary Berry while voting.

ziporen, 10/16/2017, 11:09 am NST
Well, I didn't get through. Can't say I'm surprised, but at least I was happy with my costume again.

Now, how to spend these votes...

topaz644, 10/16/2017, 11:13 am NST
3 votes is not enough! These costumes are so good!

spabl, 10/16/2017, 11:20 am NST
Not surprised Mary didn't get through! My favorite is though! Congrats on round 2 Marfbear!

recklesse, 10/16/2017, 12:05 pm NST
A lot of the costumes I thought would get through didn't. Two of my favourites were the Happiness Faerie Avatar and the Fonz and I'm quite surprised they didn't get enough votes. I was hoping Mary Berry would still be in this round too. It just shows how diverse people's tastes are.

1jediboy, 10/16/2017, 12:50 pm NST
*looks* Nope; Not in round two. That's okay. I didn't expect to get to round two anyway. Good luck to whoever is left!

P.S. I'll get in NEXT year! I've got a brilliant costume idea!

mollyscribbles, 10/16/2017, 12:50 pm NST
Bleh, most of my short list of faves didn't make it through. Guess my tastes are not universal.

Shout out to The Great Papyrus, Eleven, Wirt, Edward Elric, and Mary Berry -- gone but not forgotten.

The lesson: Even if you've got a great costume idea, don't go for pop culture references outside of Disney properties or Harry Potter.

mavegibson, 10/16/2017, 12:53 pm NST
Cheering for Mug of Cocoa, Constellation and Papa Smurf - in my opinion these 3 are by far the most creative and well-made costumes. There are some other great ones, though. Well done everyone!!

cloonshannagh, 10/16/2017, 1:00 pm NST
HOW can one choose just three?

tamora, 10/16/2017, 1:28 pm NST
This is hard! There are eleven costumes that I think are great, and I only have three votes!

butterflyvj, 10/16/2017, 2:06 pm NST
Ugh there are so many good costumes left for just 3 votes! And I'm sad a bunch of awesome ones didn't make it in (basically all the ones posted here). They had a lot of originality

kitkatmeeoow, 10/16/2017, 2:52 pm NST
Oh well, I didn't make it to round 2. I kinda figured I didn't have a chance once I saw that the poogles had a really good looking premade Chucky costume already so at least there were no surprises. Next time I will be smarter and check individual pet sets as well as other non-species specific ones. I still like my Krawk Chucky though and am proud of her.

I am a little sad though that only 5 of my top 12 made it through which included a couple of my absolute favorites being left behind.

josie, 10/16/2017, 4:16 pm NST
Good luck to everyone who made it to this round! It was very hard choosing only three.

elphapa_the_wicked, 10/16/2017, 5:52 pm NST
Oh man, I was super sad to see Mary Berry didn't make it! Ah well, everyone had some amazing entries this year, so hard to pick!

inkpot, 10/16/2017, 6:25 pm NST
WHAT. i am stunned so many great costumes didn't go through to the next round. a big shout-out to these amazing costumes:

Edward Elric, The Happiness Faerie, Eleven, Lawyer, Sephiroth.

you guys deserved more! i cri 4 u

inkpot, 10/16/2017, 6:28 pm NST
/scrolls through regurgitated killer doll and clown costumes to spend her 3 votes.

1mimi290, 10/16/2017, 10:06 pm NST
Aw, My Barnum costume didnt make it. Oh well.

Im rooting for you Constellation and Hot Coco Mug. Good luck to everyone left

cat, 10/16/2017, 11:25 pm NST
Aww, my Sephiroth costume didn't make it . Thanks for the shout-out though Inkpot . I'm also shocked that the Happiness Faerie and doctor brewing Transmogrification potions didn't make it.

I'll be rooting for the constellation and marshmallow.

spookekoopaling, 10/16/2017, 11:53 pm NST
@recklesse,
Aaah I'm happy that you liked my Fonzie! I've never made it past round one in the contest before, so I kinda expected it. XD But I've never gotten compliments on my costumes before, I thank you!

simimaelian, 10/17/2017, 12:45 am NST
ah! mine got through, how exciting! also glad to see Christine Daae, Prince, mug of cocoa, constellation, and Rosie made it through ^u^

mildly disappointed in how many premade sets got chosen over more creative entries but eh, makes choosing only three to vote for easier!

kumobear, 10/17/2017, 9:45 am NST
@spookekoopaling

I was really looking forward to seeing Fonzie again, and am quite sad to not notice him in this round. Just wanted to also give a shout out to an amazing costume idea!

spookekoopaling, 10/17/2017, 11:02 am NST
@kumobear
Oh my gosh thank you! ;w; That means so much!
I had entered him before last year also, sadly he didn't do well back then either. But actually receiving compliments on a costume of mine is never something thats happened to me before! Thank you for enjoying!

I'm rooting for Prince and Beethoven!

foxycleopatra, 10/18/2017, 4:44 pm NST
Voted for Bob Marley, Xenomorph, and cup of cocoa. Wish I could vote for more, but best of luck to all and thank you all for showing off these amazing customs!!

cat, 10/19/2017, 5:21 pm NST
One thing that bothers me about the xenomorph is it doesn't look like a xenomorph. I mean, I look at the name and obviously think of the Alien franchise, but their Xenomorphs are black and don't have wings.