Create your own wishlists!
A searchable database of Neopets images
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Join a large Neopets community!

Site Updates

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword Answers | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle

Costume Contest: Entries Now Open!
  • Posted on September 28, 2017, 10:31 pm NST

UPDATE, SUBMIT AGAIN: As a quick update, we had a little mishap with entries that were entered before 9:45 PM NST on September 29th. Unfortunately, we had to wipe the list of entries and start from scratch. If you previously entered, please enter again. We apologize for having you go through submissions twice!

Jellyneo's Eleventh Annual Halloween Costume Contest is now open for entries! You have until October 6th at 11:59PM NST to submit your pet dressed up for Halloween.

Just like last year, we will be accepting as many entries as we can for round one of voting. (Barring any rules violations of course, and we also won't be accepting 50 vampires, so be creative!) 75 of the top rated pets from round one will move on to round two, and from there the top 30 will compete for a gold trophy.

For a full list of rules and dates, please see our Costume Contest '17 page. And then start dressing up your pet! (There are no rule changes since last year.)

As a warning to everyone planning on submitting: like we said above, we will only be accepting, at the most, 1-2 variations of a particular costume. In other words, only about 1-2 vampires, only 1-2 Ednas, etc. So if you'd like a better chance of getting in, make a unique, but still recognizable, costume!

» Enter Now «

(Before submitting, be sure to check out the rules!)
spabl, 09/29/2017, 12:11 am NST
Yay!

Allthough I hope I don't have to have my custom to long on my pet because it really doesn't fit with the sort of "Halloween Brides" theme I have on my pets right now!

1jediboy, 09/29/2017, 11:27 am NST
Aww! I had an idea of what kind of costume I wanted to submit... but there was a key prop in the costume that wasn't a wearable!

rafa_potter, 09/29/2017, 12:50 pm NST
Yay, I've been longing for this! I've been trying to get into the contest ever since '10, hopefully this will be my year!

1jediboy, 09/29/2017, 1:12 pm NST
It's not the costume I originally intended to submit, but it is something. I hope you like it!

sealgirl, 09/29/2017, 8:15 pm NST
poo. I have the perfect costume, but it has 6 NC items, I just can't trim down any more. Good luck everyone!

elphapa_the_wicked, 09/29/2017, 8:56 pm NST
I'm just so glad this year my account is back and not randomly frozen mid-contest. I didn't do half badly last year.

dave - JN Staff, 09/29/2017, 9:54 pm NST
@All who entered! Unfortunately, you must enter again. We're running on some newer code for this year's contest and ran into an error that required us to remove all entries. You may immediately submit your entry again. We're working to ensure this doesn't need to happen again.

daisyjane35, 09/30/2017, 2:13 pm NST
Would love to but getting Plug in failure again on my mac, Ideas? Cannot figure out what to do?

zodia195, 09/30/2017, 3:25 pm NST
*Sees the Staff post* I was going to say, I know I didn't break any of the rules when creating mine so I wondered if something happened. I did resubmit mine. This is my first time trying too. So if I check out the Halloween Contest page again I can hope to see my pet this time right? I was scared that I had resubmitted it twice.

dave - JN Staff, 09/30/2017, 3:39 pm NST
@zodia195: You should see your entry here: http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=costume_contest_enter You're prevented from entering twice, so no need to worry.

@daisyjane35: Are you getting that error on Jellyneo?

_kingdomheartsf_68, 09/30/2017, 5:35 pm NST
Uh, I just checked my entry today and it seems to have reset my entry, so I had to resubmit my pet. I read the comments to make sure that's okay before posting this and it looks like everyone's entries also reset. Thanks for the heads up, Dave, I think I'll make it a habit to read the comments when I have site event trouble!

josie, 09/30/2017, 5:37 pm NST
This is my first time entering, and I'm really excited about it. Good luck to all the participants

daisyjane35, 10/1/2017, 12:21 am NST
On neo. Everything else is working fine with flash. Have also taken lots out of the closet to see if that helped. It doesn't!😐

morganjoisle, 10/1/2017, 8:53 pm NST
I was wondering why I didn't have a pet entered - I was confused since I didn't have a rejection message or anything either. That explains it!

surferaj, 10/2/2017, 1:12 pm NST
@Dave -- The JN Review process is TAKING WAY TOO LONG again this year! If your Staff would use DTI they could get our Entries review MUCH FASTER!!!

mistyraider, 10/2/2017, 3:03 pm NST
None of the links here are working -- clicking on Costume Contest 17, rules or Enter Here doesn't do a thing. Is it just me?

I am getting my costume together and would love to submit it.

mistyraider, 10/2/2017, 3:05 pm NST

I am getting my costume together and would love to submit it.

dave - JN Staff, 10/2/2017, 9:04 pm NST
@mistyraider: Everything's working on my end. Try a different browser to check?

dave - JN Staff, 10/2/2017, 9:08 pm NST
@surferaj: Our policy is to reject rule breaking entries as soon as we can, and then accept all non-rule breaking pets by the end of the entry period. Entries have only been open for a mere 4 days, and they'll remain open for another 4. A batch of rejections have already gone out. I think we're doing just fine so far.

recklesse, 10/3/2017, 4:03 am NST
I'm really enjoying browsing through some of the entries from years past. Lots of inspiration there.

mistyraider, 10/3/2017, 2:26 pm NST
Thanks Dave -- it's just me. A different browser didn't work either. But luckily you posted a link farther up that does work! Done agonizing, just submitted.

morganjoisle, 10/4/2017, 9:09 pm NST
@surferaj: At the same time, I always feel that it's kind of unfair that the pets are added to the Entrants page in small batches, instead of all at once. That early exposure doesn't matter nearly as much with the "yay" or "nay voting system in the same round, but it still is painful for all the people who have to wait longer to see if their entry has been accepted or not. ^^'

kitkatmeeoow, 10/4/2017, 10:12 pm NST
How long does it generally take to get accepted or rejected?

I really love my costume this time and do not expect a bunch of people to use the same idea, but I noticed after submitting mine that at least one other person had the same idea, even though both of ours look very very different.

I want to know in case I do get rejected because of better customs or by default in entering later (first come, first accepted kinda thing), I am hoping I will still have time to maybe enter something else. Although I gotta admit, I am really hoping to get accepted, cause this is the first Halloween entry I have submitted that I really loved and turned out how I wanted it too.

spabl, 10/4/2017, 10:32 pm NST
Thanks for accepting my entrie!!!!

recklesse, 10/5/2017, 12:32 am NST
@spabl, yours is adorable!

spabl, 10/5/2017, 6:27 am NST
Thanks Recklesse!!

dave - JN Staff, 10/5/2017, 12:06 pm NST
@kitkatmeeoow: We're working on accepting more today. Keep checking back for updates.

blastoise87blue, 10/5/2017, 1:45 pm NST
All of themso far are pretty awesome. The Phantom of the opera one is really nice

marfbear, 10/5/2017, 2:12 pm NST
Gotta say how much I love the constellation costume!

rosi, 10/5/2017, 5:08 pm NST
@morgan: you know I've always been very outspoken about the early published batch because those entries get more 'airtime': the longer people watch them, the fonder they grow of those costumes. It is a kinda unfair treatment (but I have to say I'm partial because this year I sent an almost last-day entry ) Anyway, I've already spotted a couple of entries I like. Good luck everybody!

ziporen, 10/6/2017, 1:14 am NST
Finally submitted after debating things forever. |D Decided to do something a lot less obscure this year. Fingers crossed!