Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards

Site Updates

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword Answers | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle

Next Neopets Mobile Game Revealed
  • Posted on March 31, 2017, 8:44 pm NST

UPDATE: April Fools! (Pssstt, Jumpstart if you're reading... a new mobile game would be great! Mobile Key Quest anyone?)

We've received some very exciting, exclusive information on a brand new, unreleased mobile game for Neopets that has been in development for the past few months! This is the first mobile development since Ghoul Catchers was released back in early 2015.

The new mobile app, titled Neopets GO: Balthazar's Revenge, is an AR (augmented reality) game that allows you to join Balthazar's Faerie Bottling Inc. and walk around in real life capturing faeries for Balthazar. It appears to be inspired by the popular game, Pokémon GO.

App Store Description
Read more details in the app store description provided to us below:

Ever since Faerieland crashed, Balthazar's been getting more angry about those pesky Faeries living next door -- and now he's finally snapped and is taking his Faerie catching business global! Balthazar's Faerie Bottling, Inc (BOTT) is now hiring! Help Balthazar bottle those Faeries and make the skies of Neopia clear again. Maybe he'll even reward you for the trouble!

Features:

PLAY AS A NEOPET
Select your favourite Neopet species and go to work for Balthazar's Faerie Bottling, Inc!

EXPLORE NEOPIA
Travel across whimsical Neopets-themed maps while you search for those pesky Faeries!

MULTIPLE FAERIE TYPES
Capture Faeries from each of the six main elements, along with some rarer Faeries like the Tooth Faerie or Battle Faerie. Beware! Some Faeries are stronger than others, and will need special bottles to contain their magic!

VISIT BOTTSTOPS
Balthazar's set up offices of his company, Balthazar's Faerie Bottling, Inc, all over Neopia! Visit them to refill your bottle supplies after a long day capturing Faeries!

USE PETPETS
No Faerie can resist the sound of a Petpet! Use them to lure more Faeries to your location! You can get Petpets at special Petpet Trees littered throughout Neopia -- but act fast! Other players will be looking to get those Petpets at the same time!

JOIN TEAMS
Nothing helps productivity like a little competition! Join one of the departments within Balthazar's Bottling Company and compete with each other! The team that captures the most Faeries each month wins a special prize from Balthazar himself!

EARN REWARDS
Balthazar's as generous as he is menacing! Help him capture Faeries, and earn virtual rewards to use on Neopets.com! Just head over to your nearest BOTTstop and exchange them!

In-App Screenshots
We've also been provided with some screenshots of what the game will look like (click to enlarge):

Platforms
The app is being developed for both iOS and Android.

Beta Testing/Release Date
We've also been told that the beta test of the app will begin within the next couple of weeks. If you're interested in testing the new app, more information will be posted on Neopets when it's ready--and we'll make sure to post when it's up and available, so check back often!

Excited about this new game? We definitely are! Let us know what you think in the comments and any ideas you have for the app so that we can pass them along.
gordy_777, 03/31/2017, 8:47 pm NST
Hmm...

I'm definitely on the defensive with this one, but I feel like it *should* be real.

bitsybuttons, 03/31/2017, 8:47 pm NST
i'm sad bc this sounds really cute but it's an april fool's prank, isn't it ;-;

elys3, 03/31/2017, 8:50 pm NST
Gotta give you guys kudos, this looks super believable - alas, the calendar doesn't lie.

klutzygirl1, 03/31/2017, 8:52 pm NST
i want this to be real so bad but the announcement is too coincidental

kasper7489, 03/31/2017, 9:10 pm NST
I was so excited for a split second there before I realized this couldn't be true. Well done fake screenshots.

wyvernwitch, 03/31/2017, 9:14 pm NST
I was completely had by this mess here... It's not even midnight yet!! Give a girl a break!

anonimojack, 03/31/2017, 9:16 pm NST
Can your windows phone run that game?

queenvela, 03/31/2017, 9:18 pm NST
By official AF rules, this has to be real since it wasn't posted on April 1st. I'm jumping on the hype train anyway. HYPE HYPE!!

artemisaltori, 03/31/2017, 9:34 pm NST
that awkward moment when a fansite puts more effort into a prank than an actual company puts into an entire site

novelista, 03/31/2017, 9:36 pm NST
This was posted on the 31st, according to NST; but it's an awful lot like PG for me to accept it as a non-joke. Conflict!

mollyscribbles, 03/31/2017, 9:38 pm NST
Excellent effort on this year's prank, if this isn't a factual report with suspicious timing.

ellejaye, 03/31/2017, 9:46 pm NST
OMG YES!!!!

emeraldmartini, 03/31/2017, 10:34 pm NST
You almost had me. I was thinking "How are they not going to get sued?" And of course the answer popped into my head.

octophi, 03/31/2017, 10:35 pm NST

meeshell362, 03/31/2017, 10:39 pm NST
Hey! March 31st is NOT the same as April 1st. You are now obligated to make this happen for real.

choji13, 03/31/2017, 10:39 pm NST
Please, don't be a prank... PLEASE

jweb, 03/31/2017, 10:44 pm NST

kodiakbermun, 03/31/2017, 10:45 pm NST
I was literally so excited for about five minutes, and then my heart broke when I remembered the date. Thanks. :'

inkpot, 03/31/2017, 10:55 pm NST
a high-quality prank.
ya did have me for a bit. (^; kudos

krasavitsa, 03/31/2017, 11:14 pm NST
Aw you had me for a second there, well played.

ducky - JN Staff, 03/31/2017, 11:26 pm NST
@meeshell362

That's what I tried to say but apperantly "elsewhere" those are commonly post on 31st.
Not here (Finland). Never.

Well done otherwise :p

kentuckyfrychickenrl, 04/1/2017, 12:47 am NST
Why can't this be real???

I would definitely play this. Good job, JN, I love it! <3

katina_choovanski, 04/1/2017, 1:28 am NST
IF this were real, I would boycott-who wants to work for that JERK capturing wonderful faeries?? And using petpets as bait...come ON!!! Diabolical!

forever_future, 04/1/2017, 1:31 am NST
I know this is probably an joke for April 1st, but I would seriously love this!

elvenfaery, 04/1/2017, 1:59 am NST
*me, reading* "Next Neopets Mobile Game Revealed" -Hmm, interesting.
"Neopets GO!" - Seriously? ...Well, I guess that WAS a possibile name for the scrapped app we voted on... could it be related?
"Balthazar's Revenge" -Nope, not related.
"The new mobile app... is an AR..." -*sigh* *multiple areas of brain analyzing several possibilities at once* *facepalm* *scrolls down a little faster to verify conclusion*
You had me for a couple seconds there...

Happy Month of Eating!

m00m00, 04/1/2017, 2:11 am NST
Why does the description of the game sound a bit... racist?
o vo

cpulveda, 04/1/2017, 4:44 am NST
That looks like Pokemon Go!

sakeru187, 04/1/2017, 4:59 am NST
but

beyondelsewhere, 04/1/2017, 5:56 am NST
You have no no no idea how much I would love for this to be real. Well parts of it anyhow.

benladesh - JN Staff, 04/1/2017, 5:58 am NST
...I would play it

reallynot, 04/1/2017, 5:58 am NST
It's a shame that they put more effort in a prank than they did in improving the site

tabbysam, 04/1/2017, 6:34 am NST
Hmm... better than the actual prank Neopets did.

fenix, 04/1/2017, 6:35 am NST
I really hate this friggin' holiday. Was gonna say, "no way they could legally do this", then remembered what today was.

labtech468, 04/1/2017, 6:57 am NST
Mean prank!

butterflyvj, 04/1/2017, 7:34 am NST
I was so hyped for this until I realized the annual tradition was today.

Well, I have to say that your prank is better because it was more believable!! Well done, but still

rosi, 04/1/2017, 7:44 am NST
This is an interesting April Fool's joke ! I'll get back to it after beating today's score
Happy April Fool's Day

morganjoisle, 04/1/2017, 8:06 am NST
Omg thank you rosi for mentioning that today is April Fool's day. At first I was like "wait, what?!?!? I don't want to download knockoff pokemon go, I don't even like the real pokemon go! "

egyptfrost, 04/1/2017, 8:42 am NST
I wonder how hard that would actually be to make, It seems like it'd be a cute game! Good prank!

dogslover123, 04/1/2017, 9:05 am NST
Oh no, please don't tell me this is a prank

_tigerpaws_, 04/1/2017, 9:22 am NST
Ha...
I was actually really excited for this, but anyway. Nice April Fools joke.

5270080b, 04/1/2017, 9:35 am NST
Is this an April Fools Day joke? Can someone from Jellyneo confirm it in the comments. I'm really excited for the new app!

surferaj, 04/1/2017, 9:46 am NST
Awesome! JN Staff is much better at creating semi-convincing April Fool's Day pranks that JS/TNT Staff.

elvenfaery, 04/1/2017, 10:26 am NST
This does look pretty cool, all things considered.

My only concern is about rural areas... I can barely play Pokemon Go as I only have (unstable) cell service in about 20% of the mile or so I can safely walk in my neighborhood, and I don't get out much.
If Neopets GO uses the same sort of location and movement features as the app that inspired it... I'm going to be a very angry coconut.

But ooh... do you think we can use our Keyquest tokens as avatars?!? That Lupe sort of looks like one...

emerald_eagle, 04/1/2017, 11:01 am NST
The worst part is, I know this is a prank but I would kill for a game like this. I haven't had much motivation to play Neopets in years, and if it meant making some knockoff game relating to some lore in our site and a game on there, it'd be incentive to go and chat with people on there again.

Still, nice prank guys, you're getting pretty good at this.

dave - JN Staff, 04/1/2017, 11:01 am NST
Indeed, looks like this'll be a new way to use all of those Key Quest tokens!

scarlet189, 04/1/2017, 11:01 am NST
I forgot it was april fools until i looked at the news on Neopets and then back here again and realized it was a joke. (Although I was happy momentarily to put one more game towards the top gamer avatar).

carmel_whitworth, 04/1/2017, 11:09 am NST
omggggggg........ i forgot it was april fools and was legitimately about to go out and buy a cellphone just for this crap asdnkasldna i would have played it

ressq, 04/1/2017, 11:16 am NST
NOT COOL JN. NOT COOL

topaz644, 04/1/2017, 12:25 pm NST
Good one JN! Kudos!

theelementsofharmony, 04/1/2017, 12:26 pm NST
tfw april fool's...

1jediboy, 04/1/2017, 12:36 pm NST
OMG YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

1jediboy, 04/1/2017, 12:40 pm NST
Wait... *checks calendar* ... Never mind.

gamer_5_55_555, 04/1/2017, 12:52 pm NST
This is a fun news post.

Also note it comes after other April 1 posts, like Wardrobe Wars and the Monthly Freebies. The date was just faked to not give it away.

dragondancer007, 04/1/2017, 1:18 pm NST

kanadiansnowbunny - JN Staff, 04/1/2017, 1:46 pm NST
hehehe

chibiaden14, 04/1/2017, 2:04 pm NST
This looks a lot like another game called Blank Go... Well played JN... Well played.

bob_smith, 04/1/2017, 2:11 pm NST
my my that is A LOT of work for just a prank!

josie, 04/1/2017, 2:29 pm NST
I would so love this to be real! Awesome job on thinking such a cool prank up, guys

vincent7577, 04/1/2017, 3:13 pm NST
What are you guys talking about, prank??? Neopets is a business not a gag machine, I for one am very excited for this new game

bennyw, 04/1/2017, 3:21 pm NST
JN, this is mean... I actually fell for this one!

panthera_alba, 04/1/2017, 3:49 pm NST
Awesome. How long did it take to make those fake screenshots?

cat, 04/1/2017, 4:08 pm NST
I kinda wish it were real but also kinda don't since I don't have a smartphone.

surferaj, 04/1/2017, 5:02 pm NST
I've got a lot of Key Quest Tokens to burn. -- But thankfully, I'm smart enough not to have a smart phone.

marfbear, 04/1/2017, 5:42 pm NST
Well played indeed.

corn_pops2002, 04/1/2017, 6:30 pm NST
I'm not gonna lie I would play this in a heartbeat! So wish it was real

1jediboy, 04/1/2017, 9:33 pm NST
*claps* Awesome! Truly awesome prank! Just curious... Would it be free-to-play?

spicyemma, 04/2/2017, 12:41 am NST
Everybody go tell JS on FB and twitter to make this game

elvenfaery, 04/2/2017, 12:57 am NST
I was thinking yesterday that it would've been totally awesome if you guys had teamed up with some of the other fansites to really sell the idea
While JN is *obviously* the best, I could see JS/TNT not wanting to appear to be playing favourites with this type of exclusive.

pikachu315111, 04/2/2017, 11:55 am NST
YES! PLEASE MAKE A MOBILE KEY QUEST (also would be nice to fix the one on the site but if you can't I won't argue with you making it mobile)!

Actually a Mobile Habitarium wouldn't be a bad idea either. Ooh, maybe they could even do a Pokemon Go thing where you could catch wild Petpetpets! And you could also have a Petpet partner who would help attract and find Petpetpets as well.

Key Quest and Habitarium would both make great mobile games.

cat, 04/2/2017, 2:50 pm NST
I wouldn't care about a mobile KQ (I didn't care particularly about the original), I'd be more interested in a mobile Treasure Keepers.

kreyrie, 04/3/2017, 12:09 am NST
You guys went all out on this one! A+!

dj_zapple, 04/4/2017, 2:03 am NST
So it's NOT real...? Awww...

zac_pichuefron, 04/14/2017, 12:48 am NST
This actually made me sad because I just realised Neopets probably will never be great again. And the update mentioning Key Quest... I already gave up on KQ, tbh. Nice idea, tho. If the players had any voice in their decisions regarding basically anything it would be cool