Wraiths are taking over Neopia! The Advent Calendar is here for all of December!
Create your own wishlists!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
A searchable database of Neopets images

Site Updates

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Plot | Advent

Wishlists Updates
  • Posted on January 11, 2017, 7:25 pm NST

We're excited to announce the next round of major changes to our Wishlists service over in the Item Database. This update is 100% focused on Neocash trading and the new options we've released!

Find Trades Faster
Late last year, we released our "Trade Finder" that would allow you to compare wishlists and trade lists with other JN users. This was great if you knew who you may have wanted to trade with, but that was about it.

Now, we're releasing the next phase, which brings easy seeking and UFT lists direct to each NC item's details page:

Every NC item in our database will now list the number of people currently seeking said item, and the number of people who have that item up for trade. Simply click on each number to get a list of who is seeking/trading. From there, you can easily compare your trade lists to see what you might offer up. It's perfect when you already know what you want.

Sharing Contact Information
We've made it easy to get into contact with other Jellyneo users. Simply look for their Neopets username at the top of their wishlists for a quick link to Neomail them. (For your safety, always conduct your NC trading on Neopets.)

You can share your Neopets username with other people in a few easy steps:

1) Visit your jnAccount Settings to input your Neopets username.

2) Visit the settings page of the wishlist you'd like to share contact information on, and toggle the box to opt into sharing.

By default, your Neopets username is hidden, and of course, sharing is always optional.

BONUS UPDATE: Printable Wishlists
In non-NC trading related news, we've also added the option for you to print your wishlists. We heard you loud and clear, and printing has returned. You can print your list by clicking the "Print" link next to the Manage/Move/Settings links at the top of each your wishlist's page. You can then customize the view a bit to fit your printing needs.

What's Next?
The next major feature we have on deck for wishlists is an import option, so that you can easily import many items at once from your SDB, gallery, Closet, etc. Stay tuned for updates!

And don't forget... we're looking to add some fresh new faces to the Jellyneo staff in the Item Database department. If you're interested in applying, check here for all the details. Apply by January 20th!
hamzah_khan, 01/11/2017, 7:58 pm NST
I'm curious, for those who print, what do you do with your printed wish list?

dave - JN Staff, 01/11/2017, 8:06 pm NST
@hamzah_khan: I'm curious too

kimchica, 01/11/2017, 8:39 pm NST
I'm wondering if you are ever going to bring back the ability to get the coding for your wishlists to post on petpages, especially as you cannot link directly to jellyneo on petpages at this time.
I understand a bunch of words are blocked, and it's annoying.. but we can stll get coding to post books/gourmets/stamps... so why not custom wishlists?

amethyst43217, 01/11/2017, 8:51 pm NST
Please, make it easier to tick off the obtained items or delete them. It should be available in the "view"...view. Not just by going into editing and then having to look for the right item, 'cause that makes it kinda counterproductive.

tyuio_k50, 01/11/2017, 9:12 pm NST
@kimchia Someone is supposedly working on a browser extension to do just that. I'm not sure if I can link to the site, but it's the place where TNT did their AMA but on /r/neopets.

tyuio_k50, 01/11/2017, 9:15 pm NST
@kimchica here's a gif if it will let me post it: http://imgur.com/a/pMjYI The user claims to have found a way around item filters ?

dave - JN Staff, 01/11/2017, 9:20 pm NST
@kimchica: Petpage coding is indeed on the roadmap, it's just not the next thing since not as many people have been asking for it.

tyuio_k50, 01/11/2017, 9:21 pm NST
@dave just wondering, why did you guys choose to not have it initially?

kimchica, 01/12/2017, 12:40 am NST
Interesting. I just miss the wishlist coding generator a lot. I have many uses for it.

phenixia, 01/12/2017, 8:49 am NST
I tryed it this morning! Nice tool! Really nice tool! Printing works really well and it's really easy to use. Unfortunatly, when the name on JN isn't the same on Neopets, it's difficult to reach a person. For those wondering why print lists, personnaly I use that to add the NC value, so it's easier to make fair trade in one glance.

sassy372, 01/12/2017, 11:55 am NST
Thank you sooooo much for your effort JN !!!
Appreciate the new tools.
Huggles,sassy

eliz1bef, 01/12/2017, 2:19 pm NST
I would also like to see the return of wishlists coding. I have a wishlist for my gallery that I have organized into subsections. If I did that by using multiple wishlists, I'd have dozens of them. I would like to be able to have more options when organizing my wishlists, as well. I have quite a few and some are related to one another, and I'd like to be able to make that more obvious. That said, I love the wishlists tool, and I use it constantly!

missscarlet, 01/12/2017, 2:41 pm NST
Wow i didn't notice the wishlist coding feature was removed until today when i was trying to find it, i'd use it all the time and i wanted to update my petpages and i wonder why was it removed in the first place? I don't understand the need to print our wishlists since most people probably don't know all their neofriends irl as well, i really do hope it comes back, i guess i'll have to edit what i had manually until then.

forever_future, 01/13/2017, 2:50 am NST
Just as a bit of advice; make sure to double check with the user you're trading with. If you're Neomailing them, make sure that you both understand which items the pair of you are sending to each other.
Clarification beforehand can save you a lot of upset later on!

warhammerhamster, 01/13/2017, 6:57 am NST
I'm a bit late, but I'm SO happy that there will be printable wish lists again! I love to print them out, keep them in a binder, and highlight as I collect. I'm starting a new gallery soon, so this is wonderful! Still pondering a gallery theme though...

purplebin, 01/13/2017, 3:52 pm NST
I see that the "last updated date" is listed at the bottom of trade lists, which is very useful. Although it might be more useful at the top of the page.

stormmonarch, 01/15/2017, 5:49 am NST
Off topic but I'm not sure where to ask. I have not logged into Neopets for 2 years. I attempted once today. I was pretty sure that my word was correct but I cannot log in despite trying many times (it didn't say that the word is wrong). Regardless, I went ahead and changed the word and received a confirmation that the change was successful. I attempted to log in but it was still unsuccessful (the page simply went back to the front page). Is this a current bug?

surferaj, 01/15/2017, 9:37 am NST
I've completed one NC Trade with the assistance of the new JN NC Trading function fo the Wishlist Service. This is a great new tool and one that I will be using a lot!

surferaj, 01/15/2017, 9:39 am NST
@stormmonarch -- Try using reviewing that Account from a Side Account if you have one. Unfortuantely, you might be Frozen for your own protection. JS/TNT did that to a lot of accounts recently. Unfortunately, getting your account back might take a lot to time and effort.

surferaj, 01/15/2017, 9:41 am NST
Correction of Typos: StormMonarch -- Try reviewing you Account from a Side Account if you have one. Unfortuantely, that account might be Frozen for your own protection. JS/TNT did that to a lot of accounts recently. Unfortunately, getting your account back might take a lot of time and effort. Also review the Help Board, where there's Topics related to Frozen Accounts.

stormmonarch, 01/15/2017, 10:00 pm NST
Thanks for the reply, surferaj. When I tried to log in, I could enter the username and word, but the page just returned to the front page. The page did not say that my account is frozen. I tried to log in my side accounts (which have not been logged in for 2 years either) and the same thing happened. I have tried different devices (computer, phone) and different network but it did not solve the issue. You can look up my account: incandescentstorm

stormmonarch, 01/15/2017, 10:00 pm NST

surferaj, 01/16/2017, 3:35 pm NST
@stormmonarch -- When I put that Account Name you gave me in the Neopet Search, it comes back with this message: Sorry, nothing containing 'incandescentstorm' was found. Please try again. -- If you have not done so, I'd recommend starting a new Side Account so you can at least submit Tickets to JS/TNT about the 2 Accounts you cannot access. There's a chance after 2 years without being accessed that your Accounts could have been purged. At some point TNT established new Guidlines for purging Accounts.

surferaj, 01/16/2017, 3:42 pm NST
@stormmonarch -- I think that TNT's current rules for purging obsolete or unaccessed Accounts is as follows: Accounts that have not been accessed in over 18 months are subject to being purged/deleted.

stormmonarch, 01/17/2017, 9:04 am NST
Thanks, surferaj. When I tried to log in, I can still see my pet (Pharis). I have 4 side accounts and cannot log in any.

jagaleigh, 01/17/2017, 11:38 pm NST
I love every one of you creative-creatures @ JN. You do such a fantastic job. I never send word to y'all expressing my amazement or gratitude...but your announcement of YET ANOTHER helpful addition for those of us dedicated to neopets...I guess it just sorta drove the point home for me. So---Yeah. I gotta say...THANK YOU.

mavegibson, 01/18/2017, 12:31 pm NST
I have a few suggestions for the wishlist, not sure how do-able they are, but these are features I'd love to see.

1] The ability to see, when browsing someone else's lists, items highlighted that are on my wishlist (perhaps I can select which of my lists get highlighted, or if I hover over the item, I can see a a tooltip listing which of my wishlists the item is on). That way if I want to add it to my wishlist I will know if it's already there, or if I want to trade for the item, I'll know it's an item I don't yet have.

2] The ability to see, when browsing someone else's wishlists and UFT lists, which items that could potentially make a trade. In other words, when I'm browsing someone's UFT list, anything that is on my wishlist is highligted, and when I'm browsing their wishlist, items that are on my UFT list are highlighted.

mavegibson, 01/18/2017, 12:32 pm NST
Oh, I forgot to mention

3] the ability to one-click add an item to my wishlist from someone else's wishlist, without having to leave the page.

mavegibson, 01/19/2017, 12:22 pm NST
My first message got cut off.

The two are related, but serve different purposes. Perhaps a color coded border, where green is an item I want that they have, and blue is an item they want that I have.

Thanks so much, guys, for everything you do. This new NC trading system has revolutionized the market, and I'm really grateful.

surferaj, 01/21/2017, 8:45 am NST
I've now made 3-4 Trades using the JN NC Trading function. -- I only wish that more people would take the time and add their Wish Lists and UFT Lists on JN, as well as update the crossreference to their Neopets Account name.