Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
A searchable database of Neopets images
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!

Site Updates

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword Answers | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle

Happy Halloween!
  • Posted on October 31, 2016, 12:02 am NST

The JN Staff are celebrating this year with a new set of costumes. Can you guess who everyone is dressed up as? Share your own costumes in the comments below!

The winners for our Tenth Annual Costume Contest have also been released. Trophies have been awarded, and a shiny new trophy cabinet will be awarded later today!

Check Out the Winners »

Site Theme Alert! Don't forget that today (October 31st) at 11:59pm NST, refreshing anywhere on the Neopets site will get you the elusive Halloween site theme. This is the only time of year you can obtain it, so don't forget to stay up!

alienspacefairy, 10/31/2016, 12:09 am NST
Congratulations everyone Happy Halloween!

jen - JN Staff, 10/31/2016, 12:10 am NST
Congratulations to the winners and everyone who entered for the fantastic costumes!

Happy Halloween everyone

lucky300, 10/31/2016, 12:37 am NST
I love the JN staff costumes - especially the Pokemon themed ones. I think my favorite is Ducky dressed as Psyduck. And Skylar dressing as Dave is just plain awesome. Awesome job overall to the person (Rosie?) that drew the costumes of the JN staff.

forever_future, 10/31/2016, 12:41 am NST
Happy Halloween!
Question: It says "Lastly, all users who voted in at least one round of the contest have been awarded a trophy cabinet claim", but when I went to go and check for myself, the page says "you do not have any cabinet themes". I participated in all three voting rounds, so have I just made a mistake somewhere...?
Thanks and happy trick or treating everyone!

pikachu315111, 10/31/2016, 12:42 am NST
Happy Halloween!

Congrats to the winners of the Tenth Annual Costume Contest! Many of them were good this year. Looking forward to next year.

And time for the JN Staff costumes and, oh my, look like the Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts bug bit many of them. I approve since both are my favorite game franchises.

Dave: Ash's Squirtle (with more Kamina-like sunglasses)
Suzuka: Ampharos
Max: Surfing Pikachu
SirCabbage: Lance (& Dragonair)
Herdy: Search Ghost Heartless
Chesu: Master Xehanort
Michael: Luxord
noileh: Nurse Joy (& Umbreon)
rosiethorns88: Riku (Dream Drop Distance clothes)(& Komory Bat)
Rylon: Roxas
Kataklysmos: Geodude
Aurora: Aqua
Leaf: Spark (& Jolteon)
Link: ???

I like how I got every single Pokemon and KH one

pikachu315111, 10/31/2016, 12:42 am NST
I like how I got every single Pokemon and KH one but none of the others.

lucky300, 10/31/2016, 12:43 am NST
And congrats to all the winners of the Costume Contest! There were so many great entries this year. I keep telling myself that I'm going to enter when this contest comes around, but then I never do. Oh well, there's always next year.

pikachu315111, 10/31/2016, 12:44 am NST
Oh, wait, Jen is the main character from Legally Blonde, isn't she?

forever_future, 10/31/2016, 12:44 am NST
Sorry for the second comment, but I can't seem to find the "Steampunkin'" theme either...

duckywucky - JN Staff, 10/31/2016, 12:45 am NST
Congrats the winners! Awesome entries!

I had bit trouble with theme, because I've never played Pokemon, I do know few pokemons and Psyduck being one of those and I think it's very cute. And suitable for Ducky.

pikachu315111, 10/31/2016, 1:04 am NST
@ duckywucky:
That's alright, Psyduck is an iconic Pokemon so its a good choice. Psy-yi-yi!

vaporesque, 10/31/2016, 1:05 am NST
@ forever_future

I can't find the "Steampunkin'" theme either... and I only entered a pet for that prize

shadowlight17, 10/31/2016, 1:11 am NST
Oh wow, a Runner-Up trophy! Thank you, everyone, for voting for Loritas (Rey), and congratulations to all the winners!

The Staff costumes are great as usual; SirCabbage as Lance is probably my favorite. Happy Halloween, everyone!

inkpot, 10/31/2016, 2:27 am NST
the only staff costume i couldn't put my finger on was Noir. had to google that one, lol.

marfbear, 10/31/2016, 3:43 am NST
I got a staff pick, wasn't expecting that - thanks!

bonju, 10/31/2016, 3:53 am NST
Oooh very happy to see I ended up in 4th place!
Congratulations to the winners and everyone who entered!

doomdesire5, 10/31/2016, 4:07 am NST
I wonder if Sweep got all of those Pidgeys from Wonder Trade

stories2btold, 10/31/2016, 5:08 am NST
I love Link as the Little Prince! Such a great movie.

boyob, 10/31/2016, 5:25 am NST
Always happy when I get at least half of the JN costume references.

Fantastic work as always, everyone!

Also, Jen's Legally Blonde costume is my favorite.

lucy_haha, 10/31/2016, 5:49 am NST
Thsnks JN staffs for the pick! :*

Also, watch out for Miss Krampus in Halloween, in Christmas, in EVERY SINGLE DAY.

lucy_haha, 10/31/2016, 5:53 am NST
Also, it appears that I don't get to claim my theme even after I've gotten the staff pick trophy.

vincent7577, 10/31/2016, 6:05 am NST
Whoo I got 15th place the other year too

Thanks to everyone that voted for me ^_^

skylar - JN Staff, 10/31/2016, 6:34 am NST
Why is Dave on the staff page twice?

ian - JN Staff, 10/31/2016, 7:08 am NST
I even have a character quote as my staff blurb. It can't be too difficult.

leafthethief - JN Staff, 10/31/2016, 7:43 am NST
congrats those who made it to the top, especially the first place, it looks fantastic

dave - JN Staff, 10/31/2016, 7:55 am NST
@All: Cabinet theme claims and the new cabinet itself will be awarded later today.

link - JN Staff, 10/31/2016, 8:41 am NST
Now I'm not saying I voted for Link the entire time.
But I'm not saying I didn't vote him either.

Le Petit Prince <3 <3 <3

surfcb, 10/31/2016, 10:35 am NST
I see people saying Jen is the main character from Legally Blonde, but as someone who has never seen Legally Blonde, I honestly thought she was Sharpay Evans, lol

tabbysam, 10/31/2016, 12:07 pm NST
How did most of the staff end up with either a Pokemon or Kingdom Hearts theme?

tabbysam, 10/31/2016, 12:16 pm NST
rosiethorns88's costume actually reminds me I need to play that. My brother was trying to get me into Kingdom Hearts and I forgot I was playing one of them.

rosi, 10/31/2016, 12:49 pm NST
WOWWOWOWOWOWWOOW!!!! I'm so, SOOOOO happy that Link won the Halloween costume this year It was one of my favourites as soon as the first entries were published! Congrats to Kaceylea
The items all look so wonderfully put together. And finally, after years, we have a *real* costume as a winner

rosi, 10/31/2016, 12:51 pm NST
And OH-EM-GEE OH-EM-GEE OH-EM-GEE!!!!!
My pet won an honourable mention as a Staff Pick!!! *faints* I just can't contain the excitement!!!
As someone who has never won anything I was just as happy that my pet went past the first round This is beyond awesome
Thank you so much for whoever pick Arthur as Red Bird *love*
This is even more awesome because last year it was my sister who won a Staff Pick for her Sailor Mercury costume, and now it's me !
We had the same reaction ROTFL
Thank you soooooooo much and have a happy and safe Halloween !

jweb, 10/31/2016, 12:57 pm NST
congrats to all the winners

duckywucky - JN Staff, 10/31/2016, 1:32 pm NST
@tabbysam

Well there might have been talks about to go under a theme. So Pokemon and KH came up (I have KH I and II and haven't played. Horrible backlog I have). I had other suggestions as well for (since whole Halloween is bit ehh for me since no such thing here), but got Psyduck and happy with it.

We are so fluffy and chubby with Monica.. I mean Jigglypuff.

ian - JN Staff, 10/31/2016, 2:41 pm NST
ftr I was going to be Zexion, but with a little time left, I asked Rosie if I could change, and luckily she hadn't drawn me yet.

pikachu315111, 10/31/2016, 3:03 pm NST
@ duckywucky:
"We are so fluffy and chubby with Monica.. I mean Jigglypuff. "

*Don't be that guy, Pik, don't be that guy, don't be that guy...*

Actually Monica is a Clefairy.

*Sigh, I'm weak*

@ ian:
I was thinking Michael and Rylon looked kind of lonely being the only Organization members.

ian - JN Staff, 10/31/2016, 3:13 pm NST
@pikahcu315111: You still don't have any idea of who I am? Think....Adult Swim.

melinda_kacheek, 10/31/2016, 3:43 pm NST
Kacey won?! Kacey won!

I am so happy for her, considering that she just got her account back recently so I am sure she's so excited!

And I want to thank all who wanted for my Willy Wonka. I am so happy that so many other people thought Lucky's costume was a fitting tribute to a wonderful man and actor. I was hoping for a podium finish of course but being sixth place meant that I beat 244 people so I am thrilled!

Congrats to Jordie for her 11th place.

Congrats to the other wishes and best of luck for next year! It was a blast!

pikachu315111, 10/31/2016, 4:01 pm NST
@ ian:
I don't really care for Adult Swim so know very little about the shows it has. However I did look up your quote and found out who it was.

plushielynis, 10/31/2016, 4:03 pm NST
Congrats Kacey and Melinda!! So proud of you guys and everybody else <3

I'm super happy on me and Saphronn winning 11th place, thanks to everyone for voting

Though just to point out (not that it really matters) that I am a he, melinda

labpartnerincrime, 10/31/2016, 4:41 pm NST
Cabbage, it's been like 3 years and I have yet to see a Fallout costume on you for Halloween.

Tsk tsk.

(though that Lance is wonderful so I forgive you)

rosi, 10/31/2016, 6:30 pm NST
@melinda_kacheek: it's a nice thought that those two costumes that were tributes to beloved actors who sadly passed away this year got such high ranks (2nd and 6th respectively).

We've had Snape & Wonka every year, but this time it is more meaningful.

kanadiansnowbunny - JN Staff, 10/31/2016, 6:52 pm NST
Congrats to the winners and participants of the Costume Contest!

And to all of you who guessed the staff's costumes. haha =)

duckywucky - JN Staff, 10/31/2016, 10:27 pm NST
@pikachu315111

"Actually Monica is a Clefairy."

See I don't know my Pokemon.
I thought it looked Jigglypuff. I am probably only one in staff who hasn't played any type of Pokemon (even not GO).

I had to poogle Clefairy and Jigglypuff.. OMG IS IS THE SAME POKEMON. HOW DO YOU SEE DIFFERENCE WHEN FACE IS REPLACED WITH MON'S FACE!?

... oh Clafairy has some kind of claws and easr are bit different.

I like Jigglypuf. I use it in Smash.

I take my words back. I look cute as chubby Psyduck.

jen - JN Staff, 10/31/2016, 11:45 pm NST
@pikachu315111 - Hee, stoked we nearly had you stumped.

Elle Woods - role model for our generation 8D

pikachu315111, 11/1/2016, 12:04 am NST
@ duckywucky:
Both have the hair curl but its mainly the ears that tells you its a Clefairy (and Jigglypuff is generally portrayed as a brighter pink). But without seeing the face it does take a few seconds to figure out which one it is. The two have similarities, not exactly counterparts but sort of partners.

@ jen:
I was kind of in Pokemon/Kingdom Hearts mode so when I saw a non-Pokemon/KH I kind of blanked, lol. It's not till I looked back did I notice the chihuahua and remember Legally Blonde.

surferaj, 11/1/2016, 12:30 am NST
Have to say that I appreciate the Staff picks more than the winners of this year's JN Halloween Costume Contest. The taste level of most JN Members is dipping quite low these days.

peirigill - JN Staff, 11/1/2016, 12:34 am NST
#pikachu315111: That's "Perrygon" to you.

surferaj, 11/1/2016, 12:42 am NST
Really loved viewing the JN Staff Costumes! It's nice to hear a little from you all a few times a year.

sweep_the_doghouse - JN Staff, 11/1/2016, 2:16 am NST
@doomdesire5 @pikachu315111
I'm going to assume those are references to other Pokemon games, but for the record the only one I've played is Pokemon GO... which is infested with pidgeys, and I LOVE it. Gotta catch all the birds. ALL. THE. BIRDS.

alessia, 11/1/2016, 2:31 am NST
This year there were so many wonderful costumes!! I really like many top finalists even if my favourite (the ones I voted during last round) finished 4th and 5th.
And I'm so happy for my sister's pet!! At the end I couldn't keep the secret and I did a little spoiler AHAHAHAH

rosiethorns88 - JN Staff, 11/1/2016, 5:58 am NST
My apologies for the delay on the cabinet theme everyone, my rivet gun kept jamming. It should be released today after it gets all polished up.

-Rosie the Riveter

lucy_haha, 11/1/2016, 8:55 am NST
Thanks! Take your time.

alienspacefairy, 11/1/2016, 9:21 am NST
I didn't get my steampunkin trophy for participating. I just wanted to let you know.

weepit, 11/1/2016, 11:04 am NST
SECRET TEAPOT IS SECRET!

*clamps hands over mouth and runs away giggling*

P.S. Sorry again, Dave

surferaj, 11/1/2016, 12:22 pm NST
Blah......

mavegibson, 11/1/2016, 12:57 pm NST
I really am glad other people liked the Fancy Mushroom one too. I voted for that one to win every time. Wasn't sure if I was alone in really liking that one.

invader_of_worlds, 11/1/2016, 6:21 pm NST
Link is the little prince from the book of the same name duh!!!!! Cute too and HI LINK!

morganjoisle, 11/2/2016, 12:23 pm NST
I just wanted to say that I love Skylar's Halloween costumes. That is amazingsauce.