Snowager alert!

Create your own wishlists!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Earn NP from playing games!
A searchable database of Neopets images

Site Updates

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword Answers | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle

Recent Item DB Updates
  • Posted on October 23, 2016, 9:04 am NST

Since we released our revamped Item Database, we've been busy at work adding new features and additional data into the database. One of the big reasons for revamping was to make it easier to expedite these sorts of changes, so we're happy to see quite a few are finally coming to fruition! Below is what we've added in the past 2 months:

Wishlist Bug Fixes
First off, I'll mention a few bug fixes we've made to wishlists. For those with larger lists, you should now be able to freely use the "View All" option without certain items not updating. For those with long usernames, we've also added an alternative linking option if the Neoboards is labeling your link as "gibberish."

Mobile Bug Fixes
We've also rolled out a handful of fixes to quirks on the mobile version of the Item Database. We still have a few more items we're working on there that we hope to get out soon.

Checklist Tool Updates
When using any one of our checklist tools (such as the Book Checklist, Stamp Checklist, Gourmet Checklist, etc.) you can now create a new wishlist right from the results page! (And of course, continue to select any existing wishlists you may have already created.)

And with our Book Checklist, Booktastic Checklist, and Gourmet Foods Checklist tools, you will now be informed which books will be considered "boring" by your pet and which foods your pet will refuse to eat. Hopefully this will save you a few Neopoints!

TCG Set Labels
All of the trading card items have been labeled with which set they come from, and you can now search for them by set! For example, here are all of the Battle for Meridell cards. Or, my personal favorite, all of the Return of Dr. Sloth cards. The sidebar search has a new dropdown to allow you select a set when searching.

Each set also shows up in the item's category list, such as on Dr. Sloth (TCG):

Cooking Pot Recipes
We also removed all of the Cooking Pot recipe notes from items, and instead added them as actual "recipes" in the database. You'll now see a "Cooking Pot Recipe" section on items that can be obtained from the Cooking Pot.

For example, Asparagus can be created by mixing a Magic Potion and Sunflower Seeds. We also include the latest prices we have, if any, so you can decide if it's worth mixing.

Price Checker Tools
Our latest set of tools allows you to paste in the source code for a page from your Closet, Gallery, Safety Deposit Box, Shop Stock, or Storage Shed and get a list of prices. Perfect for helping to price your shop, or for seeing if you have any long lost treasures (or, unbuyables) hanging around that you didn't know about otherwise. Try them out!

New Neocash Special Categories
We use "special categories" to group items together that aren't necessarily easy to find all together otherwise. For example, all items with animated images can be found in the Animated Items special category. Or, all of the exclusive Grave Danger Prizes can be found in one category.

When it comes to Neocash, though, we don't really have many special categories. That is now beginning to change. We have added categories for the following groups of items:
We've also added a few categories for recurring NC events:
If you have any categories you'd like to see, let us know in the comments.

Petpet Matcher
We've got one more tool that we recently added: a Petpet Matcher! Looking to give your Neopet a new petpet? Our tool allows you to browse all of the petpets in our database by colour or species and place them side by side with your Neopet. Try before you buy, if you will. Try it out! You can find it linked with the rest of our tools.

BETA: Neocash Trade Finder
We are currently testing out a brand new (and long promised) feature for wishlists: a Neocash comparison tool! With this feature, you'll be able to compare your NC Trade Lists and Wishlists with other JN users. The tool will automatically compare what you're seeking and trading with another user to find what items could possibly be traded. It'll be a nice place to start to see what you might offer.

To get started, simply visit any user's wishlists on JN and if they have a Neocash list, look for the "Find NC Trades" button. Make sure that you have your lists properly identified as Neocash by visiting "Settings" and choose the proper "List Type".

You can also visit the Trade Finder page to get your link to share or find another user to compare to.

Since this feature is new and in beta, we'd love to get your feedback on things to improve (or any bugs you may find!). Either post in the comments here, or fill out the Contact Us form.
novelista, 10/23/2016, 9:12 am NST
NOICE!

(I'm still here...see?!)

beyondelsewhere, 10/23/2016, 9:15 am NST
Your Item DB is amazing. Thank you so much for all of the hard work I know must go into this!

luuviick, 10/23/2016, 10:05 am NST
Love the petpet matcher!!! Thank you for all of your time and effort put into this site

maggma99, 10/23/2016, 10:19 am NST
Very great! I especially love the price checkers. Never knew my SDB was that valuable. Hoping you guys can restore the Trading Post Tagger soon!

atryeu, 10/23/2016, 10:48 am NST
Yay, thanks for finally putting out the SDB price checker! As a dialup user I really don't have time to try and check each item with the shop wizard so this will allow me to finally see what goodies I have in my SDB that I can sell for a decent price! Thank you!

purplebin, 10/23/2016, 10:51 am NST
The price checkers are going to be a very useful tool in figuring out what to move in and out of my shop to even start using the SSW.
And I saw the NC trade finder last night, but needing to know a specific username to enter makes it less useful than having it show all the users that have my wishes, or the ones looking for what I have to trade.
I know I'm going to love all the changes and additions, I use the JN item database all the time!
Thanks so much, JN team!

dave - JN Staff, 10/23/2016, 11:09 am NST
@purplebin: Stay tuned, this is just step 1 for NC trade finding!

@maggma99: The Trading Post Tagger wasn't really achieving what we wanted it to, so it hasn't been a priority to bring it back. It's still on the to-do list, but it's not a top priority right now until we come up with some tweaks.

purplebin, 10/23/2016, 3:25 pm NST
I like the "boring" books feature, but does that show all boring, books, including ones that can be fixed with a language change, or is it just the newer ones that can't be changed?

purplebin, 10/23/2016, 3:28 pm NST
I think I just figured it out by myself, by sorting the books by release. The boring books are distributed throughout the list, so it's all of them.

barbb79, 10/23/2016, 3:36 pm NST
I love the "yuck" feature on the Gourmet Foods! Priceless! Thank you for all your hard work!

contessa, 10/23/2016, 4:45 pm NST
You guys are the greatest!! Thank you so much for all that you do for us!

dave - JN Staff, 10/23/2016, 4:49 pm NST
@purplebin: TNT has said that switching languages to read a boring book is against the intentions of boring books... so we're not going to differentiate between old and new.

kimmsy2000, 10/23/2016, 5:15 pm NST
Love these. Can't wait to use them on my SDB.

o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8, 10/23/2016, 6:33 pm NST
I believe Wishlists should be called Lists now and if there was an easy way to import (from Closet, SDB, gallery) for our NC lists and if you do what purplebin said about all usernames and tradelists and if there's way to add a neomail link then you can be on par with DTI or give them a run for their money

crazybeans, 10/23/2016, 8:21 pm NST
I'm in awe :O

almost_human, 10/23/2016, 10:56 pm NST
You guys are awesome!!
I have always had concerns about pasting my source code. Can my account information be misused?

o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8, 10/24/2016, 12:32 am NST
@almost_human
The source of most pages you view is just for the display of where what you view goes like the navigation bar with the fancy drop-down menus, the time, the theme/colors and where images are placed, etc. There is no personal information except gender and age. It doesn't have your full birth name, physical address or e-mail address or phone number or Social Security (or Insurance for Canadians) Number or where you work or what you drive or who your parents are or other family members. It's just a What You See Is What You Get sort of thing.

crazybeans, 10/24/2016, 12:41 am NST
I tried out the improved Checklist Tool and was happy to know that my gourmet pet would eat everything he still needs. Goes to show that his tummy is a never ending wormhole though

My Hissi however turns out to be veryyy picky with what he reads apparently

I also love the TCG set addition and direct linking onto the site! Just two clicks away

I've yet to try the Price checker but it sure does sounds fun (:

cat, 10/24/2016, 1:29 am NST
With the NC trade finder, I don't suppose there could be some easy way to import our NC lists from dress to impress? I already have my lists there and am not relishing the idea of having to re-add everything one by one.

alessia, 10/24/2016, 1:50 am NST
The Price Checker Tool is FABULOUS!!!!!!!

There's still an option I would like to see and it's about the "View Wearable Preview". I would like to change the skin color when I try a wearable item so I can match my pet's color and not a random base one

kaiwolf, 10/24/2016, 1:50 am NST
I wish you guys were in charge of neopets. Your team puts in 5000 times more work for fans than the actual neopets team, lol.

crazybeans, 10/24/2016, 3:24 am NST
I agree with kaiwolf.

o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8, 10/24/2016, 3:46 am NST
A Neocash special search I'd like is current buyables in the Mall. A lot of the retired items still shows the price when it /was/ buyable. With the Price Checkers, when there are no-trade items it shows they are unpriced when it'll be nice to note they are no-trade rather than unpriced.

duckywucky - JN Staff, 10/24/2016, 3:56 am NST
@o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8

That price thing in retired NC items is actually something we are working on as well

mudy, 10/24/2016, 7:41 am NST
*whispers* Jellyneo doing a better job at Neopetting than Jumpstart

killy, 10/24/2016, 8:50 am NST
It's so ironic for me to realize that a fan site seems to be much more capable at managing the main site than the official team.

purplebin, 10/24/2016, 10:29 am NST
@alessia, you can try things on different pet colors in the Wardrobe.

drzoidberg, 10/24/2016, 11:35 am NST
WOW.

raconteur, 10/24/2016, 1:00 pm NST
So great, guys!!! Amazing work

jrayeb33, 10/24/2016, 2:26 pm NST
It's amazing!! I love love love love love the petpet matcher!!

kanadiansnowbunny - JN Staff, 10/24/2016, 5:11 pm NST
aww these users are swell!

dave - JN Staff, 10/24/2016, 5:36 pm NST
@o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8: I replaced "unpriced" for No Trade items so they're now marked as such in the price check tools. In terms of currently buyable Neocash items... Ducky said it!

@almost_human: To reiterate what o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8 said, we do not access any of your account information when you use the tool. In fact, the source code isn't even sent to our server. We do most of our processing in your browser, and then send off the items found to the server to look them up and print results.

@cat: We have no plans on creating an import from DTI tool, but we do have plans to create a tool for creating wishlists based on SDB source code, closet source code, NC album source code, etc.

@alessia: As purplebin said, that's what the Wardrobe itself is for (http://wardrobe.jellyneo.net/app/), but when we get around to revamping how previews work, we'd like to add that sort of functionality in.

dave - JN Staff, 10/24/2016, 5:36 pm NST
To the rest of you, thanks for the kind comments! Hearing that you guys find our updates useful is exactly why we enjoy doing them.

alessia, 10/25/2016, 2:25 am NST
I know the wardrobe can do it, but the direct link from the database brings to that preview page, plus the wardrobe is also not so immediate since you have to search for the page, select the pet and search for the item... To me the preview page is way more fast and useful when you're using the database and you need a quick look at something

sandy_puppy, 10/25/2016, 7:28 pm NST
Just donated $75 because gosh dang this checklist is freaking amazing!

...goodnight everybody! ^__^

josie, 10/25/2016, 8:56 pm NST
I love the item database Ever since you guys remodeled it some time ago I've been using it more than ever, and now it has improved even more. Thanks so much for everything you do

cloudfaerie, 10/27/2016, 5:25 pm NST
You guys are incredible. As far as site improvement goes, Jumpstaff might want to take a page out of your book

animajaneofan99, 10/27/2016, 7:47 pm NST
I was wondering, are you working on a way to rename a petpet in the Petpet Matcher? Like for example: I want my Zafara's dream Petpet a Juma named Jalila who's color is faerie. I hope I'm not being pushy here but I planned names for them in a writing document.

dave - JN Staff, 10/27/2016, 8:27 pm NST
@animajaneofan99: No, that's not something we have planned right now.

grog, 11/4/2016, 7:48 am NST
I found a way to get my entire SDB in the price checker!

Who knew my stash was so valuable!

scribbledclef, 11/27/2016, 5:38 am NST