Removing Neopet Ads: Opera
Here is a sample of what we're going to accomplish. On the left is Neopets with ads; on the right is Neopets after ad-blocking.
We will be using a combination of a configuration file and a custom style sheet to do all the necessary blocking.
- Exit Opera if it is running.
- On your desktop, open your Start menu and click Run. Paste the following and hit enter:
- You should see a text file window pop up. Replace the contents of the file with the following and save it:
- Open Notepad (or any text editor) and paste the following in there:
Save the file as neopetsadblock.css or something like that. Remember where you put the file. Open Opera, click on "Menu" in the top left corner. Then go to Settings -> Preferences. In the "Advanced" tab, click on "Content" and then on "Style Options." Click the "Choose" button, navigate to the file you saved and open it. Click OK to exit out of all menus.
- Restart your browser to make sure the changes take effect.
- (This step is optional.)
If you wish to keep the top banner (that space above your username, current NP, etc.) on every page, exit Opera, open the Start menu on your desktop, click Run, and go to the urlfilter.ini place mentioned in Step 2. Remove the line that says http://images.neopets.com/adslug-opa-l.png from the file and save. Open Opera again.
- Keep up with browser updates, as those contain important bug fixes. Enjoy ad-free browsing!
This article was written by: Terry & Illy