Neopian Museum: Sacrificers
Beginning on the 18th of August 2000 (Year 2), Sacrificers was the first real staff competition launched on the site. It lasted until November 10th, running through both the Virtupets plot and the Hunt for the Battledome plot. 13 staff members took part in the event.
The story focused around 13 Neopets staff members being captured by the island natives on Mystery Island. The cannibal coconut people sacrificed 12 of the staff members to their god, Mumbo Pango. The last remaining staff member would be set free and returned to Neopia, with a statue in their honour being constructed in the village. In order, the victims of Mumbo Pango were:
- Monster Boy, who was taken off shore to be killed by Mumbo Pango.
- Styrofoam Bob, who managed to escape his captors, only to be caught again by Mumbo Pango.
- Cookie, who fell off a cliff and lost her glasses before being found by Mumbo Pango.
- Zurvix, who had his flesh melted by some form of gas.
- Paper Dragon, who was burned at the stake by coconut men.
- Number Six (Adam), who was tied to a raft and thrown over a waterfall.
- Mr. Plaid, who was catapulted into the sun.
- Electric Blue Monkey, who fell into a swamp and was attacked by Mumbo Pango, disguised as a crocodile.
- Dr. Monroe, who was eaten alive by scorpions.
- Bye-Gon Jinx, who was impaled with a spear.
- Mr. Roboto, who foolishly challenged Mumbo Pango to a duel, only to have his armour hit by lightning.
- Tiger Catcher, who managed to escape the island on a hover scooter, only to be pursued and flattened by a giant coconut.
This left Pop Tart (Donna) as the only survivor, and therefore as the winner!
This plot allowed users to vote for their favourite staffer to survive. No trophies or plot specific awards were given out afterwards.
This article was written by: Herdy