Living vs. Dead, let the challenge begin!
Earn NP from playing games!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Help us model your pets!

Altador Cup XII

Altador Cup News and Updates

Scrappy Q & A
  • Posted on June 24, 2017, 3:37 pm NST

Scrappy has held an impromptu Q&A session on the Altador Cup neoboards this morning!

She primarily answered questions clarifying the standings, and other areas of the Cup:

The Standings have remained the same however the current final round brackets are updated daily to show results! Those are only Final Round results though and not indicative of the all around Final Results.
So yes can move up/down in the Final Round scores. That does not mean they will remain in that position in the Final Score.

Sorry, I cannot tell you guys the exact formula used because then you'd all know exactly who will win and its more fun to wait until the end :)

Thats so sweet I seriously love all of you guys! You're all awesome and everyones a winner in my book :)

The main page standings show the Bracket standings and will therefore change with your bracket but do not reflect the final score.

So the Final Round and Round Robin are weighted against each other. And no I cannot tell you the weights but they each play a part.

The only things I can tell you about the jumps in brackets is that they are determined based on the results so they will continually be updated. Anyone that does well will move up and vice versa. These are all fairly done, no one will get moved up if they don't deserve to.

Okay quick message for the flagged users. I have no say in who is flagged/unflagged so don't ask me to unflag you. Yes we are still going through some users but many who were flag were fairly done so. I'm sorry if it upsets you guys but we just want to keep AC fair for everyone.

YES every match matters!!

Also there's so many questions here I'm bound to miss some so please don't get mad if I don't answer!

So only the brackets will changes. The list of standings from the Round Robin will not change until the end.

So, no flagging users is not my role. I can tell you anyone that was caught cheating got flagged. I know that it's very frustrating but I really don't have much else to say.

Another shoutout to all those flagged users out there: There are still people getting unflagged so just hold out a little longer!

Also, people that are flagged will earn the rank of the time they were flagged. So they will be able to get prizes from the Prize Shop.

We will unflag people as soon as we can but things are crazy hectic so bare with us, folks.

No it is not just participation. Obviously, the wins/losses matter as well!

Yes the scoring is fair, guys!! Not allowing anyone to move up wouldn't be fair. Just gonna throw this out there, if you're winning then you probably don't have much to worry about so just do the best you can and win for your team because nothing will help more than that!

Fav Team: Roo Island
Fav Player: Scrappy, obviously.

In reply to the idea of a temporary warning 'penalty box' instead of flagging:

I like the penalty box idea...i'll bring it up to the team!!

Neomailing me or editorial will definitely get your ideas heard. So, either one of those is probably best!

I can listen to ideas for next year but no guarantees!!

Also you needed to make a team each round to get scores for the Staff Tournament. So that could be a reason you only got two.

She also eventually went off topic to answer a few other questions - such as the often referenced rules update:

So we are working on a full and complete rule book which we are going to get you guys as soon as we can so everything we be stated much more openly and clearly.

There was further hinting about the future of Keyquest:

@cinders_lair I literally just laughed that's so funny. I am working on some things I will have further answers to the future of Key Quest in a little bit. Just be a littleeee more patient please!

Again, possible changes to usernames were mentioned:

About the usernames getting implemented question, I have heard about this a couple of times so I can look into it to see if there's anything we can do but that's about the best I can give you right now.

About whether all editorial questions are seen, and if ideas can be sent in as NT articles:

Yes, all editorial questions get seen and taken into consideration even if I can't answer them!

Articles idea are ok (tentative okay), they should definitely be kept more positive than negative though.

And mentioning the possibility of more pet slots:

Just a heads up, the pet slot idea is well known! I love it too and will work on that!

And perhaps most importantly, Scrappy dropped the P word - PLOT. It's unclear if she is hinting at the same content that Country Queen previously mentioned as an event, or if it is a distinct project:

Yup there's a new plot coming...

When I say plot I mean plot. I can't give you details because I'm really not sure if I'm allowed and don't want to get in trouble but come on guys. What would a plot be if we couldn't fight off some bad guys?

I'd like to keep this as AC focused as we can but you know, I love a good spoiler or two so I had to throw that out there about the plot. :D

Also I want to give a shout out to all the kind words people are saying here! You guys are amazing

She signed off by saying she intends to do this sort of thing more often, as well!

Okay guys I feel like most of the AC related questions have been answered and we're getting a little off topic here.

I have LOVED talking to you guys and I promise I am going to try to do this wayyy more often for any and all questions you guys have.

However, at the moment I have a real life obligation (ugh hate those) so I gotta sign off in a few. So any final questions you have, ask now!

While it is certainly true that the majority of Scrappy's answers had previously been given through the editorial or other sources - this is a major step forward in terms of site communication. If Scrappy (or, indeed, other staff members) do more Q&As in the future, we'll keep you informed!
will, 06/24/2017, 3:45 pm NST
I was just talking about the need for this kind of interaction yesterday - this is wonderful! Here's hoping TNT will keep moving communication in this direction.

chibiaden14, 06/24/2017, 3:45 pm NST
Can you imagine Rico coming on there? I think he'd be ripped from head to toe with unhappy users. LOL But Scrappy was awesome in what she did today! Kudos to her!

josie, 06/24/2017, 3:51 pm NST
Too bad I didn't know about this session. I would've asked her if they could go back to letting us send scores on practice days again, like we did in the past years

ummy - JN Staff, 06/24/2017, 4:00 pm NST
^Many people did ask that.

rynneer, 06/24/2017, 4:09 pm NST
I hope we get something similar to the scale of TFR. That was my very first plot and everything else savors of anticlimax.

maxgarou, 06/24/2017, 6:28 pm NST
New Plot, YAAY!
Fight bad guys... I HATE Battledome
I guess I should train my main pet just in case.

inkpot, 06/24/2017, 9:48 pm NST
dude, this gets me so hyped.

good on scrappy for getting out there and doing this.

gamer_5_55_555, 06/24/2017, 10:36 pm NST
I enjoy whatever there is -- I think it's important not to expect too much. TOW was fun, but so were the smaller plots too

ducky - JN Staff, 06/24/2017, 10:37 pm NST
More pet slos shouldn't be difficult to do AND hope it's more than 1 extra slot :p

kentuckyfrychickenrl, 06/25/2017, 1:30 am NST
@rynneer - Exactly the same for me! I'm not expecting something that grand though (especially in terms of the art), but I'd be happy with something akin to the Spooky Food Eating Contest? Except bigger, since that was considered an event. Anyway, super excited about this and happy that Scrappy made this Q&A board! ^^

o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8, 06/25/2017, 1:44 am NST
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Scrappy's responses! it's like back in Viacom days where we used to get boards and convos with snarkie, viola and comastar and the occasional Neoboard post from others (though none are coming to mind ATM). I'm sure there are more staffers than just Country Queen and Scrappy

tabbysam, 06/25/2017, 6:41 am NST
Interesting. Plot hint and other things.

fenix, 06/25/2017, 7:36 am NST
I'm really liking Scrappy more and more. This kind of staff-user interaction is something I've not seen in years on Neo. I hope she'll continue to pop onto the boards every now and then with Q&A threads (I want to ask her about Bilge Dice and WCs), because it's a push in the right direction.

thecrazyoo, 06/25/2017, 8:32 am NST
Nothing was mentioned about the unfairly frozen accounts from last years AC though

minerra, 06/25/2017, 9:15 am NST
This is why I love Scrappy.

I actually messaged her thanking her and asking her why she did it (I was curious) last night and she said that it needed to be done. She really wanted to talk to the users. ^^

And she said she's definitely going to do this again.

kanadiansnowbunny - JN Staff, 06/25/2017, 9:50 am NST
PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT :d

rynneer, 06/25/2017, 10:30 am NST
Remember when Snarky used to do this stuff? I kinda miss her.

dustin, 06/25/2017, 10:32 am NST
I miss Snarkie too

And I realllly hope they bring KQ back eventually.

zeelink, 06/25/2017, 11:44 am NST
Plot confirmed and hints that we'll know more about Keyquest soon. Plus a great AC. I can't be happier with Scrappy and Jumpstaff right now. They did good this month.

bennyw, 06/25/2017, 3:29 pm NST
Yeah, more pipe dreams. KQ and a plot? The website might explode.

dave - JN Staff, 06/25/2017, 3:42 pm NST
KQ would be a wonderful mobile app. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they bring it back for mobile devices, since flash is on it's way out, and if Neopets didn't kill it when they did, then the passing of time surely would have...

shayyy, 06/25/2017, 5:32 pm NST
So glad TNT is interacting with users again.

bennyw, 06/25/2017, 5:44 pm NST
Ok, me and my 70 KQ tokens will be waiting for that app, Dave

1jediboy, 06/25/2017, 8:14 pm NST
*plays last game of Yooyuball* *sends score* DONE! *collapses to floor*

cat, 06/25/2017, 9:23 pm NST
This is awesome! New plot, new KQ, possibly replace event long flagging with a temporary penalty box next year and Scrappy actually talked to us! I wish I hadn't missed it but morning is not my time of day.

cat, 06/25/2017, 9:59 pm NST
Also more Neopet slots would be amazing!

tomatereloco, 06/26/2017, 12:09 am NST
OMG, PLOT. YES. PLEASE

rosi, 06/26/2017, 8:53 am NST
Sorry for the silly comment but I can't help but laugh at "bare with us" With this heatwave across Europe and North America I'd gladly follow her advice
The first part is so full of grammatical errors

rosi, 06/26/2017, 8:55 am NST
As for the extra pet slot, it has been requested for as long as I can remember. In fact there was a petition asking for it years before Premium was created (Viacom TNT acknowledged it was a 'hot topic' and thought well to make a profit out of a popular demand). I'd be glad if the fifth slot was made available as a long-time user perk, even if we had to pay one million neopoints for it (but I'm unsure if paying so much for a pet is rule-abiding ).

cat, 06/26/2017, 8:26 pm NST
@rosi - You wouldn't be paying 1 mil NP for a Neopet, you'd be paying it for a pet slot, there's a difference.