Earn NP from playing games!
Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!

Altador Cup XII

Altador Cup News and Updates

Altador Cup Live!
  • Posted on June 1, 2017, 4:03 am NST

After a delay of a few hours, the Altador Cup has once more entered live play! As a reminder, this year has changed the format so that you will for the first 17 days play each team once before continuing - placement will now be decided on win record and an unknown 'variable' factor.

In case you missed it, the Homes of the Altador Cup Heroes NC element is also now live:

View Our Guide »

So far, it seems like the rank requirements are the same as last year - suggesting that daily caps may also be unchanged. We'll update this post with the daily caps once they are confirmed.

UPDATE: Daily caps are confirmed to be the same as last year. They are:

Yooyuball: 46 Games
Slushie Slinger: 86 Games
Make Some Noise/Shootout Showdown: 401 Games

Special note this year: Last year, as part of TNT's effort to crack down on cheaters, several innocent accounts were also seemingly caught in the net. It is unclear exactly what caused this to happen, but none of the accounts involved have yet been returned. It seems likely that sending scores too quickly was a factor, so this year we advise that you refrain from playing if the site starts lagging, and avoid having the different games open in different tabs at the same time. Particularly if you happen to be on a team that an ASG or cheating group has joined.
lunaxporch, 06/1/2017, 7:34 am NST
Thank you for posting that note Herdy.

ladyamethyst, 06/1/2017, 7:38 am NST
I play all the time with games in multiple tabs, though usually one at a time. Not doing so for AC is really going to slow things down. Thanks, cheaters, for ruining innocent but fast gameplay for the rest of us.

tntxhatesme, 06/1/2017, 8:12 am NST
"Particularly if you happen to be on a team that an ASG or cheating group has joined."

What teams are those? Is brightvale safe?

mavegibson, 06/1/2017, 9:25 am NST
I guess this will be another year where I don't bother participating. Between the bugginess and this new drama, there's no real joy in it.

vincent7577, 06/1/2017, 10:27 am NST
What teams are those? Is brightvale safe?

yes. Brightvale is low in the standings so I wouldn't count on them being chock full of bad players.

Seems Roo Island and Kiko Lake are being shot up, not sure about Virtupets but Krawk Island is usually that good anyways so

crazybeans, 06/1/2017, 10:44 am NST
I agree with ladyamethyst. I usually play with the games on multiple tabs as well. It just made it easier to finish the games everyday.

I have to scour tv shows to help me get through this AC now. Not that it's a bad thing. I have so many to catch up on anyway.

spabl, 06/1/2017, 10:47 am NST
Sorry, really don't understand the whole cheater stuff. Playing Roo Island for the 12th time this year and now it is not safe to do so????

seven_dead_owls, 06/1/2017, 12:02 pm NST
I know for SOSD you can send one goal to count but send more, it doesn't take that much more time and sending scores of 1 or maxing out that way might be seen as cheating even though technically it's allowed

surferaj, 06/1/2017, 12:03 pm NST
And the AC cheating begins.....

ummy - JN Staff, 06/1/2017, 12:04 pm NST
@spabl you will generally be fine if you're just playing the AC as normal. The risk comes from the people who diehard play the AC many hours a day/maxing out multiple games because it seems their detection systems will pick up some false positives. It's understandable the system will have difficultly telling the difference between a bot and a superfan grinding the AC as fast as/as much as possible.

ummy - JN Staff, 06/1/2017, 12:06 pm NST
Especially if some of the bots are mimicking a human playing, which is safe to assume that it is happening. Else TNT would've squashed them easily long ago and none of this would be an issue.

ummy - JN Staff, 06/1/2017, 12:12 pm NST
There's no risk of getting iced sending scores of 1 in SOSD. People do it hundreds of times a day.

It honestly will not likely become an issue unless you're maxing like 3 to 4 games a day all at once in a short period of time on a suspect team. And lag could play an issue as well.

spabl, 06/1/2017, 12:21 pm NST
Thanks Ummy! That reasures me a bit! I never get much higher than level 10 if I do my very best so I should be ok!

rosi, 06/1/2017, 12:50 pm NST
It is possible to legitimately max out SOSD and YYB if you play 4 hours a day. This will grant you at least a double all-star rank by the end of the game. I've always done it in recent years.
What worries me is the "refrain from playing if the site starts lagging" part, as the site is laggy since 10 minutes into playing As I share this computer there's no way I can try a different time of the day.

cat, 06/1/2017, 2:39 pm NST
Right now I'm really not feeling motivated. Sigh, I want it to be E3 already.

pandora, 06/1/2017, 4:55 pm NST
Not to appear stupid but here I am appearing stupid. Can someone tell me what an "ASG or cheating group" has is? How will know if the team I have joined (YR 12 Krawk Island player) has these elements we are to look out for? Thanks for any help in understanding this.

mavegibson, 06/1/2017, 6:03 pm NST
TNT are just generally so incompetent at site management that they regularly freeze accounts of innocent people, often permanently, in order to deal with cheaters and botters. Think of it as "Using a sledgehammer to swat a mosquito on your arm." You'll get the skeeter, but you'll have a broken arm. I am a member of many sites, and play many games that attract cheaters, etc. and I've never seen anyone so crap at managing things. It's like they enjoy watching their members and paying customers nervously tiptoe around any new content or activity.

girlnextdoor, 06/1/2017, 6:10 pm NST
Good question Pandora, I don't understand exactly what it is either. I have been a Roo Islander since the beginning. I usually don't play in multiple windows, I will be extra careful this year.

girlnextdoor, 06/1/2017, 6:14 pm NST
Guess I don't have to worry about playing... none of the games are even loading for me.

ummy - JN Staff, 06/1/2017, 11:20 pm NST
^Do you use Chrome? It's probably a flash issue and you'll need to manually allow it.

pikachu315111, 06/2/2017, 7:09 am NST
Staff Tourney is up!

spacegoblim, 06/2/2017, 4:13 pm NST
Maybe this can help, but when the game start lagging just F5 the page or go to another game, at least is how I'm doing this.

purplebin, 06/2/2017, 4:26 pm NST
The only game that ever lags for me is Shootout Showdown, and that just has to be refreshed every 50 games or so. I play all the games in low quality, which seems to help a lot, and is the only way I can get Make Some Noise to work at all.

giantfan49, 06/2/2017, 9:27 pm NST
Well after one day of results it appears Roo Island is the team you want to stay off of. 16 in MSN when the next highest was 9 seems like cheating to me but I could be wrong

surferaj, 06/3/2017, 3:36 am NST
Beware: AC Rank Calculator Glitch - Sometime close to when AC Day 3 started, I was on Rank 9 and just about to hit Rank 10. That's when the AC page stopped adding my played Games towards my Rank; it's Glitched. I've played 20 YY and 15 SS so far today and the Games are not being counted towards my Rank. Others claims it working, but it not working for everyone.