Snowager alert!

Altador Cup VII
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup XV

Altador Cup Staff Tournament
  • Posted on June 8, 2020, 2:42 am NST

The Altador Cup TNT Staff Tournament is now live! The format is the same as previously, though there are a lot of new staff members to choose from. You'll have until the end of Thursday 11th to make your choices for the first round, with results announced on Saturday 13th.

This year's tournament will have rounds lasting less than a week, so make sure to check back regularly. Also, remember to select a star player by refreshing after you select a team, for a chance at an additional prize per round.

View Our TNT Staff Tournament Guide »
pikachu315111, 06/8/2020, 3:24 am NST
And here's a link to last year's guide: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=altadorcup14&id=staff_tournament

Though I'll save you even more trouble. Yes, DJ Skellington, Senor Malo, Kikocat, Scrappy, & Binary Supagoo are still choices.

(Even some of the top backups from last year are still here like Agog, DJ Sally, Kakarot, & Ehlo Froyo).

Of course no harm giving the newbies a chance... after one or two rounds.

pikachu315111, 06/8/2020, 3:34 am NST
BTW, don't forget to refresh the page to then pick the Staff Member you'll think will be the All-Star for that round!

bonju, 06/8/2020, 11:42 am NST
Oh not the star player thing again. At least the prizes for that don't do anything

chocolatjellopudding, 06/8/2020, 1:12 pm NST
When does JN staff tourney begin?

bearlvr, 06/8/2020, 1:36 pm NST
I was going to ask that also, @chocolatjellopudding. I was trying to figure it out from past years

1jediboy, 06/8/2020, 3:37 pm NST
I think Future Bonju might've done something nefarious! 😱
Remember Jellyneo: Endgame!?!?

dave - JN Staff, 06/8/2020, 4:52 pm NST
@chocolatjellopudding: We're not hosting a JN Staff Tournament for the Altador Cup this year. Instead, we're focusing on redesigning our main site here, updating some *very* rusty code, and preserving SWF content.

(And if anyone's mind wanders into the future, don't worry—we're still planning on running our annual Halloween Costume Contest 🎃 That, surprisingly, takes less resources than our AC tourney to run!)

dave - JN Staff, 06/8/2020, 4:55 pm NST
And stay tuned on the SWF content preservation space... we have some stuff that's close to release in the next few weeks that I'm pretty excited about.

bearlvr, 06/8/2020, 5:57 pm NST
@dave - JN Staff - sorry there won't be a Staff Tournament this year. Always a favorite for me. I had my spreadsheets ready. Love the site anyway. Always so helpful.

marfbear, 06/8/2020, 8:41 pm NST
Actually kinda relieved there's no JN Staff Tournament this year. I spend a ridiculous amount of time making my selections. (I do always enjoy it, though)

1jediboy, 06/9/2020, 12:03 am NST
Aww. I understand. I can't wait to see the new main page!!!

But... please tell me that you might use this as next tournament fuel! That thing at the end with future Bonju AND there being no tournament this year? Together they could be a really good creative spring-board!

Please use that! That's good writing!

mistyraider, 06/9/2020, 6:52 am NST
@dave Congrats on working on the archiving and getting rid of the rust.
I do spend an inordinate amount of time figuring our who's going to win the JN Staff AC contest, looking at stats and spread sheets for years back, but I will still miss it and look forward to next year when you're back.

bearlvr, 06/9/2020, 12:52 pm NST
I love that others take the JN Staff AC contest as a challenge like I do. I really enjoy working on it every year, probably more than playing the actual AC games

draakonikihv, 06/9/2020, 1:08 pm NST
I was really looking forward to the JN tournament, but it can't be helped. I'll just have to make due with admiring my previous prizes

chocolatjellopudding, 06/9/2020, 8:12 pm NST
@dave - JN Staff
Well bummer but you gotta do what you gotta do. Looking forward to the future of JN though! Guess I'll keep the pride of winning last year's tourney with lucy_bebop

chocolatjellopudding, 06/9/2020, 8:13 pm NST
Oh and I'm already super psyched for the Halloween contest. Gotta start planning!

contessa, 06/10/2020, 12:03 pm NST
Aww man, I will really miss the JN Staff Tournament this year. I too spend a great amount of time with my charts and spreadsheets, but as others have said, we know you have a lot going on updating the site and since we all depend on it so much, completely understandable.