The Advent Calendar is here for all of December!
Earn NP from playing games!
Help us model your pets!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Advent

Neopets: Dacardia Rezoned
  • Posted on May 19, 2020, 1:49 pm NST

Earlier today, beta invites went out to Neopians who previously signed up to test the new game, Neopets: Dacardia Rezoned. And now, thanks to our very own Ducky, we have some screenshots of what the game is looking like so far!

We were also able to confirm that to start, beta test invites were sent for Android device owners only. We do not know when iOS device owners will get invites. (Official testing on Android and iOS are done respectively through those platforms' app stores, so separate work is needed for each platform.)

Without further ado, here are some sneak peeks:

herdy - JN Staff, May 19, 2020 2:35 PM NST
The biggest question is really: Have they changed the Chia's face?

Changes from last year look nice though!
clockworkcrypt, May 19, 2020 3:02 PM NST
So it's.... neopets flavoured farmville?
_sissiy_sis_369, May 19, 2020 5:10 PM NST
Idk why people are comparing to farmville. Farmville was not like this. This it more like those city building games!
roxas_13, May 19, 2020 5:38 PM NST
the quests you go on are super fun tbh, im really enjoying playing the beta.
Is there any plan to put a page together of things discovered in the beta? if so i can get some screenshots for you guys if you need :3
tyuio_k50, May 19, 2020 5:46 PM NST
Just a note, in your previous post you said: "You should have received an email if you signed up for the beta" -- I signed up for beta w/ Android specified and didn't get an invite, so that's not the case.

Android appears to be one criteria, but merely signing up with that option doesn't get you invite.
tyuio_k50, May 19, 2020 5:47 PM NST
Curious how my response differed form others, though. I put in the "other games" field that I play Legends & Letter and Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, so I'm wondering if either of those caused a rejection somehow.
tyuio_k50, May 19, 2020 5:51 PM NST
**from others

I agree with the others though, would love to see more coverage/preview images on this. Also, your first preview image is broken/didn't upload
petitehirondelline, May 19, 2020 6:51 PM NST
Again guys, it's ado not adieu...
_sissiy_sis_369, May 19, 2020 7:18 PM NST
I put those games tyuio_k50! I also put dragon city, love nikki, memorial freese
snow_queen915, May 20, 2020 5:24 AM NST
I got invited to the beta! Definite Farmville/Animal Crossing vibes. Lots of collecting raw materials to make and build stuff.

I assume they probably invited a bunch of different types of mobile gamers? I'm an Android user and play Pokemon Go and HP Hogwarts Mystery, and I didn't think I'd get invited.
recklesse, May 20, 2020 5:56 AM NST
Again guys, it's ado not adieu...
---

Unless, of course, you really meant to say 'without further goodbyes'.
verdego, May 20, 2020 8:33 AM NST
Ok this is sort of a nitpick but "Dracarda Rezoned"? What a boring name for a game. Sounds like I'll be filing papers with the planning department and asking the city planning commission for permissions and other zoning related infrastructure.
mistyqee, May 20, 2020 9:04 AM NST
I can confirm that Skippi the chia's eyes have remained closed so far. She still has visible round eyelids so her face is still a little weird, but it's a definite improvement.
mavegibson, May 20, 2020 9:20 AM NST
@petitehirondelline Agreed. Among malapropisms Ado-Adieu is one of the less forgivable ones, considering that you are adding complexity and extra letters when the correct word - Ado - is simpler in this case.
1jediboy, May 20, 2020 11:40 AM NST
"Sounds like I'll be filing papers with the planning department and asking the city planning commission for permissions and other zoning related infrastructure."

That sounds AWESOME!!! Neopets NEEDS more education based games! This could become early construction worker education!!! 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩
ducky - JN Staff, May 20, 2020 12:36 PM NST
@tyuio_k50

Well I play ACPC and FEH (those two I mentioned I mean I have played L&L for prizes but not for a while since it does not interest me because I am not native English speaker) so... I assume they've just picked randomly different ages, different places and different amount of time spent in Neopets.
numb3r, May 20, 2020 7:38 PM NST
Does anyone know how much space this app takes? And if we can interact with friends there like on Animal Crossing?

It also looks pretty heavy and might consume too much data.
stepupfairy, May 23, 2020 11:44 AM NST
EEP! Got the email invite to the beta today, just about to download ^^
ferinsy, May 31, 2020 9:05 AM NST
Well... What credibility does this app have? THEY LITERALLY DISCONTINUED TWO OTHER APPS A FEW DAYS LATER... It's a hard pass for me