Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Create your own wishlists!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Neopets Mobile Site Approaches Beta Test
  • Posted on April 22, 2020, 2:29 pm NST

A newly visible, but restricted, Neoboard has shown up on the list of boards:

» Mobile-Friendly Beta Launch
This board is for Members that are testing our newly-redesigned mobile-friendly site.

This seems to indicate that the mobile-friendly version of Neopets.com is nearing a beta test!

Two weeks ago, we saw a few Flash-free games pop up as a Premium Beta Test—but were ultimately unavailable for testing at the time.

And one week ago, a small list of Neopians received an email about signing up for beta testing the new mobile site, which is likely what this Neoboard is for. (We're unsure of what the criteria was for being invited to the beta.)

The "Neopets.com mobile friendly site" is anticipated to simply be a redesign of the Neopets.com website and layout such that it is able to be accessed from mobile devices in a more elegant way than you can now. This means that the layout of Neopia will automagically fit your device's screen size (whether that's a phone, a tablet, or a laptop), and the site will be Flash-free.

Since Neopia is a pretty big place, we're anticipating the new mobile site will have a number of the most popular features of Neopia, with more added over time. (For example, more games added over time, more world maps, etc.)

Stay tuned to Jellyneo for more updates as they come—it feels close! Let us know in the comments what you're excited for with the upcoming redesign.
maknaetani, 04/22/2020, 2:35 pm NST

1jediboy, 04/22/2020, 2:48 pm NST
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

1jediboy, 04/22/2020, 3:18 pm NST
I'm hoping that even if we get flash-free versions of games we only have bronze or silver trophies in, that they can still be ranked up to gold if achieved instead of getting a whole new trophy placement. THAT might irk some OCD players. 😬

But I would absolutely ADORE playing Neopets games from my phone if I'm not at home! That way, even if I'm at the store, I can still earn NEOPOINTS!!!!! 🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

Here's hoping for a flash-free Altador Cup this year!

hihanemaisimo, 04/22/2020, 7:10 pm NST
how can one become a beta tester?

nefarity, 04/22/2020, 7:49 pm NST
I'll be happy if the Altador Cup games are HTML5, that way I won't have to hog the family computer

And I also hope customisation runs smoother; the new NC BG from the Negg Festival lags like crazy.

cat, 04/22/2020, 8:50 pm NST
Glad to hear that, I’ve been playing more on mobile and really miss the flash elements (especially customization).

flamezeai, 04/22/2020, 11:23 pm NST
Is neo down for anyone else?

solkort, 04/22/2020, 11:42 pm NST
yeah @flamezeai it was down for me but just for a few minutes

solkort, 04/22/2020, 11:43 pm NST
Let's hope we can see something about this mobile site soon!

katina_choovanski, 04/23/2020, 12:42 am NST
Would rather they fix issues with the site NOW. Neomail not opening properly.
Cogwheel pets.
8 million years to get into your closet.
Ya know-stuff like that.

o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8, 04/23/2020, 2:09 am NST
I wonder if the beta testing sign up during the Comic Con after party last year, was that just for Flash to HTML5 game testing or was it overall? was the Premium beta testing bubble or whatever at the bottom/toolbar, was it a mistake or are there separate Premium testers?

mistyraider, 04/23/2020, 2:49 am NST
As long as I can still play on my computer, this is fine. I prob won't ever play on a phone.

jawsch, 04/23/2020, 5:30 am NST
@o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8 //
I believe the Closed Beta Testing is for the mobile site itself as a whole.
The Premium stuff that showed up, I assume is a return to what used to be a Premium Perk. Game beta testing. (TNT did mention awhile back they wanted to add new premium perks)

purplebin, 04/23/2020, 7:10 am NST
@mistyraider, I won't ever play on a phone, either.
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

fenix, 04/23/2020, 8:16 am NST
So wait, this new site layout is gonna be on desktops too, or just mobile devices?
I'm wary, cause most mobile-friendly site layouts look awful on desktop. Designers often forget not everyone is a mobile turdlet when they access online.

dave - JN Staff, 04/23/2020, 9:14 am NST
@fenix: Neopets.com will be a website that continues to be everywhere, including desktops. It's just that now when you visit from a mobile device, you won't get a shrunken laptop sized experience. (And games will be available and world maps will work--since those would be converted away from Flash.)

adventurer262, 04/23/2020, 10:51 am NST
Im very excited for this. Im glad TNT has been working on it!

sarah0421, 04/23/2020, 5:59 pm NST
Glad this is happening for those that want to use mobile! I personally will not play from anything except for a desk/laptop but its nice to have that option.