Altador Cup VII
Help us model your pets!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Earn NP from playing games!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup XV

Half Price Items Alert!
Today is Half Price Day in all of the official Neopian Shops! Enjoy restocking items for half of their restock price until midnight NST tonight. [Close Alerts]
Faerie Quests Event Live
  • Posted on March 5, 2020, 1:05 pm NST

On March 5th at the stroke of midnight, 2020's Faerie Quest Event launched! From March 5th, until the 22nd of March you can claim a free Faerie Quest. There is an FAQ for the event.

This year, we're being enlisted by Fyora to help with the side effects from some illicit goods purchased by the faeries from the nefarious Mr. Krawley. (We suppose Faerieland has finally been sufficiently rebuilt!)

Along with Mr. Krawley's appearance in Faerieland, the faeries are also seeking new items to help with the problems they're having. If you're completing the quests this year, please see our guide to items requested below and let us know what we're missing:

New Bonus Requirements This Year: In order to receive the final bonus prize, you must complete the free faerie quest each day of the event, from March 5th through March 22nd. In prior years, simply visiting for your freebie item each day was sufficient, but it seems that this year you must also complete the quest. (No need to complete the extra Delina quests.) TNT has since clarified that this was simply a miscommunication. The bonus simply requires you to visit and receive your freebie item each day of the event, just as in prior years.

Did you receive a daily prize not yet listed on our guide? Let us know!

Additionally, Delina has new Crafting Quest rewards available! You can view the new Neocash prizes on our regular Faerie Quests guide.

Finally, Faerie Quest Cookies are on a half price sale in the NC Mall for the duration of the event!

chocolatjellopudding, March 5, 2020 1:10 PM NST
Yaaaaaas. And double yaaaaaas to half price FQCs
drzoidberg, March 5, 2020 1:45 PM NST
From the FAQ:
"9. Do I have to complete a quest every day?

Nope. You're given the option of completing a quest every day, but you don't have to; you will still get a gift for visiting the page each day, and there is an additional prize for completing the np quest each day of the event."

SO: does this mean there are two final prizes possible?
niddyz, March 5, 2020 4:26 PM NST
Also from the FAQ:
4. Can I cancel a quest once I am on it?

Yes, you can choose to abandon a quest at any time. However, if you decide to abandon a quest, you will not have the opportunity to replace it with another quest. You'll need to wait until the following day for another quest to be offered to you (and miss out on a final prize offered for helping out each day).

So, yes, it seems like you DO have to do a quest each day in order to earn a/the prize at the end.
pikachu315111, March 5, 2020 4:29 PM NST
Are you collecting all the dialogue? I'm finding the situations the Faeries have caught themselves in to be funny. Sadly didn't think to record mine today, it was the Light Faerie. She bought a "sunshine spray" that'll keep whoever uses it awake... and she's been awake for 3 days now and hallucinating; notably arguing with a Kougra that's actually a pile of rocks.
1jediboy, March 5, 2020 4:58 PM NST
@Pikachu315111 - "An Air Faerie swoops down... And then keeps swooping until she collides with a tree. "Ouch-ey! Louzy, wing trimmers. That devious creature sold them to me and they were supposed to help me fly faster. Now I can't stop properly. I need Dark Red Lipstick to undo the damage. Could you find it?"

The Air Faeries bought "Wing Clippers!" WING CLIPPERS!!! How does that make you fly faster!? Why would they fall for that!? I had to rub "Dark Red Lipstick" on her wings to undo the changes!

I have SUCH a theory about Mr. Krawley and his hypnotic persuasiveness/lack of aging. Maybe I'll implement it in the lore if I become part of TNT.
wonko042, March 5, 2020 5:08 PM NST
What is going on with the actual items they're requesting? This doesn't look like other years / regular quest items.
dave - JN Staff, March 5, 2020 5:16 PM NST
I think we've updated all the references to bonus prize qualification for this year's event--let us know if we missed any!
dave - JN Staff, March 5, 2020 5:17 PM NST
@wonko042: Mr. Krawley is interfering this year! The faeries are all requesting items to help them recover from his (maliciously) defective wares.
dillpickles, March 5, 2020 5:21 PM NST
Soup Faerie dialogue:
Quest start: "The Soup Faerie looks panicked as she pours more and more into her cauldron of soup, "How can a cauldron be this hungry?! Oh, my friend. This odd new cauldron keeps eating my soup before I can finish it. Could you find me Seaweed Salad, please?""
(I missed the don't have the item one)
Have the item: "Superb! That Seaweed Salad should appease even this Cauldron's bottomless stomach."
Quest complete: "Looks like the Cauldron is finally appeased. Thank you, my dear Neopian."
rodgerflint, March 5, 2020 6:08 PM NST
I completed the quest but all I got was "You completed a quest for" and a broken image :|
nefarity, March 5, 2020 6:22 PM NST
I hope with the glitch that they reconsider making us do the quest to get the final prize at the end. And the usual fun-suckers hoarding items to make them artificially scarce.
dillpickles, March 5, 2020 6:51 PM NST
@nefarity - Agreed. The fact that they sent it to a totally different item pool, with seemingly higher rarity items, makes it less enticing, especially with hoarders. Hopefully they'll switch things up as they notice inflation going through the roof?
dillpickles, March 5, 2020 6:52 PM NST
I mean, who wants to pay 50k+ for an air faerie quest? Movement is so useless as it is.
I appreciate that they tried to change things up, but I'm not sure this was the best way.
puffkins2000, March 5, 2020 8:08 PM NST
Wellllll, that sucks. I cancelled my Faerie Quest this morning. XP

I also don't think it's fair that we'd have to complete it just for the bonus prize at the end.
akaikane, March 5, 2020 10:02 PM NST
I decided to see if the Refresh Quest Request CC Perk would do anything because I got stuck with an Air Faerie asking for an 18k item. The extra quest I got...was the exact same thing. I completed the quest and didn't get an item. If this causes me to not get the bonus at the end of the event... I'm gonna be at least a little frustrated. Is this worth submitting a ticket for?
cheyennet2, March 5, 2020 11:57 PM NST
Definitely submit a ticket. How did you have the RQR perk, though? Didn't thieves win the faction battle last week?
ducky - JN Staff, March 6, 2020 12:13 AM NST
Yes. Rather nice if you don't get the bonus by refusing to buy 999 kinflated item for your quest
recklesse, March 6, 2020 2:57 AM NST
I'm not sure whether it's true that we have to complete the quests or whether TNT's got it's messages mixed up ... again.

I abandoned my LFQ this morning. Voidberry Potion at 990k just isn't worth it for a couple of levels.
logicalwhimsy, March 6, 2020 6:10 AM NST
Mr Krawley... really? Wasn't he more of an ambiguous character in the Tale of Woe than this? It's a bit... weird.

On a more serious note, is it normal for pre-existing Faerie Quests to be wiped when the Event starts? I had a Dark Faerie Quest pending whilst I was about to finish my Shoyru's Defence Training and now it's gone. (Or more precisely, it was gone before reappearing momentarily on the Quest page before disappearing when I refreshed.) I had bought the item too. -.-
recklesse, March 6, 2020 6:43 AM NST
Yes, it is normal for your pending faerie quest to disappear at the start of the event. Barring glitches, it should reappear when the event is over.
alltimemarr, March 6, 2020 7:11 AM NST
Wow. I have to buy a 999,999 item for an Air Faerie.

I guess it is bye bye bonus item.
logicalwhimsy, March 6, 2020 7:11 AM NST
Thank you! ^^

Hopefully it will be fine. That being said, the Quest page wasn't working on IE11 last night (the Receive a Faerie Quest Button did nothing) so hopefully that will revert back too. Quite a few things have stopped working properly on my IE11 of late (including Random Events) and I really don't want to have to make a permanent switch to Firefox right now. ^^;;
alltimemarr, March 6, 2020 7:13 AM NST
The item is Prickly Potion by the way.

Listed waaaaaay lower on the item DB. So guess this is much inflated due to new items too?? :/
chocolatjellopudding, March 6, 2020 8:02 AM NST
Gah, quit ruining events people. Suck the fun out of it by inflating everything
dave - JN Staff, March 6, 2020 8:38 AM NST
@logicalwhimsy: IE11 is a 7 year old piece of software, you shouldn't be using it anymore for your online safety's sake. If you prefer a non-Firefox and non-Chrome experience, I'd recommend switching over to Edge, which is the newest version of IE.
stepupfairy, March 6, 2020 8:58 AM NST
erm.....my first quest asked for an item that no one could find on SW, TP or Auctions

will that count against me??
ladyamethyst, March 6, 2020 9:16 AM NST
I see the vultures are quite timely. Voidberry Potion for 1m. How about no.
dave - JN Staff, March 6, 2020 10:06 AM NST
@stepupfairy: Apparently yes, if you do not complete the quest, you will not receive the bonus item at the end of the event.
hail, March 6, 2020 11:09 AM NST
I missed yesterday, why no 1.5 day 1. Sucks to be out from the start, though I see I'm not the only one, what with these 1mil item quests. BIG OOF
dave - JN Staff, March 6, 2020 12:01 PM NST
@hail: Since the event started at midnight, there was a full 24 hours for the first day, which they typically just don't do Day 1.5's for (those have traditionally only been for events that start midday, to give the first day at least 24 hours)
recklesse, March 6, 2020 12:14 PM NST
I've seen people being asked for Voidberry Potion by the Air Faerie, Light Faerie and Dark Faerie today.

I wonder if all the elemental faeries are sharing the same item pool, which is making a bad situation even worse.
faellie_ridiculous, March 6, 2020 1:14 PM NST
There has not been a 1.5 day for the first day of this event the past 2 years. At least it was 24 hours this year.

The new prize pool was a bit of a shock. I did get asked for a Brightvale Potion the first day and paid 40k for it. Now it is UB. Kind of gross, but what do you expect? I also got asked for a petpet that was not ever part of the pool before. Also a bit pricey.

I have a FQC in play so I'm getting 2 quests per day. Plus Delina twice. The NC items are really nice this year. Anyway, I hope that I can ride out the duration without being asked for anything too crazy.

And, if the bonus is something great it will be worth a lot of nps, I imagine, since quite a few people are not up to speed on how this event works. And a few opportunists are milking it. 1m for any quest item is ridiculous. Maybe you would do it for a FFQ if you want something difficult to obtain any other way.
topaz644, March 6, 2020 3:20 PM NST
Seems our OLD TNT didn't get around to telling new tnt about the Curse of Maraqua Plot and how supporters were gouged outrageously for quest items as soon as the item pool became known.

They need to reconsider completing the quests as a requirement for the final prize(s)
akaikane, March 6, 2020 3:35 PM NST
@cheyennet2

I had it left over from Charity Corner. I still haven't spent my points so I figured why not. But thanks for the advice--I'll send one in and see what happens!
topaz644, March 6, 2020 3:43 PM NST
@akaikane

I was going to buy the CC perk tomorrow too. I was wondering if it would work on Event quests though because this coding is different from random or cookie quests.

Any one got advice?
sketch, March 6, 2020 6:25 PM NST
Could it be possible to please not show the New Items Requested guide??
I'm very concerned that listing the items requested by each faerie for this event will just lead to mega inflation like Charity Corner did a few years back... We can already see crazy inflations like 2,567% and 6,107% on items that could ruin the event for neopians
claytonskitten, March 6, 2020 7:38 PM NST
Welp, this explains all the inflation. A step by step guide as to what all the faeries are seeking.
lokaula, March 6, 2020 7:59 PM NST
Air Faerie asked for a Gilded Crossbow, much faster to post here, lol
lokaula, March 6, 2020 8:30 PM NST
@topaz644 and faellie_ridiculous and all those fair and wonderful Neopets players, who understand what fun is all about...you are all right about how some other players are sadly taking the FUN out of everything by raising prices! I especially feel bad for newbies! I wish I would have read all of the posts, BEFORE listing the Gilded Crossbow! OUCH!
dave - JN Staff, March 6, 2020 9:35 PM NST
@sketch: Lists of these items are being put together in various other communities--hiding the information won't stop the demand and profiteering.

If you're not happy with this type of event where the final prize is locked behind your ability to purchase a specific set of items from other Neopians, I'd recommend writing to the Editorial to let TNT know. This could have been avoided by not changing the requirements this year to completing *all* daily quests. (Either keeping the old requirement to visit daily or only needing to complete a handful of quests during the event would have made this a non-issue.)
krissa, March 6, 2020 10:14 PM NST
Anyone know if the first day counts the 6th as well? Or nah? I literally go in Neopets everyday and just missed yesterday.... of all days of course ugh. So yeah if today is already the second day, I guess it's time to cry
josh_m, March 7, 2020 12:14 AM NST
The Space Faerie looks at the moon, worried. "Oh. I'm afraid there's been a bit of a mix up. That "Moon Polish" that I got; it's influencing the moon's gravitational pull. Think of the tides! You've got to find Ancient Shopping List Scroll before my Water Faerie sisters start to panic." I don't remember the last time I got a sf quest.
xxsinger, March 7, 2020 12:18 AM NST
At least the Fountain Faerie Quest isn’t expensive or items not UB.
recklesse, March 7, 2020 1:17 AM NST
After having to tell the Light Faerie to go get her own silly Voidberry Potion yesterday, I was overjoyed to get a nice doable Soup Faerie Quest today. 2 Levels and 2 Strength in exchange for a smoothie.

Looks like Vial of Fragrant Oil has effectively run out now. I'm sure Voidberry, Sroom Fruit etc. won't be far behind.
biediep, March 7, 2020 1:20 AM NST
Well, there goes my bonus.
The Dark Faerie wants a Sroom Fruit Potion.
Only 2 on TP, one is asking 2m?!
For the DARK faerie?! Fountain maybe, but come on.
sketch, March 7, 2020 7:04 AM NST
@dave: I am aware of that though JN does have a rather large influence on the neo community with a pretty big audience. It spreads the information much more easily than searching on the boards or other smaller communities and lots of people seeing this now know which of their items they should buy in bulk and artificially inflate. I'm not saying the inflation wouldn't happen anyway, I'm just thinking it might make it less intense. Though TNT definitely should have used lower rarity items considering the quests need to be completed this year. I just think we could try and get the most fun out of this event by preventing inflation as much as we can because from what I see people seem more furious about this event than anything
sketch, March 7, 2020 7:53 AM NST
I just saw a post from Herdy on the boards telling someone else that there's evidence from before resources like JN existed that proves that it doesn't make that much difference...so i guess it might or might not change anything but i mean, as users (cuz TNT didn't anticipate), there MUST be a way to do something and control the inflation or at least reduce it? What can we do in addition to writing to TNT?
recklesse, March 7, 2020 7:55 AM NST
there MUST be a way to do something and control the inflation
----

The best solution is to abandon overpriced quests.
Unfortunately the current wording of the FAQ makes some players reluctant to do that.

TNT needs to clarify the situation urgently. But they won't
roshchodesh, March 7, 2020 9:29 AM NST
Elixir of Happiness 990000K and going up
I don't wanna play
It's like trying to find a store with antibacterial sanitizer...
contessa, March 7, 2020 12:16 PM NST
got my daily quest today asking for Voidberry Potion, now at 999,000 NPs. I declined quest. No "final prize" for me. I could have afforded the NPs but it made me mad.

I sent in a ticket about this as well as an editorial post about the price gouging and the requirements for the final prize.

Thanks, you greedy opportunists for ruining the fun for the rest of us.

dragonsbane76, March 7, 2020 2:57 PM NST
i am having trouble finding Unguberry Elixir. I have tried searching the Marketplace. but haven't come across it yet. When I last check the Trading Post no one was trading it. Please help on where I can find this item!!
dragonsbane76, March 7, 2020 3:03 PM NST
Found Unguberry Elixir finally at one persons shop selling for 250000np. Not happy but spent the np to get it.
krissa, March 7, 2020 8:39 PM NST
Elixir of Happiness is 999 999 so looks like it doesn't matter that I skipped the first day because I can't do today's quest ugh
ducky - JN Staff, March 7, 2020 10:08 PM NST
@sketch

The items started to inflate before JN had guide up. It's what some people do. They stalk, they see boards how event is itemwise and act fast, knowing people are not prepaired and then hoard.

I'll abandone any expensive quest even if it would mean losing the end bonus. I firmly believe they change the requirements for it.

..or then I just miss it. Because I am not going to draw my bank empty for their poor planning.
waivank, March 8, 2020 11:41 AM NST
I think I cannot get the end bonus now, the voidberry potion is too expensive now. Sadly, like real life, people like to earn money in the time of crisis lol
topaz644, March 8, 2020 2:15 PM NST
People also need to remember that many of these inflated items stock regularly in Neo Shops. The 2 that now present the most problems are the Brightvale and Meridell potion shops.

The LD medicine shop did too but I and others have gotten so many of those (2) items in the last 2 days that they have deflated to 10k or so.

Prices fluctuate but don't forget to check the Neo shops.
topaz644, March 8, 2020 2:18 PM NST
Also when you are on a quest you cannot use SSW. Don't forget to ask a friend or on a board for someone to SSW something for you.

I, myself, paid 15k more for an item today just because I was in too much of a hurry to ask for ssw help
rosi, March 8, 2020 2:53 PM NST
And there it goes... A light faerie asking me for a R94 overly inflated item -____- Bye bye bonus "prize"
itaxerxes, March 8, 2020 4:54 PM NST
sroom fruit potion is available via the wishing well
1jediboy, March 8, 2020 6:12 PM NST
Yesterday, I was asked for a "Vial of Fragrant Oil"... I couldn't even find one sold in a shop AFTER I quit the quest...

*optimism ACTIVATE!!!*

Ducky's right! This will change in the end!
maxgarou, March 8, 2020 6:36 PM NST
So far I had been asked items I had on my SDB.
My luck ran out today, I was asked for an Elixir of Happiness, almost 1M for it!!! No thank you, I guess I'm not getting that final prize
dillpickles, March 9, 2020 11:12 AM NST
Quite a few of the items are wishable, actually. Not all of them, but a number of them are.
keyblade_warrior_10, March 9, 2020 7:29 PM NST
They updated the news today, the final prize is given simply for visiting, there was a pretty major wording issue on the FAQ.
lokaula, March 21, 2020 9:50 PM NST
I really wish that the prizes Delina crafts, could be chosen by us, instead of her deciding which craft she wants to make. If I'm spending money, I should be able to choose. And I wasn't aware of this before I purchased 2 items to give to her, but at least they are pretty enough to put in my gallery!