Snowager alert!

A searchable database of Neopets images
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!

Ducky
Kacheek Day Roundup
  • Posted by Ducky
  • Posted on January 30, 2020, 12:06 am NST

Kacheek Day gives Kacheeks a new colour:

Origami

Now your Kacheeks are beach-ready, which is now active:

remy, 01/30/2020, 12:56 am NST
I feel like they're kinda confusing Origami with Geometric at this point I wish they had more simple, large, flat folds to the designs in places like the ears, feet and tails, like actual origami. But I'm a fan of the vibrant orange colour, reminds me of a post-it note.

Shame about the hair strands left on its head too if it's completely made of paper.

ducky - JN Staff, 01/30/2020, 2:50 am NST
I did not even think of grids before you saying that.

They tried something different/unique for Origami Jubjub (ofc not here in commets, #justiceforjubjubs since there was no news post here ) and people bashed it so hard.

People want new and creative and when they try people scream OMG WHY THEY CANNOT KEEP TO WHAT IT HAS BEEN.

roshchodesh, 01/30/2020, 7:45 am NST
Oh my goodness, it is so not Origami! Delicate, understated art of paper folding? No... it looks like a bunch of cardboard boxes.
And the face? It puts a literal 'cheek' in Kacheek, and that's not a good thing.

azuresea, 01/30/2020, 8:50 am NST
Sigh. All my pets keep getting one color... is it really that hard to do more than one?

insane000illusions, 01/30/2020, 9:12 am NST
Dang it I was hoping for burlap.

I saved my premium perk for aisha day and was disappointed and thought "oh I'll wait for kacheek day"
And I'm disappointed again.

Now it's gonna be like June before there is another pet day that I care about

inkpot, 01/30/2020, 9:57 am NST
i mean, i really like it! and i love the stark orange color!

anyway, i'm completely fine with the way they look. i don't expect anyone on the staff to have extensive knowledge on origami nor do i expect them to hire anyone to make real folds of these pets to draw inspiration from.

1jediboy, 01/30/2020, 10:09 am NST
“ to me the the origami pets have always (more or less) resembled the type or origami that you blow into and inflate?”

💡 BALLOON! Balloon as a Neopet colour! Thanks for the inspiration, Inkpot!

HAPPY KACHEEK DAY TO MY BABY GIRL!!! 💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

Shout out to your own Kacheeks, everyone!!!!!

ducky - JN Staff, 01/30/2020, 10:52 am NST
Ewcheeks.

This origami is actually customisable.

Heh. I have real life cow called Origami.

mavegibson, 01/30/2020, 2:50 pm NST
This is not origami.

melinda_kacheek, 01/30/2020, 5:20 pm NST
He looks like he's made from Lego!

The dress set is nice though!

Happy Kacheek Day!

dark169, 02/2/2020, 3:58 am NST
This definitely looks more like low poly than origami.

They should totes add "Low Poly" as a color.