Altador Cup VII
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
A searchable database of Neopets images
Every editorial question answered just a search away!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup XV

Random Contest Mystery Capsule
  • Posted on November 29, 2019, 10:32 am NST

Today the winners of the Random Contest to design your own wearables have been announced with the release of the final capsule in the NC Mall!

The capsule, and all its contents, are the first on site items to be completely designed by users. The contents are:

The capsule also has the chance to award one of the following Limited Edition items:

First prize winners of this Random Contests received one of the capsules for free, but everyone else will need to pay for one. At present, it does not appear that non-gold winner have been awarded prizes.

insane000illusions, November 29, 2019 11:27 AM NST
Ok but those closed eye contacts are the creepiest thing I've seen since the button eyes.
loretta__mandy, November 29, 2019 12:52 PM NST
I love the poogle with the closed eyes
1jediboy, November 29, 2019 1:21 PM NST
WOW! This is what happens when the users come together! Everything in this mystery capsule looks brilliant! 🤩 Well done everyone! 👍

I hope they do something like this again!

Let’s show them Positive feedback!

EVERYONE! QUICK! BUY A MYSTERY CAPSULE!!!
SAY YOU WANT SOMETHING LIKE THIS AGAIN!!!
NOW’S OUR CHANCE!!! 🤩🤩🤩
inkpot, November 29, 2019 2:46 PM NST
i didn't even know this was a thing. i'd have loved to participate, lol.

the arcade fg looks cool. perfect for 8bit pets.
escrainus, November 29, 2019 2:50 PM NST
The market one looks cool... the fountain... looks really bad... I feel like the one who designed it had other idea on mind but TNT may not have understood it fully...
Eh nice for a first time, but the best design goes for the capsule.
darella, November 29, 2019 2:58 PM NST
omg the qasalan tunic is perfect, i love it!
kinda sad my nine-tails proposal didn't win but these are great, i'm very satisfied.
i had never participed in a random contest before and this was super fun, i hope they do more of them in the future
sketch, November 29, 2019 2:58 PM NST
Good idea but bad execution... Some of the art here really don't fit with the current style and aren't as nice as the original designs. Here's the Qasalan adventure tunic the creator posted http://www.neopets.com/~Orhoro
sketch, November 29, 2019 3:00 PM NST
And OMG QUIGGLES WITH THE CLOSED EYES!! THAT'S NOT HOW THEIR EYES WORK!
purplebin, November 29, 2019 3:26 PM NST
Yes, that IS how frog eyes work! They don't blink, they draw their eyes down into the roof of their mouth. It helps them to swallow.
purplebin, November 29, 2019 3:30 PM NST
If these were the winners of the Random Contest they should put up all the results! Or maybe they don't want us to see the original art...
bennyw, November 29, 2019 3:42 PM NST
Certainly interesting but the execution is just...
tycooncorb, November 29, 2019 4:55 PM NST
Grats to all the winners but all of these items are pretty awful...the Market one is usuable but the rest don't look great...I hope there's a better capsule for the month of December...
chrissy, November 29, 2019 4:56 PM NST
I might like blinking eyes better. The closed eyes makes our pets look like they're sleeping standing up. I like the design of the capsule itself best of all.
petitehirondelline, November 29, 2019 4:59 PM NST
^
Eizzil though?
forgottenbirthdays, November 29, 2019 5:10 PM NST
i had to go watch a frog blink in slomo thank you for that. frog eyes are crazy!
anomally, November 29, 2019 5:24 PM NST
The tunic is good, except the hood looks like it belongs on a raincoat with how shiny it is. Not sure they they made it so shiny.

I feel like these could have been better? I appreciate that the staff made these, but they feel like they were made very quickly in comparison to other items that they have and the art.
combustibles, November 29, 2019 5:37 PM NST
And here I thought people were gonna submit the finished item, not just concepts..

Jesus christ TNT's outsourced artists are really bad..
artemisaltori, November 29, 2019 5:48 PM NST
one day TNT will employ artists that aren't crap. and then i will buy NC again.

nowadays i just buy NC to get gbc to trade.

guess it saves me money *shrugs*
themeepit32, November 29, 2019 5:49 PM NST
I like the closed eyes for the Nimmos, reminds of unconverted nimmos
gigiamore, November 29, 2019 6:37 PM NST
artemisaltori - Same! I wish they would employ decent artists that had genuine artistic ability and not just a vanishing point graph overlay and MS paint level skills. I have bought very few new things. There is definitely one artist that's good though, as every so often we get a real gem.

Also, I hate Quiggles with a passion, but those contacts make them kinda bearable. Only if you imagine them as a whole new pet and not just some weird vivisection of two new animals that have eyes in completely different places With those contacts they just look like a mellow toad.
shayyy, November 29, 2019 7:36 PM NST
At first I wasn't too crazy about any of them. The thumbnails are awful but they're no worse than others when pets are actually wearing them.
1jediboy, November 29, 2019 8:25 PM NST
😧🤯 What...Really? ? Even if didn’t think these were awesome, I’d sill purchase as gifts for others!

If they aren’t purchased, then TNT won’t do this kind of event again!

PLEASE just buy them! It’s an ESSENTIAL precedent!!! Even if you don’t like them for yourself! Gift them! Please!

I find them praiseworthy for their interactivity! please consider doing the same!!!

This is the first step! It WILL get better! I swear! 🙏
anomally, November 29, 2019 8:42 PM NST
I'll still buy them. I want that backwards cap for my baby pteri and the market foreground and maybe the lunar fountain.
escrainus, November 29, 2019 10:51 PM NST
@1jediboy: while your good wishes are nice, let's be realistic: you can't promise anything because you aren't part of TNT and we know TNT, just see the lackluster 20th anniversary.
Also buying something just to give them support despite it doesn't meets expectations.... nah, like they had plenty of time to end giving this set of items and lack of a proper announcement, like just a meh paragraph in the news, I agree they should've shown the submission
mistyraider, November 30, 2019 7:09 AM NST
I really like the lagoon scarf. Would be great if it could also be worn by my maraquan pets. The Qasalam tunic is a great concept -- love the original art. Not too fond of how it's so flat against the top of some pets' heads but that's on JSNT's execution.
@1jediboy -- by all means buy these if you like them. But I wouldn't want to send the message that this kind of lackluster execution from some probably good (maybe great) art is acceptable.
themeepit32, November 30, 2019 7:14 AM NST
the fountain looks like an MS paint drawing, not something professional
inkpot, November 30, 2019 12:19 PM NST
i mean we clearly have at least one decent artist on the team if the art for the capsule is anything to go by.

the chocolate dress was pretty on point as well as the tunic (save for the tight-fitting hood as opposed to a loose hood... idk why the artists hate drawing loose fitting hoods... we have so many tight-fitting hoods that look as if someone pulled the strings too tight).

the marketplace is cute without even seeing the original as is the arcade, scarf and baby hat.

the faerie statues is also really close to the original image submitted.... only thing that bothers me is why didn't they flip the statues to mirror each other.