A searchable database of Neopets images
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Create your own wishlists!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Charity Corner

Several Dailies No Longer Working
  • Posted on November 22, 2019, 6:31 am NST

Update: The issue appears to have been fixed. You can now remove the exception from your adblocks and continue to use site features normally.

Today, several dailies including Grave Danger and the Battledome are suddenly not working for many users. This is due to some new advert scripts now deployed on Neopets.

If you have an adblocker on your browser, you will need to allow scripts from powerad.ai. After doing so, all features on the site should begin working normally for you again.

mommy_belinda, November 22, 2019 6:50 AM NST
I use AdBlocker extension on Chrome, how do I add it for it to allow the script from powerad.ai?? Right now I have just been turning it on and off. LOL!
auraichadora, November 22, 2019 7:11 AM NST
I allowed for this same one when it came up on ScriptSafe last night, but it's still being an issue. Trying to figure out how to allow for it with AdBlock, but I can't figure it out. Rather frustrated. x.x
apophis324, November 22, 2019 7:21 AM NST
Ahh, so that's why the Games Room got all coded up for me when I checked earlier today. How weird.. You can't run Neopets without adBlocker though, you get pelted to death and the site starts lagging..
auraichadora, November 22, 2019 7:39 AM NST
I've whitelisted this on both Adblock and ScriptSafe. I've restarted my browser, restarted my computer as well. Cleared the cache. Tried just disabling them in general as well. NOTHING has changed. This is annoying as all get out...
k_tracy22, November 22, 2019 7:54 AM NST
Any tips on how to do this with uBlock Origin? :|
dr_tomoe, November 22, 2019 8:31 AM NST
Well that's a pain in the butt. The site's practically unplayable with ads.
faellie_ridiculous, November 22, 2019 8:33 AM NST
I use a Chromebook. Have AdBlock. Neo Premium member. Could not load Fruit Machine or Grave Danger this morning. Some people had trouble with the battledome, but I did not. Everything appears to be fine now. I did not do anything. Just waited a couple of hours.
josie, November 22, 2019 9:06 AM NST
I'm not sure how to add this with Chrome either. I tried with both the AdBlock settings, as well as with the Chrome settings, and it doesn't seem to work, or maybe I'm putting it into the wrong field.
mavegibson, November 22, 2019 9:31 AM NST
Guess no more BD for me for now, until/unless they fix this.
xfer, November 22, 2019 9:39 AM NST
Could anyone give a little tutorial on how to do it with adblock plus? I see nowhere to do or add this thing. And I am sure tons of other people are also wondering how to get this fix implemented.
saudor, November 22, 2019 9:54 AM NST
@@||powerad.ai/script$script,domain=www.neopets.com

add that into the whitelist. It's not perfect but will get the page loading
saudor, November 22, 2019 10:00 AM NST
Ublock users:click the icon in your browser toolbar. Click the last icon (open dashboard), Click on 'my filters" tab. Paste in the code i posted above.

Adblock Plus users: Click on the icon. Click the gear icon top right. Click ADVANCED. Scroll down to "Your custom filters" Then paste in the code. And click +ADD
xfer, November 22, 2019 10:02 AM NST
Thanks saudor, but including AND excluding the @@'s the line doesn't seem to be added in the list of whitelisted sites. Maybe this has something to do with mine being adblock plus and not adblock? Argh, I'm on a faerie quest and can't turn in my item
xfer, November 22, 2019 10:15 AM NST
Ahhh sorry, I was slow. IT WORKED!! Thank you saudor!!!!
jaudaran, November 22, 2019 10:33 AM NST
This also appears to be preventing random events from loading. I keep getting "Something is happening..." and nothing is happening. I haven't tried the fix yet, but hopefully it takes care of that too.
chibiaden14, November 22, 2019 10:48 AM NST
Yeah.. I've only got regular AdBlock. How do I add this thing in so I can use Neopets again?
apophis324, November 22, 2019 10:49 AM NST
@Saudor For some reason I can't click the +Add button.. It's.. just a rectangle without a function for me..
apophis324, November 22, 2019 10:51 AM NST
Ah, never mind. It suddenly decided to work..
chibiaden14, November 22, 2019 10:56 AM NST
Same here, thank goodness. I do NOT want to deal with ads. x.x
themeepit32, November 22, 2019 12:15 PM NST
Neopets is virtually unplayable with ads on, like bruh let us block adds
loretta__mandy, November 22, 2019 12:20 PM NST
it says there are several, but it only says grave danger and battledome what are the other 5?
adventurer262, November 22, 2019 12:32 PM NST
I wondered why the battledome wasnt working.. Ill try whitelisting the script sometime!
ailsac, November 22, 2019 12:35 PM NST
Tks, saudor
mavegibson, November 22, 2019 12:53 PM NST
UPDATE: Just to let everyone know, the features are working again, without any intervention on my part. No need to go whitelisting evil ad scripts.

contessa, November 22, 2019 10:25 PM NST
Everything has been woring fine for the last two hours but now for the past 15 mins every single page I try goes to this error: 504 page not found. Guess I'll call it a night and hope it works better tomorrow
combustibles, November 23, 2019 6:03 AM NST
why do they keep breaking the site.. christ..
themeepit32, November 23, 2019 8:12 AM NST
Jumpstart is incompetent
theartofscreaming, November 23, 2019 9:01 AM NST
Hey, this is unrelated to the add issue, but has anyone else had trouble with the pound today? I went there several times yesterday and it worked fine, but today I just get a page that never loads. I tried it in Chrome and Firefox and it doesn't want to work in either of them. Is it just me or is it the site?
indigo, November 23, 2019 10:12 AM NST
theartofscreaming, the "adopt" page isn't loading for me either. I'm using Chrome.
theartofscreaming, November 23, 2019 1:41 PM NST
@indigo Huh, that's weird! Chrome is my main browser too, I guess it's not just me. I wonder what malfunctioned.
dr_tomoe, November 23, 2019 1:56 PM NST
According to the staff board, JS is trying to do things to force people to see ads and stop adblocks.
1jediboy, November 23, 2019 3:33 PM NST
Ads keep the site free! I’d be fine with ads as long as they’re stagnant and not videos. Video ads interfere with moving parts already existing on the screen like games or map animations.

I’d also be more than grateful if they gave us a voluntary ad program where we can choose to watch ads for rewards like the old advert wheel game.

Or better yet, bring back the immersive advertising we used to have! I liked those events like the Capri Sun Disrespectoids or Planet 51!
themeepit32, November 23, 2019 4:26 PM NST
they just need to to flood the game with so many ads it lags
themeepit32, November 24, 2019 4:51 AM NST
Hey
is the games room not working for anyone else?
contessa, November 24, 2019 11:35 AM NST
jediboy I remember all of those old ad events too, they were fun
1jediboy, November 24, 2019 1:24 PM NST
@contessa - 💔 Remember the Nickelodeon Wheel of Slime? 💚 Six Flags? 💛

Why can’t they do that stuff now? It’s efficient, frugal AND fun!
jweb, November 24, 2019 1:34 PM NST
Remeber BTR Crowd Patrol
1jediboy, November 24, 2019 2:04 PM NST
contessa, November 24, 2019 6:14 PM NST
Yes I remember those! I just looked and I still have some books from the Six Flags thing in my SDB (I am such a packrat)
dr_tomoe, November 24, 2019 11:31 PM NST
I would love a return of sponsor games like that.
1jediboy, November 25, 2019 1:05 PM NST
LET’S TELL TNT!!!!!
synonymgirl, November 25, 2019 1:19 PM NST
If you whitelisted powerad.ai I would highly recommend that you reverse the whitelisting. I can find nothing good about it.
themeepit32, November 26, 2019 9:11 AM NST
Jumpstart: Let's make so the people HAVE to lag like dial up!