Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Earn NP from playing games!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Charity Corner

Legends and Letters Crossover Week Returns
  • Posted on November 18, 2019, 5:50 am NST

The second Crossover Week has begun in Legends and Letters! That means that for this week, rewards will also be available on Neopets.com. This appears to confirm that Crossover Week will be working on a fixed rotation of every 4 weeks in the game, meaning the next one should be due on the week beginning the 16th of December.

All prizes remain the same as last time, including the fact that the avatar and two trophies will be awarded after the week concludes. All prizes remain no trade.

Note: This week no new Monster Battle has so far started, meaning Challenge of Challenges quests that require you to defeat or damage them cannot be completed. You can attempt to refresh these quests once per day to try and get a different quest.

On a related note, you may have noticed since Thursday some extreme lag preventing you from properly playing Legends and Letters. Although this typically only starts late morning NST, on Saturday it appears to have reset the progress of many players and prevented them logging in -- you can tell if this has happened to you because your Legends and Letters username will no longer be being displayed in relevant locations (like leaderboards or friends lists). Instead, the default 'Neopian-########' (where # is a string of numbers) will appear. If this has happened to you, we advise you submit a ticket.

sketch, November 18, 2019 6:17 AM NST
I can't even get past the loading screen
bennyw, November 18, 2019 6:48 AM NST
The app hasn't loaded for me since Saturday. This would be amusing if this app didn't have in-app purchasing options. Sad for the people that spent money on this for it not to work.
protovolve, November 18, 2019 6:55 AM NST
@sketch

Same here Been like this since yesterday morning for me
unvile, November 18, 2019 8:37 AM NST
So I assume we won't be getting duplicates then?? Cause if so I'll be pissed
tycooncorb, November 18, 2019 10:10 AM NST
I couldn't play at all that day and then lost my log in bonus...I was almost at the 30 days...
yasmin_sb, November 18, 2019 11:39 AM NST
I'm in the same boat as you guys, I haven't got past the loading screen for 3 days now. And before that all my achievements disappeared. I've tried reinstalling the app twice but that made no difference. At this point I've just given up with L&L.
rodgerflint, November 18, 2019 2:36 PM NST
Wish account linking *worked*...
ailsac, November 18, 2019 4:19 PM NST
I'll play if L&L allow it, but like the others I just can't even get past the loading screen
bennyw, November 18, 2019 6:20 PM NST
tbh I'm embarrassed on behalf of JS. They promote the event in the news but have not addressed the issue where a number of people cannot play and therefore cannot fill their coffers. What a business.
ducky - JN Staff, November 18, 2019 9:34 PM NST
There shouldn't be any account linking issues anymore should there?

What version of the game you guys have? (and system). I have nad no troubles running a game, sometimes it freezes tho.
bennyw, November 19, 2019 2:48 AM NST
Bottom says 1.11.0

It's not account linking. The game just won't load at all.
sky15919, November 19, 2019 3:02 AM NST
Regarding the login bonus, I thought Day 29 & 30 give the Legendary Chests since it shows those chest images. However I got 10000 coins/gold on Day 29 and a Light Trooper Material (Rare, 3 stars max level) on day 30. It's kinda misleading
ailsac, November 19, 2019 5:41 AM NST
Same version here: 1.11.0
jannykay, November 19, 2019 7:28 AM NST
same here. game won't load. I tried un-installing and re-installing because that worked for me in the past. not this time. I'm over it. I don't need this kind of frustration in my life.
shakespeareofborg, November 20, 2019 5:41 AM NST
Duplicate items already
shakespeareofborg, November 20, 2019 7:32 AM NST
I'm going to have an SDB full of Magmavipor Action Figures soon!
ducky - JN Staff, November 20, 2019 10:49 AM NST
..I wonder if it's something to do with os. Really strange - have you guys been sending any tickets?
bennyw, November 20, 2019 10:55 AM NST
I use an Android device. I received a reply via email and Twitter (they're "looking into it". It's now been 5 days.
krasavitsa, November 20, 2019 12:30 PM NST
I Wish they'd change their minds about making these items tradeable. I'm tired of this glitchy app. I've lost my 30 day log in bonus, I can't play at all. Even when the game is reacting "normally", it's still glitchy & takes several tries to get pass the loading screen. I just want to buy the items I want & be done.
ailsac, November 22, 2019 12:36 PM NST
Nothing new about it ?
escrainus, November 26, 2019 11:30 AM NST
Last day my app glitched and missed the last challenge that was already half done, not touching that game again in a looong time