The Advent Calendar is here for all of December!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Help us model your pets!
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Advent

Ducky
Vandagyre Day Roundup
  • Posted by Ducky
  • Posted on November 12, 2019, 5:26 am NST

Let's celebrate Vandagyre day with two new dazzling colours:

Electric | Starry
ducky - JN Staff, 11/12/2019, 5:26 am NST
It's not like...lazy to pick two with same basecolour....

auraichadora, 11/12/2019, 5:46 am NST
... I might be tempted to recolor my Vanda Electric, but definitely not Starry. Lowkey wishing for Starry, they would've just placed one big star on the tummy, changed the eye color, and then called it a day. But I'm a simple person, I think stars on tummies can be cute.

sbjorklund, 11/12/2019, 5:56 am NST
I agree! Same base color ? Ugh

azuresea, 11/12/2019, 6:16 am NST
Hmm... I mean... TNT could just release colors for Vandas on random days just to catch up to where the other neopets are at. Then, they could actually do some of the newer colors. Sigh.

gotchi, 11/12/2019, 6:35 am NST
zzz

ducky - JN Staff, 11/12/2019, 6:56 am NST
Well Vandas got do have stealthy and robot which are more complex but... yeah. Catching up would be nice.

jaudaran, 11/12/2019, 7:33 am NST
Is there any chance they might surprise us later in the day with a third color? I don't know if it's possible, and it's probably expecting too much of this team, but it would be kind of clever to let us find these two, and then spring a third, more exciting one on us later. It would be a good reason to have made two easier, very similar ones, too, to get a third one out. Doubt it, though.

Anyway, I kind of like starry. I love the yellow eyes and beak. I find electric a pretty boring color anyway, so no real opinion on it (it's probably a nice color for people doing a lot of customization, though).

biediep, 11/12/2019, 7:57 am NST
Well, definitely not repainting my Vanda this year :'3 Eww.

jawsch, 11/12/2019, 8:04 am NST
Really sad that Vandas have been so vastly ignored And without a complex or new / interesting color.

sketch, 11/12/2019, 9:19 am NST
I'm still bummed about how they didn't release any colours on Halloween when lutaris have been waiting so long for their halloween colour! I would've thought they'd at least release the Halloween Vanda this year considering

1jediboy, 11/12/2019, 9:32 am NST
BEAUTIFUL!!! These colours are both simplistic AND well-designed! They’re BOTH awesome!!! 👏😄 Happy Vandagyre Day! *kisses fluffy cheek of daughter Kiki*

(Seriously, we should be acknowledging our own Neopets when a species post comes up! It’s not about us unless it’s our own species! It’s about them! ❤️)

ducky - JN Staff, 11/12/2019, 10:14 am NST
I have stealthy vandagyre and I love her but not repainting to these My life may seem like gnorbus but nah, I have others as well

nobody, 11/12/2019, 10:15 am NST
Make your pick! Blue with teal, or blue with gold!

mavegibson, 11/12/2019, 11:24 am NST
What the heck? The Vandagyre, being the newest species, has the FEWEST paint brush options and they opt for this garbage?

Hopping mad. I was really hoping for something like Desert or Pirate.

purplebin, 11/12/2019, 12:46 pm NST
New outfit is Vandagyre Rock Star!
Vandagyre Rock Star Top
Vandagyre Rock Star Shades
Vandagyre Rock Star Guitar
Vandagyre Rock Star Pants
Vandagyre Rock Star Shoes
Vandagyre Rock Star Wig

purplebin, 11/12/2019, 12:52 pm NST
Ah, I should have checked the item database first... They were already added!

candyplague, 11/12/2019, 1:11 pm NST
i do think it was a bit weird to go with two colors that are basically just. blue with something else. esp when there are SO many colors vandagyres don't have yet. but at the same time i think these are nice versions of their brushes! esp the starry. im a big fan of starry as a Nostalgia Color and i think this one looks rly cute!

adventurer262, 11/12/2019, 1:27 pm NST
I think the new colors for the vandagyre look cute! I love seeing classic colors on neopets

thepapercutjellyfish, 11/12/2019, 2:38 pm NST
I actually REALLY love these designs!!

purplebin, 11/12/2019, 2:56 pm NST
Aaaaaand... the wig does not show up in customization. Probably the rest of the outfit doesn't, either. I've sent a ticket.

mamsmelk_jr, 11/12/2019, 3:18 pm NST
Really like the Electric one, but I enjoy my Hedwig vanda to much to recolor it

inkpot, 11/12/2019, 3:29 pm NST
i personally love starry pets (though often a nightmare to customize). i do agree that it'd have been cute if the placement of the star on its chest were centered though.

auraichadora, 11/12/2019, 4:17 pm NST
I like the upcoming clothing set! Going to need to get one full set for my Vanda gallery, and bits that I like for my Vanda girl. She can be a total rock star!

topaz644, 11/12/2019, 4:28 pm NST
A starry brush was my first big purchase, way back when. I loved it then, but not so much any more, because it's always so in your face. That makes me sad.

This new Starry Vanda makes me smile. I like that it doesn't have stars stuck all over, and I really like the off center belly star. Keeps it much more subdued.

The same can be said for the Electric I suppose!

purplebin, 11/12/2019, 4:55 pm NST
The Rock Star Wig is now working in customization, and I have to assume the rest is, too.

wlo68, 11/12/2019, 8:22 pm NST
Don't worry guys, they're not the same shade of blue! Electric is slightly bluer than starry!

purplebin, 11/13/2019, 8:20 am NST
And now the guitar covers the Vandagyre's right hand! Another ticket has been sent.

mavegibson, 11/13/2019, 10:06 am NST
OK that wig is EVERYTHING. Somewhat dampens my annoyance at the PB colors. Somewhat.

alex, 11/13/2019, 2:11 pm NST
The nice thing about the Vandagyre having fewer colors is that it makes it more likely you'll get the one you want when zapping.

kreyrie, 11/15/2019, 11:04 am NST
I- I was hoping for Burlap but these are... Actually pretty boring.

1mimi290, 11/16/2019, 6:24 pm NST