Altador Cup VII
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup XV

Pteri Day Roundup
  • Posted on November 8, 2019, 10:25 am NST

Two new colours are now active for Pteri Day!

Toy | Tyrannian

A new set of wearables are also now active:

themeepit32, November 8, 2019 10:35 AM NST
hmm wonder what the cog means? is it some ancient gear?
bsc9999, November 8, 2019 10:48 AM NST
"(currently a cog)" was very funny to my sleep-deprived brain for some reason
cheyennet2, November 8, 2019 10:58 AM NST
Which other Tyrannian pets currently have Tyrannian paint brush options?
ducky - JN Staff, November 8, 2019 11:57 AM NST
Tonu and grarrl... what else is there? chomby ofc
insane000illusions, November 8, 2019 12:38 PM NST
Look at dat fluffy birb
remy, November 8, 2019 2:08 PM NST
That's just furry Pteri. They literally had the best opportunity to make a Pteri-dactyl and fudged it up. BIRD DON'T HAVE FUR! The bar for Tyrannian isn't just "fur" you actually have to use your imagination and implement some artistic liberties with prehistoric attributes - you don't just slap "fur" on it because "caveman", I miss the old TNT man. These fools are about as creative as my desk lamp.
mavegibson, November 8, 2019 2:12 PM NST
Aww, I was kind of hoping they'd make a pterodactyl with the pteri. Disappointing. A real lost opportunity.
mavegibson, November 8, 2019 2:13 PM NST
@remy LOL Perfect - a pteri-dactyl. Hilarious.
jaudaran, November 8, 2019 2:22 PM NST
I'm torn on the pteri--it's very silly and vaguely Seussian and I kind of love it. I do read it more as shaggy feathers than fur, but it's sort of ambiguous. I think the biggest problem is the shading/highlights between the eyes, which do look more like fur, and end up making the tuft on the top look more furry than feathery, too. I'm totally digging the feet/leg feathers, though.
jaudaran, November 8, 2019 2:23 PM NST
**on the Tyrannian pteri

obviously they're both pteris, oops
bennyw, November 8, 2019 2:27 PM NST
That thermometer interesting set of clothing
butterflyvj, November 8, 2019 2:33 PM NST
The Tyrannian looks really cool as far a Tyrannian paint colors go. The fur/feathers are fluffy and the color scheme looks very prehistoric. The talons are a nice touch. Although I do agree, they missed their mark with Pteri-dactyl. I always thought they would do that for a Tyrannian Pteri. I guess my expectations were set long ago though...
1jediboy, November 8, 2019 2:36 PM NST
FINALLY! A Tyrannian Pteri!

I like how Toy looks! Very vintage! 😄👌
themeepit32, November 8, 2019 2:56 PM NST
I feel like they also could have gone with a Microrator and given it a 2nd set of wings
remy, November 8, 2019 3:03 PM NST
If they were only going to leave it at "furry", at the very least they could have given it a bone-nose-ring paint brush wearable or something to show they gave a biscuit.

I know they get anxious touching anything OG-TNT colours because Candy, Toy and Marble are so much easier to drop without fear of lore messing with it, even though they never make any new lore characters in those colours. But respect the legacy, Jesus. If you are going to make the leap to add to that roster, do it right, make some effort. Furry works for mammal-like neopets. The OG-TNT did their homework before designing things.
inkpot, November 8, 2019 5:26 PM NST
i like the tyrannian pteri. ^^

tnt has done much worse in the past. tyrannian korbat literally WAS a pterodactyl and then for some reason they axed the idea and made it a caveman(?). there are tons of colors old!tnt dropped the ball on too; they by far were not perfect either (and were probably paid a lot more anyway, lol). a quick other one that comes to mind is the chocolate korbat (poor korbats).

i think a sharp spiky tail would have been cool though for this tyrannian tho, to bring in more of the colors from it's talons and probably as someone might have mentioned a longer beak. but i like the colors and the spotted chest.
inkpot, November 8, 2019 5:30 PM NST
also i love the clothing set but wear are the band-aids placed i wonder? under the gown?
mortychichi, November 8, 2019 7:24 PM NST
It's just me but I think the clothes are a bit inappropriate lol, seems a bit disrespectful towards actually injured/hospitalized people?
purplebin, November 8, 2019 7:47 PM NST
The image in the News doesn't show the band-aids. They have left items off the model before.
inkpot, November 8, 2019 11:20 PM NST
oh i see! i thought they were just hidden under one of the other clothing items.
neoprpa, November 9, 2019 5:21 AM NST
Mortychichi, I really, really hope it's just you.
escrainus, November 10, 2019 11:15 AM NST
LOL How are those clothing disrespectful? I mean then Dr. House and Grey's anatomy should be banned.
chesu - JN Staff, November 11, 2019 1:16 AM NST
...Does JS not know that all Pteris are already Tyrannian?
yerimiese, November 17, 2019 9:18 AM NST
I think the clothing is fine, especially if you have the nurse gelert or acara clothing and you're into roleplaying with them, I don't see the problem.