Help us model your pets!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!

Legends and Letters: Avatar Released
  • Posted on October 29, 2019, 6:37 am NST

The rewards from the Legends and Letters Challenge of Challenges last week have now been awarded! This includes a new avatar for participation:

(This avatar does not count in collections.)

Additionally, two trophies have been awarded (the second required completing all challenges in the week):

(These trophies are classed as game trophies on userlookups)

View Our Legends and Letters Guide »

Although the Challenge of Challenges is an ongoing event in Legends and Letters, rewards are only available on Neopets.com once a month. It is unknown if the avatar and trophies will be awarded each month at this stage, but it seems likely that they will be made available again.
tk_resurrected, 10/29/2019, 6:44 am NST
Any word on the "glitch" where if you collect your daily reward, you are then locked out of the game for the day. I am assuming that is the case because I collected two days in a row and the app just froze the entire day. I see others are having this issue as well.

herdy - JN Staff, 10/29/2019, 7:27 am NST
If you're affected by any glitches in L&L, submit a ticket to regular Neopets support including your L&L username. They pass it on to the L&L team and they are reasonably fast at fixing issues.

sakeru187, 10/29/2019, 8:06 am NST
^
Well not the best but at least we'll have more chances for the chests. That's all I was really worried about. I got the trophies and the avie (:

infernodragon02, 10/29/2019, 9:31 am NST
I can't wait to be doing this a year from now hoping to randomly pull a stamp or book out of a chest.

unvile, 10/29/2019, 9:55 am NST
So if they continue this every month.. Will we get DUPES from the chests or not? Cause if we get dupes thats unfair for those who can do the game and get the same crap the 1st time.

_sissiy_sis_369, 10/29/2019, 10:16 am NST
I got dupes from my chests

zixianna, 10/29/2019, 10:28 am NST
My guess is they'll be available continuously, for the same reason all the chests and prizes went No Trade - it's a way to get players in the app.

If everyone could just buy the prizes, no need to play L&L constantly to get them. If the Avatar and Trophies were a 'one shot only', that would discourage new player downloads.

Then again, I can't say everything people do makes sense, so I could be wrong

dustin, 10/29/2019, 11:04 am NST
Too bad I wasn't able to participate because I couldn't get past the tutorial bug.

sakeru187, 10/29/2019, 11:15 am NST
Either way I love customization and want the wearables. I hadn't ever really played L&L before but I've actually gotten to like it. I'm trying to save up enough diamonds to get a new leader -_- I don't like the xweetok I picked lol. And I want to beat all the lands through hard mode.

tzuyu, 10/29/2019, 11:37 am NST
So the avatar and trophies will be available monthly?

inkpot, 10/29/2019, 1:04 pm NST
does anyone actually look at ppls trophies on their lookups? lol. i very rarely scroll down past a persons pets. just me? x'D

don't get me wrong, i love trophies, i'm just curious, lol.

i just hope the they reverse the no-trade thing... my maraquan and pirate pets are not on my main account so the nice backgrounds and foregrounds go to waste. (and before anyone tells me to just move them over to my main: that'd cost me money as moving their nc clothes over would take me buying gift box caps from the mall to move over).

...so dumb.

plus, it takes me centuries to get the items i want from even trudy. actually, i have very rarely gotten what i've ever wanted from trudy and always had to go back and buy the things that retired, and that was on a weekly basis.

making the items tradeable would incentivise ppl into playing if even just to sell and make a profit. i see no downside, especially if ppl from regions where the game in unavailable would like to have these items.

dave - JN Staff, 10/29/2019, 1:31 pm NST
@tzuyu: I don't think it's been officially confirmed anywhere, but I'd consider it very likely that the trophies and avatar will be available monthly with each "crossover" week they host. (The "Challenge of Challenges" is now a weekly L&L in-app event. Only one week a month is your Neopets.com account involved.)

mavegibson, 10/29/2019, 3:34 pm NST
@inkpot - TNT are on drugs if they think that it's unfair to non-players for L&L players to be able to sell or trade the items they win from the game. Actually, the opposite is true.

If you are not a L&L player (and for many people who don't have mobile phones or can't install apps for one reason or another, that's completely out of their hands), the ONLY way that you would be able to get the items from L&L is to buy them from another player.

I know that if I couldn't play L&L I would be extremely angry that people who could were getting all these cool outfits, etc. that I would never be able to have. Heck, I'm already annoyed that some of the items I want haven't dropped for me.

An argument could be made that by not allowing people to trade these items TNT is ensuring that anyone who wants them will find a way to play the game, but I think that would be a poor argument. Playing the game is no guarantee you'll get the item you want, whereas making items tradeable is a guarantee that no matter what you get, it will be of some benefit to you. If anything, making the items tradeable gives people more incentive to play, not less.

unvile, 10/29/2019, 5:07 pm NST
Yeah but I also don't want to spend MILLIONS & MILLIONS for a Stamp or a BG from this game. I got the Lyra outfit and I have no freaking use for it since I have a Mutant & UC only. If I could swap it for something else then hey - that's great.

For now it's rotting in my SDB. I'm just glad I pulled the Smuggler Cove BG as it fits really nice for my Mutant at the moment.

sandy_puppy, 10/30/2019, 6:47 am NST
"Reward items for the Challenge of Challenges will be going out within the next day. So no need to fret as they should soon appear in your inventory!"

This was posted in the Neopets news on October 29th. I'm just curious, has anyone gotten any item rewards for participating in the challenge other than the chest rewards?

katina_choovanski, 11/17/2019, 4:31 pm NST
This is a very late reply to inkpot. You probably know by now that the items from the crossover event that gave all the cool backgrounds and wearables are NP-not NC. I found this out hard core when the only item I got got TAKEN in a random event practically as soon as it hit my inventory. VERY angry over that.