Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Earn NP from playing games!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!

Costume Contest: Voting Now Open!
  • Posted on October 8, 2019, 11:44 am NST

Our Costume Contest is now open for voting!

Just like last year, round one is a rating round. You have the opportunity to rate all entries with a "Yay" (aka a thumbs up if you like it) or a "Nay" (aka a thumbs down if you don't like it). The 75 pets with the highest cumulative ratings will move on to the next round, where normal voting resumes.

Also, if you rate all 224 entries this year, you'll get an extra bonus vote to use in round three, where the voting really counts!

And as a quick warning as in year's past, please only use one jnAccount to vote. Last year we had to disqualify a handful of people that made the contest unfair by voting on several accounts. :(

» Vote Now «

chocolatjellopudding, 10/8/2019, 1:30 pm NST
So I voted all 200+ this morning. I clicked Vote Now just a couple minutes ago and it looks like it reset my voting?

mavegibson, 10/8/2019, 1:38 pm NST
Some great costumes this year! Good luck everyone!

blastoise87blue, 10/8/2019, 2:36 pm NST
Good luck everyone!!

purplebin, 10/8/2019, 2:56 pm NST
Greta! I just realized that her name is an anagram of "great".
I had to look up a lot of character references, but round one is a lot of fun.

inkpot, 10/8/2019, 3:42 pm NST
Some of these pets wear their halloween costume all year round.

Shout out to my fav: "Lamp" lol.

fenix, 10/8/2019, 3:58 pm NST
The Gamefreak one was hilarious, I got a chuckle out of that one.

kitkatmeeoow, 10/8/2019, 4:12 pm NST
Voting is done, good luck everyone!

And as always, thank you Jellyneo! Whether I make it to another round of not, this is still one of my favorite events every year and the different events you guys do throughout the year is one the main things that keep bringing me back to Neopets itself.

protovolve, 10/8/2019, 5:07 pm NST
Good luck everyone! There are so many great costumes!

cat, 10/8/2019, 5:49 pm NST
The one looking for the Galaran Ponyta amused me.

topaz644, 10/8/2019, 5:50 pm NST
Well, I didn't get my pet entered because I didn't feel his look was complete. I'll save it for next year.

However, if today's news was yesterday's news I 100% would have dressed my Roo as Captain Kangaroo and entered her

elphapa_the_wicked, 10/8/2019, 5:51 pm NST
Carlos the Scientist with Perfect Hair and Khoshekh the Floating Cat got me. Never expected a Night Vale reference. Amazing ones this year

sketch, 10/8/2019, 6:34 pm NST
Outfits be like: dressed as cursed possessed witch in a coat but is also a pumpkin walking her dogs in neovia at night that's buying candy

foxycleopatra, 10/8/2019, 6:51 pm NST
Really great costumes this year!! I only wish the descriptions of the "jack the ripper" grundo was "Dr Jekyll/Mr.Hyde in transition" and the "fuzzle king" was "Critters (movie)"

mogster, 10/8/2019, 7:00 pm NST
Okay, Lamp made me snort. That was the last thing I ever expected.

chocolatjellopudding, 10/8/2019, 9:05 pm NST
Lol Bob Ross is my fave. Great year though. I wish everyone great luck this year

recklesse, 10/9/2019, 4:21 am NST
So many awesome costumes!!!

Marflab as Steve Harrington is brilliant, and I love lots of the other entries too. Going to be hard to narrow down the voting in the next round.

debgil, 10/9/2019, 6:23 am NST
Awesome costumes this year. I know I had a lot more yeas in this first round than I have in the past. Good luck to all entrants! Job well done.

beedeebee, 10/9/2019, 7:37 am NST
Wonderful costumes! Still making my way through the voting and having so much fun checking out all the creative outfits. Sometimes I wish there was a "skip" option so we could go back to some of the pets at the end and ponder for a bit, but I bet that would be complicated to put into place.

rosi, 10/9/2019, 4:12 pm NST
@beedeebee : whenever there's a character I don't know and I have no time to look it up, I click on the homepage (or another link), wait a couple of minutes and then go back to voting. Most likely the randomizer has changed the entry. I hope it helps.

1jediboy, 10/9/2019, 10:52 pm NST
@beedeebee & rosi - I just refreshed the voting page a few times and new entries pops up fairly often!

rosi, 10/11/2019, 3:07 pm NST
mmm Off-topic
Is anybody else getting the validation page again while trying to load some Neopets features like the auctions or inventory?
I didn't experience it first-hand last month but now I'm getting the message quite often.
It says "This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks" then quickly redirects to the actual page.
I wonder if I can send scores or I need to authenticate every time now

jweb, 10/11/2019, 3:29 pm NST
@rosi same over here

rosi, 10/11/2019, 3:46 pm NST
Tip: before sending a score, refresh another browser tab so the system authenticates your username (I lost a 1000 np score because apparently my "session" had timed out after 3 minutes ù_ù )

beedeebee, 10/11/2019, 5:08 pm NST
I'm very late replying, but thanks to 1jediboy and rosi for tips on refreshing!

purplebin, 10/13/2019, 6:53 am NST
I'm noticing a bunch of these entries in the Customization Spotlight this week.

scarlet189, 10/13/2019, 4:12 pm NST
The biggest surprise (besides the undead baby theme going on this year) was Captain Stickybeard (KND)! I found quite a few interesting ones this years, good luck to everyone!