The Advent Calendar is here for all of December!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Earn NP from playing games!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Advent

Legends and Letters Codex Quest Day 1
  • Posted on October 1, 2019, 12:47 pm NST

Day one of Codex Quest has now begun on the Legends and Letters Instagram page!

You have the next 48 hours to enter today's contest, in order to qualify for the grand prize raffle. Entering today will also qualify you for the bonus Background and Hat/Wig wearables.

As a reminder, you must:

- Follow the @neopetslegends account on Instagram
- Like the clue image(s)
- Comment on the post(s) with the correct answer to the puzzle (the name of a hero)
- Direct Message @neopetslegends with your Legends and Letters username and your main Neopets site username. You must include both to be eligible for prizes. Although there will be multiple quests, you only have to send this Direct Message once.

(Note, as it appears this will be operating like the on-site Mystery Picture contest, we will not be sharing the correct answer here.)
catsrnice, 10/1/2019, 1:46 pm NST
As much as the Neopets website is becoming outdated and could use a few design updates.

Instagram literally does not have the option to send DM's on their website. You literally have to download an app for it. Holy crap this took me 5+ minutes to find out the designers are that dumb.

/rant

catsrnice, 10/1/2019, 2:29 pm NST
Holy heck.

What makes it even worse is that if you use the "mobile emulator" which is an option in the vanilla developer tools of any given instance of chrome. The DM option shows up.

Literally absolutely no point!

adventurer262, 10/1/2019, 3:15 pm NST
true! just a thing to make you get the app. oh well, at least we're able to send dms *somehow*. also, this challenge is cool, like mystery pic but with Legends and Letters. Ill probably fail, lol, but itll be fun to see the correct answers!

catsrnice, 10/1/2019, 3:17 pm NST
Except you don't even need the app. You just need to tell the site that you're a mobile device for some reason (Which is a feature native to chromes developer tools). It's terrible.

dave - JN Staff, 10/1/2019, 3:37 pm NST
Instagram was a mobile app before a website. They've always been reticent to adding functionality for desktop computers, so the fact that DMs are mobile only doesn't surprise me.

purplebin, 10/1/2019, 6:03 pm NST
Well, the news is up and the wearable prizes for guessing WILL be awarded on site, too!
I am not impressed by the outfit, and I am not going to open an Instagram account.

inkpot, 10/2/2019, 12:58 am NST
i'd feel terrible if i were 1 of the 3 winners, lol... i don't play l&l and likely never will unless it tied to my neo account, so it'd be such a waste. ;o; urgh.

mistyraider, 10/2/2019, 2:54 am NST
I've used up my patience trying to figure out how to send a direct message. If the wearables are nps, someone will sell them sometime. That's gonna have to be good enuf.
If neo starts being mostly on social media, I'm outta here!

zixianna, 10/2/2019, 5:32 am NST
For how much we're not supposed to do 'off site' stuff, TNT sure is having lots of off site stuff....
I'm in that age range of 'Instagrwhat?' Neopets is the only reason I even have a Twitter account as it is!

recklesse, 10/2/2019, 6:56 am NST
If neo starts being mostly on social media, I'm outta here!
-----

I can relate to that. I don't have any interest in creating social media accounts in order to keep up with what's happening on the Neopets site. Sometimes it looks like Scrappy and Jade spend more time offsite than on it!! If they could at least put some effort into improving the lacklustre Neopian Times and editorial it might help to dispel that impression.

I get that they're trying to broaden the appeal of Neopets. But attracting people to a site that is still full of holes and glitches won't encourage them to stick around.

catsrnice, 10/2/2019, 8:24 am NST
I actually complained to the editorial (in a polite way) about the "offsite" thing. At least regarding Q&A's.

ratty170170, 10/2/2019, 10:53 am NST
Thank you catsrnice for saving me from downloading the app