Snowager alert!

Every editorial question answered just a search away!
A searchable database of Neopets images
All the hottest looks, try them on today!

Premium Sale Live Now
  • Posted on August 29, 2019, 4:36 pm NST

The annual Premium sale is now live! The yearly membership rate of $69.95 is on sale for $49.95, a savings of $20 off for the year. It is currently unknown how long the sale will last for. The sale will continue until October 1st at Noon NST.

New Premium Members
To receive the promotional rate, visit the Membership page and select the yearly plan. (You'll need to purchase the full yearly plan—the 4 and 1 month options are not discounted.)

Existing Premium Members
Renewal not coming up for awhile? Never fear! You can lock in this promotional rate for the next time your plan renews. Even if your plan renews in 6 months, you can apply the sale to that upcoming renewal date.

To lock in the sale:
  1. Visit the Manage Membership page. (You'll likely need to log in.)
  2. Click the "Upgrade Plan" button.
  3. Click the 1 Year plan option. You should see it discounted to $49.95.
  4. Click "Confirm Upgrade" to complete the lock in. On the confirmation page, you'll see "Next Billing Date: [your billing date] (You will be charged $49.95 on this date)"

That's it, you're upgraded and locked in! Even if your Premium renews 6 months from now, you will receive the sale price.

(Did you previously cancel your membership, but there's still pre-paid time before it cuts you off? If so, you won't see "Upgrade Plan" on the Manage Membership page. Instead, there will be a "Keep Membership" button since you must re-activate before receiving the sale price. Click "Keep Membership", confirm that you wish to restart your subscription at the old price, and then you should see the "Upgrade Plan" button which you should click to lock in the sale. See above for instructions.)

Not a Premium member yet, but wondering what you get? Check out our Premium guide for more info.

As of writing, there are no known new perks this year.
biediep, 08/29/2019, 6:12 pm NST
I'm sad it only applies to a year membership that you have to pay in full all at once, as opposed to being able just pay less than usual every month for a year. It's probably always been like that, I've never paid attention to the Premium sale before. It's tempting but I don't know if I want (/can afford) to pay 50 bucks at once.

Didn't they say they wanted to add more stuff to Premium before doing the sale? Curious to see if that's still a thing or if they hoped everyone would've forgotten about that by now lol.

dave - JN Staff, 08/29/2019, 7:09 pm NST
@biediep: It has indeed always been that way with the sale pricing. Yearly rate only.

jawsch, 08/29/2019, 8:14 pm NST
@biediep: Most subscription services are like that because nothing would prevent you from signing up for the discounted "annual" rate and then stop it after a few months.

The entire point of annual discounts is paying the full amount upfront.

katina_choovanski, 08/29/2019, 10:53 pm NST
Is there a way to find out when your 'annual' renewal is up?

dr_tomoe, 08/30/2019, 12:05 am NST
So is this just like getting NC at the NC Mall, or are there more steps to it?

combustibles, 08/30/2019, 2:02 am NST
aaaand I just bought a new year two weeks ago.

Thanks TNT...

jess_scanlan - JN Staff, 08/30/2019, 2:58 am NST
@katina_choovanski Across the top bar on Neopets click on Premium to the far right (under your username and NP) and click Manage Membership. You will probably need to sign in there and then you should see a screen with your Current Plan, Payment Method and Next Billing Date which is when your current subscription ends.

yasmin_sb, 08/30/2019, 6:08 am NST
@combustibles I feel your pain, I paid for a year's premium two days ago.

artemisaltori, 08/30/2019, 7:18 am NST
So much for those new perks

rosi, 08/30/2019, 10:48 am NST
Hey guys is anybody having troubles logging in today?

pasqui, 08/30/2019, 10:52 am NST
@rosi, I came here just to ask the same question. I'm not home so tried to login on a different computer and then on my phone, page keeps going to an empty login.phtml page rather than logging me in...

I bought the discounted premium last night, I don't think that's linked but maybe it is?

rosi, 08/30/2019, 11:06 am NST
Thank you for your answer, Pasqui! I was panicking!
Neither I nor my sister can get in today.
The homepage and the first 'stage' of the login page seem to be normal, but when we put the username and pw we always get and empty page with a 403 (forbidden) error.
We cleared the cache, tried different browsers, tried logging in with our side accounts, but nothing.
As we have never acted fishy it is implausible that we have both been frozen (at the same time!)
The fact that this is happening to other people makes me think it is a technical error, maybe
I tried to check Neopets twitter account but they say nothing.

pasqui, 08/30/2019, 11:09 am NST
If you were frozen it would have told you that rather than going to an empty page. No worries, I'm certain it's a technical error.
Hopefully they have someone to fix it cause the news said they were going on a break until Tuesday. :/

rosi, 08/30/2019, 11:18 am NST
I think so, too. Thank you very much and let's hope they get it fixed before the end of the day (it's already 8 pm here).

josie, 08/30/2019, 11:23 am NST
I have the login problem too. It tells me access denied, and then that the connection is not private. Different browser, clearing cache, etc. does nothing, so if it's on their end, I hope they'll take care of it soon.

dave - JN Staff, 08/30/2019, 11:34 am NST
I've just tried logging into a side account under an incognito browser window, and I was able to log in fine.

I wonder if it's a specific server acting up?

Showing a 403 error message is definitely a technical issue on their side--I wouldn't be too worried about the status of your account.

pasqui, 08/30/2019, 12:03 pm NST
Okay, I can log in again, so hopefully you guys can too, @rosi, @josie.

yerimiese, 08/30/2019, 12:53 pm NST
I also can't log in at all. Access denied.

chrissy, 08/30/2019, 12:54 pm NST
I can't log in to my main, haven't tried any of my sides yet.

chrissy, 08/30/2019, 12:55 pm NST
Nope, just tried logging into one of my side accounts using incognito and i'm getting the same error.

yerimiese, 08/30/2019, 1:02 pm NST
So I reset Chrome (settings - reset and clean-up), reactivated adblock and now it's worked for me.

Hope you can get it to work.

purplebin, 08/30/2019, 1:05 pm NST
Restarting the computer worked for me (using both Chrome and Firefox), but every time I try to switch accounts it happens again. I get a message in Chrome, but a blank page in Firefox.

chrissy, 08/30/2019, 1:15 pm NST
Thank you yerimiese. I reset my Chrome and reactivated my adblock plus and now i can sign in. I just hope it lasts

Good luck everyone ^^

dave - JN Staff, 08/30/2019, 1:16 pm NST
It sounds like some people are having success clearing their cookies for Neopets.com.

Here's a guide (first answer) on how to do that in Chrome so you can preserve your cookies/logins for other websites: https://superuser.com/questions/548096/how-can-i-clear-cookies-for-a-single-site

yerimiese, 08/30/2019, 1:19 pm NST
Glad it's working for you guys.

rosi, 08/30/2019, 2:59 pm NST
Let's hope it's definitely fixed now. Thank you everybody for your help.

josie, 08/30/2019, 3:49 pm NST
Now it tells me my pw's are incorrect on each of my accounts

unvile, 08/30/2019, 4:36 pm NST
Am here to confirm I can't log into any of my accounts Neo what is going on

unvile, 08/30/2019, 4:37 pm NST
@Josie - Same thing for me I really hope they get it fixed soon

beingniceisfree, 08/30/2019, 4:39 pm NST
Josie, I'm having the same problem, says incorrect PWs! :c Everything was fine til I logged out and tried to log into my side and now can't get in to either.

unvile, 08/30/2019, 4:47 pm NST
Same for me. Incorrect PWs and I checked all my side accounts. Ughhh

maxgarou, 08/30/2019, 5:06 pm NST
Same here, incorrect pw. I hope they fix it today. Don't want Trudy's to reset if I can't log in today.

rosi, 08/30/2019, 5:10 pm NST
Gasp! It makes me think that if we log out we won't be able to log back into our accounts. But we are on a shared computer so logging out is a must

beingniceisfree, 08/30/2019, 5:44 pm NST
I didn't even think about Trudy

purplebin, 08/30/2019, 5:51 pm NST
Logging in and out was fixed for me, and now it says the PW is wrong no matter which account I try...

unvile, 08/30/2019, 7:02 pm NST
I have logged into my main. Not sure if I want to log out and retry

purplebin, 08/30/2019, 8:25 pm NST
After a bunch of attempts it worked for me, and I was even brave enough to try again and get into a different account. It worked again. No guarantee it will work next time, though.

mistyraider, 08/31/2019, 7:49 am NST
I have Premium and currently there's an annoying yellow finger arrow bouncing up and down over the "?" symbol on my taskbar. I REALLY don't want that arrow (the movement is distracting). Is there a way to get rid of it, short of changing a pet's species?

dave - JN Staff, 08/31/2019, 11:50 am NST
@mistyraider: Do you use an ad blocking extension, like ublock? If so, just right click on the yellow finger and you should see an option to block it with that extension. Follow the wizard and your ad blocker will take care of the rest.

o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8, 08/31/2019, 2:53 pm NST
if simply blocking the image ||http://images.neopets.com/premium/2018/bar/buttons/fingerpointdown.png isn't doing it then also try blocking ##.dot
I tried just blocking the image but it popped back up so I blocked ##.dot and now I don't see it any more

contessa, 08/31/2019, 6:04 pm NST
Hmm I tried blocking the lil yellow very annoying bouncing hand and voila! It went away! Too bad it also took away the "change species" button too! I don't really need the change species button because I like my pets as they are but I did not mean for it to go away, just the bouncing yellow hand.

mistyraider, 09/1/2019, 3:37 pm NST
COOL! Thanks Dave, I right clicked on the yellow hand, said yes to my ad blocker and voila, it's gone. The change species button is still there tho.
@contessa, I hope you can figure out how to get the change species button back without the irritating bouncing yellow hand. good luck.