Snowager alert!

Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!

New Wonderclaw Machine: Dream
  • Posted on August 28, 2019, 11:11 am NST

The Warrior Machine has now been retired from the Wonderclaw! With it, a new machine has been released: Dream!

For a list of prizes, check out our Wonderclaw guide below.

View Our Wonderclaw Guide «
jawsch, 08/28/2019, 12:11 pm NST
Yay more girly items Maybe one day we'll get more masculine style clothes...LOL Who am I kidding?

mavegibson, 08/28/2019, 12:35 pm NST
This machine might well have the highest volume of must-have items than any other machine, NC event, etc. ever. Like, woah. There are literally only a couple items I'm not over-the-top excited about (that sleeping cap, the teddy bear, the dream sanctuary, the bonus), and just one (that awful sleeping gown) that I don't want. Everything else I am dying over.

But @jawsch, I don't see many of these as 'girly'. The gown of course, and maybe the sleep mask would make some guys uncomfortable (but I know many who would love the mask). There's a pair of pyjamas that are pretty masc. I don't see this as a girly set of items at all.

mavegibson, 08/28/2019, 12:39 pm NST
There are also a few more items to this that aren't listed in the JN guide.

Fuzzy Slippers
Sweet Pawkeet Mobile
Antique Candle Holder
Pastel Teddy Bear Plushie
Chariot to Dreamland

mavegibson, 08/28/2019, 12:40 pm NST
And of course the forementioned PJs

Blue Striped Pyjamas

biediep, 08/28/2019, 12:42 pm NST
It sounded beautiful but then I saw the items and I'm not a huge fan. I do like the Teddy bear though :3

jawsch, 08/28/2019, 3:22 pm NST
@mavegibson
I would say the only "non-feminine" items are the Candle (uni), the PJs and the Babaa bubble. The rest are all pink, gowns, wigs with curlers, pink cat eye mask, pink teddy bear, pink/light blue girly suitcases / make up boxes, bunny slippers...

I'm not really sure how those aren't "girly"

missxblonde7x, 08/28/2019, 4:19 pm NST
Charming Kadoatie Humidifier
is a wood prize not silver...I'm not sure how to report that to be fixed ^^

krasavitsa, 08/28/2019, 4:26 pm NST
I'm not feeling this batch of items overall. I do love the Whimsical Dreamland BG though, it's cute.

inkpot, 08/28/2019, 4:45 pm NST
i like a lot of these but i wouldn't call any of these "must-haves". just things i'd like as fillers maybe or for casual trades, especially considering how long this wonderclaw machine will be around for.

i really like the sleepy eyes on some pets though. just kinda wish they would have re-colored the court dancers contacts though since these ones can be a little weird lookin.

escrainus, 08/28/2019, 9:19 pm NST
Only the bed brings something good overall, the rest.. it doesn't help it is mostly a girly set.

Hopefully something more masculine is released latter.

mavegibson, 08/28/2019, 9:19 pm NST
@jawsch
I guess some people have different notions of gender. I don't personally genderize colors, or most things, really. To each their own.

katina_choovanski, 08/29/2019, 1:19 am NST
I love them all. Just wish I could get Wonderclaw to work. Won't load...WTHeck?

faellie_ridiculous, 08/29/2019, 1:50 am NST
They make more girly items because that is what sells. That is the reality here. It seems to me that there are quite a few items for male pets. Certainly many more than for babies or mutants or maraquans if you look through the database.

Enter the Random Contest and submit your idea of a masculine themed MC with items you would like to see. Maybe you will win!

I think these WC items are fun. Chariot to Dreamland is a winner. Very pretty and well done. (Many people seeking it on the boards.) I also really love the Counting Babaas and the Robe and Slippers, plus the cute Kadoatie item. Those twinkles and the candle are great too. Overall a great WC set.

mistyraider, 08/29/2019, 4:18 am NST
Gender specific colors is all a thing made up by advertising agencies. In 1918 this was“The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.”
That switched in the 1940's, again by advertising agencies.
In some countries and cultures, bright pink is considered a very "manly" color.

It's all what you have been told (or sold).

mistyraider, 08/29/2019, 4:25 am NST
And in nature, often the males are the most brightly colored (think peacocks), while the females can be dull and drab.

People still have preferences and I have no problem with that. Just wanted to share that color meaning isn't a universal "truth."

mavegibson, 08/29/2019, 9:20 am NST
And really, it's up to us to change it by breaking those expectations down. Over time we'll see fewer and fewer of these artificial restrictions in place. It starts with Neopets! LOL I gender bend mine all the time. That's half the fun.