Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Help us model your pets!

Discord Scrappy Q&As
  • Posted on August 7, 2019, 12:09 pm NST

Scrappy has returned to the r/neopets Discord server to answer a few more questions yesterday!

first off, for the downtime, it was a weird issue we were facing but yes we have many plans to not only build that up but all site security. it is one of our main concerns right now

Hello, first and foremost thank you for all that you do! Secondly, I know there have been updates periodically regarding Key Quest and its future plans, but is there any way we can get more information?

its not in the plans right now, unfortunately

we're not right now, but possibly once we're on mobile

Will there ever be any new species??

you know, we heard theres more roaming out there but guess we will have to wait and see if they join us!

Is it possible to have the Random Event notification be made into a sticky element, or an RE log that shows the past week’s REs?

hm, this is a very interesting idea. i dont think we have really thought of it before but i will bring it up to the team!

Why can’t my baby floatsam wear the item “Bubbles in the Lake”? It does not appear as an option, but it does appear for my maraquan gelert.

hm this seems to not be available for baby pets, which seems a little strange. i will see if we can get that fixed.

Will we ever get a revamped Neopets toolbar? Or maybe official Neopets browser addons like the Shop Wizard?

the whole toolbar will be getting redone with the mobile site! im not sure about the browser addons yet but i can bring it up to the team

Note: It seems likely that for this question, the asker and Scrappy were talking about different toolbars.

Do you know why the previous TNT got rid of a handful of Spooky Petpets forever ago? I miss then, is there a way you can reintroduce them to the site? Also, can you include us in NC item planning, or consider reaching out to us for ideas and requests in regards to NC?

as for the spooky petpets, im not sure why they were gotten rid of. however, im sure there was a reason so let me find out what it was before i bring them all back. as for the items, yes we would seriously LOVE for you guys to be part of it or give us any ideas you have. im not sure the best way to do this yet but its something we have been talking about a lot here at TNT hq for sometime

What will happen to NC and NC customization items with the mobile conversion?
Will a better system for communication on site be implemented? The guild chat system and neoboards need to be improved. A pinning system for TNT staff may be helpful!

nothing will happen to them! converting them all to work on mobile is quite a project but they will all be there for you to create all the customizations you want! as for the communication, yeah we will try to find something to post updates that we don't want to cycle. we find problems with that too so we will definitely look.

Can frozen accounts be automatically removed from the leaderboards/shop wizard/ect.? When / if these users are unfrozen they can be added back on.

thats an awesome idea that i can for sure bring up to the team, unfortunately they have a longggg list of priorities right now but we will definitely talk about it and see when we could add that!

Will we ever have access to the Almost Abandoned Attic again? It’s been answered in past editorials about it, but I wanted to know if there’s an effort into fixing it yet or not. This may be a good way to release high rarity items without flooding the market.

unfortunately, with everything going on right now it is just not in the immediate plans.

Out of the 50+ Neopets we have, only 2 have Silver Morphing Potions. Can more be released?

ill let the content team know!

Is there any chance the rules can allow romance between our Neopets? This is for subtle things like mentioning that they’re married or in a relationship. How much can we describe LGBT+ characters/pets? What would be considered against the rules to mention?

that would be a big change to neopets, as it just isn't what we are about right now. we are an open community and want everyone to feel safe and accepted, so it might come in the future, but until then its best not to mention romance.

Has the staff ever discussed making older Neopets poses available again and fully customizable? Some items on four legged pets are harder to enjoy/appreciate.

unfortunately no, i was asked about the 4 legged pets a few other times too and it would be a massive change to do anything with them but if we do, it will not be going back to older poses

Is it possible to update the Coming Soon page? Besides Social Media & Neopian Times, it’ll be a nice reminder for people to see what will be released next/what’s being worked on.

absolutely, i will be sure we update it this week!

Will codes from Keyquest plushies be redeemable again? They currently do not work at the Grundo Warehouse.

we saw these getting abused, so i am not sure if they will become redeemable again. are there a lot of people still trying to redeem them?

I would love to hold all pets on one account, would that someday be feasible?

we would definitely like to keep adding pets allowed on the account, i cant give you an exact time table for it but its possible.

Will there be an easier way to get petpetpets in the future?

hm, what do you guys think would be a good way to make them easier to get?

After Symol Hole and Grave Danger were suggested:

i do like that idea! ill run it by the team

The Legends and Letters staff members The Claymaker and Pactian Darcsable have been posting periodically over the past two weeks as well, mostly responding to player suggestions including:

- Making energy granting smoothies more accessible
- Making purple chests more accessible
- Expanding the selection of wearables in the app's Gem Store
- Adding sort options to the Card Inventory
- Increasing board size
- Fixing the error where daily quests refreshing doesn't work correctly
- Releasing more Neopet Leaders in the future

The Claymaker also addressed the form the account linking will take once it is released in the app:

just to clarify, the Link feature would allow players to claim bonus reward items from some Legends & letters events & game modes for
their linked site account . At the moment we cannot facilitate bringing items of players in site account to Legends & letters.
plushielynis, 08/7/2019, 12:54 pm NST
i'm confused as to what makes that question a bad one? if you'd like to explain

remy, 08/7/2019, 1:12 pm NST
Another 'Q&-no plans right now' lol

ummy - JN Staff, 08/7/2019, 1:27 pm NST
The question on KQ codes: only puzzle adventure codes were abused. KQ codes are simply not redeemable due to the token feature linked to KQ. KQ codes never worked at the grundo warehouse, they need to update them to work.

bekka513, 08/7/2019, 1:38 pm NST
I don't mean to be stupid but what does this mean ? "Is Neopets considering a PPC campaign on Google/Bing/other search engines, and if not will you be planning on doing so after the transition to mobile?

we're not right now, but possibly once we're on mobile" I only get on neopets from the computer so does this mean neo is going only mobile ?

mavegibson, 08/7/2019, 1:38 pm NST
I see these question things come up from time to time but I'm always sadly too late to ask any questions of my own. The number one question I have, and that I'm really surprised no one seems to have asked yet, is "When will they fix the bug preventing people from removing items from the Neohome storage shed?" It seems like something that would be fixable, and yet will likely never be done.

bekka513, 08/7/2019, 1:39 pm NST
Also can someone please tell me if we are going to be offered premium discount this August like last year ?

dave - JN Staff, 08/7/2019, 1:57 pm NST
@bekka513: I'd say that question itself was kind of silly, not your question wondering what the heck it means

"PPC" is an advertising industry term meaning "pay per click". The user in question was literally just inquiring about Neopets' online marketing strategy... which isn't really all that interesting for a community Q&A. (And is a waste of a question, IMO!)

dave - JN Staff, 08/7/2019, 1:58 pm NST
@mave: I vaguely recall something about that glitch, what's the issue again?

novelista, 08/7/2019, 2:00 pm NST
Glad to hear they're considering taking down the frozen accounts. Drives me batty to go to buy something (because it's at the top of the SSW) only to discover I can't, because the user is frozen.

dave - JN Staff, 08/7/2019, 2:01 pm NST
@bekka513: The sale is coming, but they haven't given dates yet. Apparently they are working on adding some new Premium features (like they did last year with the gallery upgrade, Customisation journal, and species change):

maple_snow, 08/7/2019, 2:17 pm NST
@mavegibson - TNT cares less about NeoHomes than they do about the Battledome. Nevermind that Viacom era TNT attempted to monetize them. And that many of us actually did join the migration from Classic to V2 (complete with the financial transition.) There are thousands, if not tens of thousands of NC Neohome items trapped in sheds.

On the Neohome (both Classic & V2) topics on Customisation Chat, there has been in the past, collaborative efforts to ask in the editorial about the impending demise of the features themselves. An editorial question had once vaguely implied in an address to another feature, that "all features would transition". But a Q&A with HardToTame, where one of the Neohome board regs had asked about their future, was responded to with (paraphrasing) "Neohomes are not even on our radar."

The best hope is that when Neohomes (Classic and V2, both) are pulled when Flash dies, any items trapped within them are forced back into players' respective SDBs. Because until that point, it is apparent TNT doesn't want to even acknowledge they still exist.

inkpot, 08/7/2019, 2:56 pm NST
"i don't like how four-legged pets hold items so can we just turn them back to uc?"

some of these questions are so silly... i'm sorry. :c

yeah, hand-held items on four legged pets are weird sometimes but it's not that big of a deal. rather, i think they should stop wasting time and effort drawing "holders" and "stands" for swords and bouquets, etc. when all you need to do is lean the weapon against the pet, have it struck into the earth or lying on the ground. i don't know what going back to the "old poses" would do to fix that problem, lol.....

mavegibson, 08/7/2019, 4:10 pm NST
@dave There is a current glitch with the new version Neohomes where items that are in the Neohome storage shed cannot be removed. This means that anyone wanting to clean house or remove items for sale or trade are out of luck. I have a lot of item in my Neohome that I would like to remove but cannot. It's pretty frustrating.

@maplesnow Thanks for the detailed response. I do hope they convert Neohomes rather than simply closing them, but you're right - I hadn't thought of that. Of course if/when things are switched over from Flash hopefully we will get our items back.

fenix, 08/7/2019, 4:10 pm NST
a lot these questions are the same ones that keep popping up, and I don't know why. Stop asking about KQ. Stop asking about UCs. stop asking for more pet slots or new pet species. My god.

remy, 08/7/2019, 4:28 pm NST
^ +1

catsrnice, 08/7/2019, 5:07 pm NST
I was actually in the mood for KQ recently, too bad it's not around.

Also, PLEASE keep romance off the table, thanks.

...So I visited the coming soon page, holy heck it updated!? Wasn't it stuck on "A mysterious voyage returns" for YEARS? That's amusing.

infernodragon02, 08/7/2019, 5:41 pm NST
Basically, they're not doing much to add value to the site, particularly when it comes to what people actually want. No surprise there.

burnintoflames, 08/7/2019, 6:18 pm NST
It's funny I see a comment about items stuck in the shed when just over the weekend I tried clearing my shed to learn of this. I had actually sent a ticket because I knew nothing of it.

I've been seeing a lot about PPC lately. I don't know if it's the same person. I remember during CC it was a huge complaint. But to me it's nothing new. You click shopkeepers to refresh, there are plenty of non-flash games. Random events are incentive to click around.

dave - JN Staff, 08/7/2019, 8:02 pm NST
@burnintoflames: To clarify, "PPC" doesn't mean that you will be paying to click around Neopets. It means that Jumpstart would pay for advertising via Google AdSense and they would pay for each person who clicks on the ad.

biediep, 08/7/2019, 9:40 pm NST
The answer about new species is super vague but gives me hope maybe we'll see something new for Neo's 20th birthday? Either way, whenever they release a new one, if it's not based on a spider I'm gonna riot (...Kidding of course, but I really would love one!)

apophis324, 08/8/2019, 12:04 am NST
Is it weird that most of the time I find the comment section here to be more satisfying than the Q&A?

Also, I agree with catsrnice.. Neopets is not a place for any form of romance (except the ones canonically brought up by TNT themselves, like Hanso and Brynneth).. It would be nice if a future plot would have a minor LGBT+ nod in it, although that may bring other complications..

1jediboy, 08/8/2019, 12:15 am NST
^I find the comments more satisfying too.
I’ll give my spin on the Q&A tommorow.

bekka513, 08/8/2019, 2:09 am NST
@dave . Thanks so much for answering all the questions. We are lucky to have such a nice person as JN Staff.
I wrote neo a week ago and no reply

spabl, 08/8/2019, 3:03 am NST
Why are people always asking if KQ is coming back??? Ok, you got codestones, I get that... but there was Always so much complaining on the boards about cheaters and quiters! I really don't get it!

el_arakeuh, 08/8/2019, 4:40 am NST
So basically whatever we ask as players the answer is "no, there is no time or money to do that."

mzlish, 08/8/2019, 8:16 am NST
It is unfortunate that they don't have the time to fix bugs and glitches in things like the Attic.. but at least they are trying to fulfill simple requests like changing/adding prize pools. The mobile transfer is hitting a VERY close deadline, so I can understand why it is top priority! It just seems like they didn't crack down on it until they missed the summer release as promised.

BUT! The answer about all pets on one account was satisfying as well as the hint for new pet species! I also like that they are now highly considering taking in ideas from users. That is great to hear!

I hope after the mobile site is launched, that it will free time on a lot of other projects and fixing/updating the site. JS was given a broken site and I am impressed they are doing all this. I know its frustrating but they DO care about it and its players. This shows dedication... not even old TNT made this much of an effort to keep in touch with players.

Lastly, I hope they totally revamp the Neohome system. I wasn't very impressed with 2.0 but I have faith that v3.0 will be really good. I also have high hopes for KQ whenever they get to it.. I assume it will be sometime next year they make plans

contessa, 08/8/2019, 9:10 am NST
I always read these Q & As with only part understanding BUT I am sooo happy that Dave does clarifications! Thanks so much Dave! Like I had no idea what PPC was, then "pay per click"??
- I am so glad that it was cleared up that WE don't have to pay, it is an advertising thin. Whew. Premium is one thing but if I had to pay more to play, sadly I would be gone.

As for KQ, I don't miss it. I did not have a great time there overall. I kept getting players who would quit if they were not winning or something. Heck, I'd much rather have Habi back than KQ! And I know that won't happen so I am moving on. (*snif* I miss my lil critters)

mavegibson, 08/8/2019, 10:08 am NST
@fenix There will always be people who ask the same questions over and over and over again, but TNT/JS should know better than to *answer* the same questions over and over and over again.
@contessa I agree, I'd rather have Habitarium back than KQ, particularly since I had some great NC items for it and felt very ripped off when they closed it down. But like you I've accepted that will never happen.

joe, 08/8/2019, 10:56 am NST
I just want my theme park back. I had all the rides, and still cant figure out why I didnt get the trophy..

escrainus, 08/8/2019, 11:31 am NST
@spabl: Well I'm glad people bring back questions like more pet slots becuase it wasn't really that mentioned in the past, and while I understand how annoying the UC and KQ topic can be, the pet slots are indeed part of a core mechanic that shouldn't be left out from Q&A, maybe not all the time, but it shouldn't be forggoten, if people don't want more pets, they can always AVOID creating them, but wanting the subject to be dropped isn't fair.
Also KQ and UC along pet slots are something most players wants (combining the 3 subjects) vs other subjects.

dave - JN Staff, 08/8/2019, 12:44 pm NST
I think a lot of the "when is Key Quest coming back?" questions nowadays are arising from the fact that in July 2018, TNT announced that KQ *was* coming back... But we've had no details since.

I think at this point, Habitarium would make a great mobile app--but maybe not until they get account linking across their various properties working.

adventurer262, 08/8/2019, 2:00 pm NST
I feel like it might be unsettling if neopets allows more romance than it would now. I'd like it to stay the way it is, neopets is still a kids site, after all.

cat, 08/8/2019, 3:40 pm NST
I think TNT took romance off the table because people kept abusing it, like using it as a cover for on-site dating or getting too explicit. So I think it’s better to keep it against the rules.

I’m surprised no one asked about name changing.

sakibou, 08/8/2019, 6:01 pm NST
What Spooky petpets are they referring to? Just petpets that were retired, or something else?

burnintoflames, 08/8/2019, 9:06 pm NST
I think the spooky pets they were referring to were what petpets like Baraga, Snorklin and Pwerko being completely different petpets.

ducky - JN Staff, 08/9/2019, 1:08 am NST
The only new pet I want to see is make Mauket a petpet. Make it possible to grow Mauket as adult Mauket.

Also I understand some people liked KQ. But why on earth it has to be asked million times?

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
How about now?

The Staff made HUGE mistake by saying it's possibility a year ago. HUGE.

They have SO MUCH else to do so that they can keep the site running that they hve no resources to build KQ since they'd have to start it from sratch.

apophis324, 08/9/2019, 2:18 am NST
@ducky: The problem I have mostly with TNT is that they try to tackle all their problems at once without leaving anyone out. Personally, I would not at all mind if for one full year (starting at Jan 1st, ending at Dec 31st) there wouldn't be any events, just regular updates. No Daily Dare, no Altador Cup, not even an Advent Calendar, just so they get a year of non-stop focus on fixing the site in its entirety. I think that would help a lot.

Also, KeyQuest was a lot of fun. It's their constant inconclusiveness that leaves us all wondering about things. Things rarely are a definite no with TNT.

maileth, 08/9/2019, 3:03 am NST
Why should people stop asking about ucs and pet slots and new species when it's clearly the thing most neopians care about most? We all know that TNT could earn a bunch of Dollars if they would make a nc option for an uc paint brush or something. Also the site is about pets, I understand that people want more pet slots. Look at Subeta. You start with 10, you can buy 10(?) more at the millionaire center, you can win slots, you can add slots with loyalty perks etc. Still everyone is stoked each time they announce a new slot ^^ I think that more pets would be a great thing for Neopets, too.
Also if people would stop asking what is important to them, how should TNT know that we still want it? Personally I care less about stamp questions and avatars but I know there are a lot of neopians who love them, so ask away. Each question is better than the romance thing xD

ducky - JN Staff, 08/9/2019, 5:53 am NST
@apophis324

Also they've said NO to UCs many, many, many times. They also did say they did think of it, not going to work so once again it's no.

The only time they said something MAYBE about KQ was last year and that was HUGE mistake. I don't even know why they'd say that. I understand they take under consideration of something people are asking, but now they have L&L and hands full with that, I don't think they have resources to start making KQ. I mean, they already ditched GC.

I do not miss KQ and its ragequitters. If they'd do what Nintendo did with Splatoon ragequitters it would be fine. And tbh L&L doesn't interest me because I am not native speaker of English so wordgames are meh for me.

Pet slot thin is understandable considering how much pets/colours there is. And not to mention who'd want their pets on one acccount and not have several acos.
I tried Subeta LONG time ago and for me it was just dull.

Also for romance. Yes let's keep things like those are currrently. It goes same category with religion and politics. Maybe it's because my pets are soulless pixels.

recklesse, 08/9/2019, 6:01 am NST
It's like they get excited about things before really thinking it thru and this happens.
---------

I agree. That's sometimes what it looks like. Also when they say they'll look into something they've completely ruled out before, just to avoid saying 'no' again because they don't want to seem too negative.

apophis324, 08/9/2019, 11:13 am NST
"Well without events people would poof. You cannot deny it that is what keeps people on site."

I cannot say you're totally wrong there. Consider this though. Would people rather have a not-exactly-working-as-intended website with a bunch of events that give out.. to be fairly honest.. somewhat mediocre rewards overall, or would they rather have a perfectly running websites with all the features they'd love to see?

The way I see it, and I may just as well be wrong, is that they just don't have the resources to AND bring us events AND keep the site running to its full potential.

morganjoisle, 08/9/2019, 11:43 am NST
@mavegibson: I've still got one of those pretty pink hammock items stuck in my neohome 2.0 after all these years.

I hope they never close classic neohomes. It was always so much fun seeing the art that people would create with them.

invader_of_worlds, 08/9/2019, 1:01 pm NST
I would be happy with even more pet slots on my main, I feel so sorry for pets in the pound.

catsrnice, 08/10/2019, 2:57 am NST
My wish list

1. Update all maps and games to avoid flashpocalypse

2. Add ssl

3. Fix key quest and defenders of neopia

4. bringbackhabitariumpetpetparkandtreasurekeepersorsomethingelsefun

5. Further site growth. (Can be interspersed with above steps)

mistyraider, 08/10/2019, 4:15 am NST
As for "maybe" as an answer, they should discover what I did when I had children --
To a parent it either means "maybe" or "no, but I don't want to say no to you." But to a child (or anyone asking a question of an authority), the answer "maybe" is heard as YES!

remy, 08/10/2019, 5:13 am NST
I'd be happy if they finally put Fyora back in the Hidden Tower. The Grey Faerie's been on overtime for like a year.

ducky - JN Staff, 08/10/2019, 6:45 am NST
@catsrnice

There is noting to fix about KQ because they don't have it. It was never transferred over. They'd have to make it from the start

@mistyraider - that is exactly what it is

dave - JN Staff, 08/10/2019, 9:05 am NST
@Ducky: They didn't lose the game in the server transfer. At Viacom, they had to run the game on some special backend server software that they couldn't re-obtain for some reason after the server migration. So the game just wouldn't run. (Something like a PC game only being compatible with, say, Windows 7 and not being able to run on Windows 10--but that's a loose analogy.)

bagnold, 08/10/2019, 9:58 am NST
They need to bring back World Challenge. If they can't bring it back then give people that own map pieces a chance to redeem them. Many of us have a lot in our SDB and are unusable at this point.

mlp_joy, 08/10/2019, 10:29 am NST
I wish TNT would let us redeem our KQ codes so we can unlock our tokens. I never really played KQ much but I loved collecting the plush and tokens.

I would also like to ask them about Petpet Park. I know it's never coming back but users that spent NC there were supposed to receive a gift on neopets. That never happened. (Go figure)

escrainus, 08/10/2019, 10:58 am NST
I didn't knew of the PPP NC thing but sadly it doesn't surprise me.

And yes, I was of the opinion that they should had took the site temporarily offline when they migrated so they could fix everything, leaving only some sort of hub where people would see news or status updates and chat in the meantime.

1jediboy, 08/10/2019, 7:47 pm NST
@fenix - +2

Random Event notification bar: YES!

"NC item planning" YES! I'd love to help with that too! Any content that becomes canon! (Personally, I'd rather share PB colour ideas. )

"Can frozen accounts be automatically removed from the leaderboards/shop wizard/ect.?" PLEASE! DX

"Can there be a faster way to move items from old accounts to a new one (both neopoint items and neocash items)?" YE... Huh?> "we could try, unfortunately that will make it easier for cheaters as well so we'd have to be very careful how we did this." Ohhh... I guess that means side-account linking won't happen. Ok. As long as it keeps the site safe.

"Out of the 50+ Neopets we have, only 2 have Silver Morphing Potions." SERIOUSLY?!?! D:

1jediboy, 08/10/2019, 7:48 pm NST
I think romance is okay as long as it's rated-G and not PG-13 or R!
The "Random Oddness" comic seems to be doing that quite well!
I've got my own Neopets-romance story in my head that I'd like to tell, as well as several other neopians probably do so to.

I'm not sure if LGBT exists on neopia because I think... ANY form of love past kissing doesn't EXIST on Neopia. I have a headcanon that Neopia has "parthenogenesis" machines build up around the lands because neopians are incapable of... growing babies in a cabbage patch with diamonds... like other races like the "Homo Sapiens" are capable of doing. It would explain how malleable colour, species and gender are in Neopian families.

What I'm trying to say is...
I DO want romance... as long as it's wholesome and innocent. <3

On the coming soon page: "The Fog has settled.."

1jediboy, 08/10/2019, 7:48 pm NST
On the coming soon page: "The Fog has settled.."

LUTARI ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!

"I would love to hold all pets on one account, would that someday be feasible?" "we would definitely like to keep adding pets allowed on the account," Ooh! Looks like we might get that "super-sized" account anyway!

Symol Hole and Grave Danger as methods to getting petpets is perfect! It would definitely drum up business to the two not-as-popular dailies.

Honestly, I'm glad I started playing! L&L is AWESOME! The account syncing shouldn't deter you guys. This game is REALLY fun! I'm not kidding, I play this game past 3AM!

I have a few questions and suggestions for them, but I want to be known as the one who asked it... is that petty? I just want to help the site, but I also want to be appreciated for the site-helping ideas if they gets implemented. Wouldn't you want recognition for your contributions?

herdy - JN Staff, 08/11/2019, 6:53 am NST
FYI the fog has settled is meaning the end of TWR. The page wasn’t actually updated

1jediboy, 08/11/2019, 3:21 pm NST
Oh... Thank you for letting me know.

dave - JN Staff, 08/12/2019, 1:19 pm NST
@escrainus: They did take the site offline during the transition. It was down for almost 2 full days: http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=archives&year=2014&month=9&page=2