All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Earn NP from playing games!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!

Message About Overpowered from TNT
  • Posted on July 30, 2019, 2:28 pm NST

Did you order (or "pre-order") Neopets merchandise from Overpowered last year? Unfortunately, Overpowered's business owner got in over their head and could not fulfill any of the promised pre-orders, leaving many Neopians without their items or their money.

If you were one of the affected Neopians, TNT has posted this message on their Twitter account:

Hello Neopians! If you placed an order a while back with Overpowered and DID NOT receive your merch, then please send us a Twitter DM with your receipt and address. We sincerely apologize for the trouble and we're looking into ways to make it up to you. Thank you!

It looks like Jumpstart has acquired Overpowered's old business records. If you have a Twitter account, dig up your Overpowered receipt/confirmation # and the address you used for shipping, and then send that information over via a Direct Message to Twitter user @Neopets:

Send a DM »

In a few reply tweets, TNT has clarified what information they're looking for:

Hello! Please send whatever information you have! (screenshots, email, mailing address, name, etc). From there we can look into an order list to match the information. Thank you!

Yes! Screenshots would be perfect, thank you!

We are not sure what kind of compensation is being offered yet, but we'll update if we find out more.

UPDATE: As of this afternoon, 7/30, a message was posted in New Features, and it looks like TNT is requesting that for now, all messages be submitted via Twitter DM. If you do not have a Twitter account but still want to possibly be compensated, we'd recommend making a dummy email to create a dummy Twitter account—or wait it out to see if TNT changes their minds.

UPDATE 2: As of 7/31, TNT has posted a follow-up which says you can email a request (with all the information they are asking for) direct to community@neopets.com if you do not wish to make a Twitter account:

Hello! No one is forced to do anything! 😱 Our Social Media team took initiative to help users who didn't get their Overpowered merch, so that's why info is preferred on Twitter. It keeps things much more organized, and making an account is free! However we are also going to allow emails to community@neopets.com. Hope that helps, thanks!
mzlish, 07/30/2019, 2:41 pm NST
Aw, well at least TNT is trying to find a way to make it up to those that got jipped... even though its been several months

summerofjoy, 07/30/2019, 3:09 pm NST
I do hope they have some other way except social media in which we can send information. I pre-ordered with Overpowered a year ago and got nothing. I paid around $100, so if TNT want to compensate in some manner, I wouldn't be unhappy. Though it isn't really their fault.

dave - JN Staff, 07/30/2019, 3:50 pm NST
@summerofjoy: I hope so as well, but if they don't... I'd sign up for a Twitter account with a dummy email to get $100 back.

protovolve, 07/30/2019, 3:58 pm NST
Hopefully there'll be another way to contact them besides social media but if not, guess I got an excuse to make a Twitter account..

purplebin, 07/30/2019, 4:22 pm NST
Neo seems to be down.

purplebin, 07/30/2019, 4:29 pm NST
Now it's struggling back, I was just able to see the New Features page and it includes the Overpowered news.

pikachu315111, 07/30/2019, 4:41 pm NST
Most likely compensate with either NC or Premium access, can't see them giving money refunds.

pikachu315111, 07/30/2019, 4:42 pm NST
Neo is also not loading for me.

contessa, 07/30/2019, 4:45 pm NST
It has been down for almost half hour and before than it was loading reallly slowly. Why?? Why when I was just coming on ...

sketch, 07/30/2019, 5:15 pm NST
DD news from Jade: "Hey guys,
If everything goes as planned it will be releasing tomorrow! But if there are any hiccups I will let you guys know asap."

morganjoisle, 07/30/2019, 7:28 pm NST
Uggg, makes me glad I never ordered merch from Overpowered even though the keychains were adorable.

This is some of the worst customer service I've seen to date. Making someone go through social media to receive a refund is ridiculous. Not everyone had Twitter or wnats to make a Twitter account.

kgoh, 07/31/2019, 12:15 am NST
I managed to get a refund from Jumpstart through Paypal. If any of you paid using Paypal, try that. Try to always make online purchases through Paypal to safeguard yourselves.

kgoh, 07/31/2019, 12:18 am NST
Correction to above comment: Refund from Overpowered, not Jumpstart.. XD

zeelink, 07/31/2019, 12:42 am NST
The guy wasn't 'in over his head', he was a straight up Ethiopian scammer. I'm surprised we didn't get a mail about a large inheritance we could claim....

dr_tomoe, 07/31/2019, 1:12 am NST
As bad as this was, I hope this doesn't turn them off from doing merch.

I'd love to get some more RL Neo Merch. Or for the card game to make a comeback.

_sissiy_sis_369, 07/31/2019, 1:36 am NST
Luckily I filed with paypal and got my money back before the 6 month mark

mistyraider, 07/31/2019, 2:38 am NST
Overpowered HAD merch the first time items were offered -- I ordered a set of three keychains, and they were delivered. They are pretty cute. Not sure how they couldn't make more, but I'm glad I wasn't temped to order again.

I hope everyone who didn't get their orders gets the compensation they should.

_sissiy_sis_369, 07/31/2019, 4:14 am NST
I got the baby pins they first released and they are great quality! Still sad not to get the baby aisha one

ducky - JN Staff, 07/31/2019, 4:47 am NST
Not sure how they couldn't make more
I (assume) they took preorders to get money to make the pins but did not get enough.

Or made first patch too much and didn't sell as much they thought they would.

Also (as very antisocialmediaperson) - using Twitter is really annoying as a resolve, but quickest way to handle this.

targoefista, 07/31/2019, 4:56 am NST
I got my first set of pins, but when I ordered the baby ones I never received them. Glad TNT is doing something about it.

neocoladude, 07/31/2019, 7:37 am NST
If they're not plush, or the old TCG, I don't need the Neo merch, simple as that. As such, I never bothered to get these.

adventurer262, 07/31/2019, 2:44 pm NST
I got the baby shoyru pin several months ago and was thinking about getting the red shoyru pin and keychain. It's a shame this is falling out, but I'd still try to buy neopets merch when I can.

cat, 07/31/2019, 8:38 pm NST
This actually isn't the first time I've heard of this happening with Overpowered, a couple years ago there was something going around the Pokemon fan community that they'd apparently not been good about supplying Pokemon Go team items that they'd been selling online.

protovolve, 08/1/2019, 5:41 am NST
According to some replies on their Facebook post, they prefer people using Twitter to DM their info but if people don't have a Twitter and don't want to make one, they can send an e-mail to: community@neopets.com

protovolve, 08/1/2019, 5:43 am NST
I'll try the e-mail first since I REALLY don't wanna make a Twitter but I might end up doing so anyway just to be on the safe side...

protovolve, 08/1/2019, 10:33 am NST
I sent the email and they replied!

"Hello,

Thank you for reaching out we will go ahead and add you to the list of users who have ordered from overpowered, and will keep you updated as we move forward.

-TNT"

dave - JN Staff, 08/1/2019, 2:00 pm NST
@protovolve Nice to see they're giving back quick confirmations! Please keep us updated on what new information they may share with you once they decide what to do.

protovolve, 08/1/2019, 6:25 pm NST
I will

ducky - JN Staff, 08/2/2019, 2:55 am NST
They were actually selling ("selling" something PoGo related? How they got away with it? Nintendo is very, very, very, VERY strict about their stuff and their IPs.

cat, 08/2/2019, 2:18 pm NST
Pokémon Go was developed by Niantic, so maybe Niantic is allowed to license characters that are exclusive to Pokémon Go, like the 3 team leaders and team insignias. Although since the insignias are based on the legendary birds that’s more iffy. It wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened.

joe, 08/2/2019, 4:36 pm NST
The pogo items they were selling were NOT licensed by pokemon or niantic.. (team logo pins for those curious). I imagine if they actually continued to sell them theyd have received one of Nintendos famous cease and desist orders. (Its pertinent to note that as part of the agreement of Pokemon Go, The Pokemon Company has become a major investor in Niantic, so they wont be doing anything against them..)