Altador Cup VII
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Help us model your pets!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup XV

Ruki Day Roundup
  • Posted on July 29, 2019, 1:05 pm NST

Ruki Day is today! So far, one new colour is out for Rukis:

Ice

And Rukis receive a new candy inspired outfit:

_rodeo_, July 29, 2019 1:09 PM NST
Aw, I was really hoping for Transparent.
themeepit32, July 29, 2019 1:53 PM NST
Transparent would be interesting for an insect
bonju, July 29, 2019 1:57 PM NST
I thought it was Jelly for a second
170, July 29, 2019 2:10 PM NST
Anyone have any luck getting to create a Ruki today? I've been checking in off and on and no dice yet
sliced_ramen, July 29, 2019 3:12 PM NST
Candy Ruki Dress
Candy Ruki Lollipop
Candy Ruki Shoes
Candy Ruki Wig

Not very fond of the color and also the fact its another species getting only one color.
purplebin, July 29, 2019 3:59 PM NST
I like the outfit, but TNT still thinks there is an Ice Paint Brush.
They released the Desert Princess Peophin outfit, too.
topaz644, July 29, 2019 4:27 PM NST
Desert Princess Peophin looks like she is fighting her way out of a sack that was filled with too much... stuff.

Individually the pieces might work but it's all too too much. That wig. ugh
topaz644, July 29, 2019 4:29 PM NST
I mean, the hair by itself looks nice. The cap and beads? No.
topologist, July 29, 2019 4:29 PM NST
The "Ice PB" gaffe is literally what drove me here to comment. XD

Agreed topaz, I think some of the individual pieces are useful, particularly the tail-piece, but not together, no. Species outfits tend to be very hit or miss. The Elegant Krawk one has to be one of my favourites in awhile. :o
topaz644, July 29, 2019 4:37 PM NST
The candy Ruki outfit is cute. Yeah it too is a lot but it flows well.

I like the way the dress fits. Too many Ruki outfits just make me want to sing a certain big butt song *lol*
katina_choovanski, July 29, 2019 4:40 PM NST
I do not usually care for Rukis, but this color changes my mind. Although with that bright of a color, it would be challenging to make it look feminine/customize.
katina_choovanski, July 29, 2019 4:41 PM NST
But I still like it enough to convert.
topaz644, July 29, 2019 4:45 PM NST
I have a Hallow Ruki and she is pretty much languishing on a side acct. I've been toying with bringing her to my main and the candy outfit might do it
topaz644, July 29, 2019 4:52 PM NST
As for the Peo...I wish they hadn't tied and ended the outfit at the fins/feet. Lose the shoes and let the pants flow onto them and trail off in wisps..
1jediboy, July 29, 2019 10:44 PM NST
“Ice” to see they didn’t leave us “cold.” *rim-shot*
faellie_ridiculous, July 29, 2019 11:53 PM NST
Disappointing for Ruki fans to get a zap only color. My sister has been waiting for years to paint her Halloween Ruki transparent. Or even stealthy. Burlap would have been a good choice too.
stepupfairy, July 30, 2019 12:18 PM NST
faellie_ridiculous - I feel transparent would have been ace! Not willing to risk zapping for this though unfortunately
mavegibson, July 30, 2019 12:58 PM NST
That really is a cute staff.
uninspired, July 30, 2019 3:25 PM NST
Are new players barred from making limited edition pets or something? I decided to make a new Neopets account for old time's sake after being off it for several years and was hoping to get a Ruki, but no matter how many times I checked the Create a Pet page, there were never any there. I made my account on July 15th. Is that too new, or was I just out of luck?
uninspired, August 5, 2019 6:48 PM NST
Never mind. They released some Rukis today, so I was able to make one. It's too bad I wasn't able to take advantage of having it on its actual pet day this year, but oh well.