Altador Cup VII
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Help us model your pets!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup XV

Neopets at Comic-Con Recap
  • Posted on July 25, 2019, 11:51 am NST

Our recap coverage for this year's Comic-Con event is finally here! Apologies for the delay, there was just so much content at this year's after party that it took a bit longer to get it all together for you!

Not only was TNT on hand to mingle and answer questions, but two new big projects were unveiled and were available to be demoed: Neopets X and Neopets Mobile! And we've got videos and photos of it all!

Special thanks this year goes to meblackittymage13 and Cassie for photographs and write ups of their experiences! We also had Perry, Ummy, and Herdy on the ground at the After Party to get you the full scoop!

inkpot, July 25, 2019 3:08 PM NST
neopets x looks great, honestly, it's so adorable. ;o;

thank you for your coverage! very interesting!
anomally, July 25, 2019 4:20 PM NST
If they still have some of the physical items, I'd love to buy those.

I hope it was very successful though and that a lot of people went!
arabian_horses_rock, July 25, 2019 7:04 PM NST
"Don't tell anyone, but we're thinking about making them [petpets] a wearable option," says the staff member on a video intended to be posted on the most popular neo fan site.
rosi, July 25, 2019 8:16 PM NST
Do you know the wearable Petpet idea popped into my mind as soon as wearable items came into being? :O!!! But then I put it aside for fear that the prices would skyrocket.

I also would love a Neopets-themed world building game (not app please, I have no mobile).

Seriously, this whole event looked awesome! Thank you for letting us know about it
wlo68, July 25, 2019 8:25 PM NST
It would be cool if they based Neopets X around Lutari island had had us playing the role of rebuilding the island. Makes sense to me at least, with the main npc being a Lutari and all.
1jediboy, July 25, 2019 11:05 PM NST
^*realization* 😱

IT IS LUTARI ISLAND!!!!! Why else would they be hiding the official app name from us!?!?

All of the original Lutaries (lutari = singular?) left the island in a mass exodus when they realized the storms would never pass. That’s why there’s supposedly only one; Who happens to be prominent!

What if the hooded figure in the newspaper is the guy who cast the storm spell on Lutari Island in the first place!!!

If the island was ravaged then that means that all of the original Neopets mobile features that were on the island before are gone!

***

Omaglob! I need that merch like I need air! 😝
I was literally looking for good neopets T-shirts just a few weeks ago!!!

Thank you for the guide, Jellyneo!
ducky - JN Staff, July 26, 2019 6:20 AM NST
Rip those pins.

Sincerely,
Avid pin collector
(my old Boston Bruins cap is FULL of pins)
mandypandy667, July 26, 2019 9:53 PM NST
Man I wish I could have gone to this. It looks like so much fun
zeelink, July 26, 2019 11:31 PM NST
Maaan, I am so sad I couldn't go. But glad to see JS is so ambitious. Hope they can pull it all off!
jawsch, July 27, 2019 8:18 PM NST
@1jediboy: I don't think it's that they're hiding the app name from us. They haven't come up with one yet. They said they were open to idea and were considering some sort of poll or community submission voting once they were further along in the development.
petitehirondelline, July 28, 2019 8:24 AM NST
Who's on the first picture there?
herdy - JN Staff, July 28, 2019 10:26 AM NST
Neither of them have official staff names yet.
1jediboy, July 28, 2019 9:30 PM NST
@Jawsh - Oh... They haven't? Hmm...

Maybe they chose to not come up with concept names BECAUSE of the Lutari Island twist?

If not, and Dacardia is a completely different place, where do you think Dacardia is on the map?
Maybe it's that backwards question-mark-shaped island to the west of Altador.
jawsch, July 29, 2019 7:29 AM NST
I definitely got a Lutari Island vibe when I saw the art book and what not. It's entirely possible that's where they're going with it especially since the main character is a Lutari.

But I asked the guy and he said it's all new lore, new characters, new everything. So, who knows.
1jediboy, July 29, 2019 12:16 PM NST
You were there? Awesome! Hopefully, even though it's new lore, they're still willing to incorporate other Neopian lands. Maybe that could be an educational aspect! Like how some countries rely on other countries to export goods!