The Daily Dare has returned!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Daily Dare

Twitter Q&A with Scrappy
  • Posted on July 23, 2019, 1:33 pm NST

This past weekend, Scrappy answered a few questions that were posted to Twitter with hashtag #NeoAskScrappy. Questions are now closed and answers are posted, so here are the highlights:

Q1: "will we ever see anything from the darkest faerie ps2 again"

A: I've heard about this one a surprising amount! We'd love to be able to do something with the game but it's not in the plans right now. We've so many things we're trying to get done but in the future, who knows!

Q2: "will Neopets be converted to HTML before Flash loses support in 2020"

A: YES! We're currently in the process of moving everything over, those at #SDCC were able to see a small preview of what that will look like. Of course, there is just so much on the site so it will probably be rolled out piece by piece over time.

Q3: "will the games be revamped to be played on mobile"

A: yes we want to bring them over to mobile. Of course some stuff will have to change but they'll still be the games you know and love. We have a few on mobile already and are looking into how many to bring vs how many new ones to bring in too!

Q4: "will there ever be a full web experience for a mobile Neopets client/app?"

A: Yes there will be for sure!! It will start as just the mobile version of the website, but an app is definitely in our future plans too! One step at a time!!

Q5: "will the nearly abandoned attic ever reopen?"

A: Never say never, but with everything going on it isn't in our current plans. However, we are listening to you guys and want your feedback on everything so keep reaching out and we'll try to do as much as we can for you guys.

Q6: "more veteran perks?"

A: I know I know! It's absolutely crazy trying to keep up with you guys!! We'll see what we can do though about getting more of those veteran perks for you guys because you're all amazing and so loyal you definitely deserve to be rewarded!

Q7: "more avatars? (Amount of books read, higher rarity books)"

A: We seriously LOVE getting stuff like avatar ideas from you guys! I will definitely bring this to the content team and see what they say. Gotta reward all those bookworms out there!!

Q8: " Will Keyquest be back for the app release?"

A: No, Keyquest will not be back for the mobile release of Neopets. Maybe down the road we will look at it but converting all of flash to mobile is our mainly (and very time consuming) priority.

Q9: " Can we have a return of the old Charity Corner format?"

A: Hm, decisions like those are out of my hands but I will see if we can do a throwback style Charity Corner sometime.

Q10: "Will some of the dormant Techo character make an appearance in a plot, or other site features or items?"

A: Yeah there are definitely lots of characters that have been kept on the DL for a few years now that we know will be back one day. I can't say anything for certain but I will see if I can find out anything on any dormant characters that we might see again soon!

Q11: "Would TNT ever consider resetting/wiping scores for 'All Time' leaderboards?"

A: This is a super interesting idea! Especially considering our move to mobile we're trying to figure out what we keep/start over, so I'll definitely bring this up to the team & get their thoughts!

Q12: "Neopets @OriginalFunko pops?"

A: Not only do I love this idea but I might've asked for it once or twice myself! We will have to see what we can do for you guys here, with redeemable prize codes of course….

Q13: " Will the Neoboards chat filter ever reflect the current adult players?"

A: So, we have definitely gotten this question a few times. The short answer is no. The long answer is even though we know our player base has grown up with this game, it's still a kid friendly environment and community. Neopets will always be a safe and open space for everyone so we have to keep it that way. Sorry guys!

Q14: "Will we be ever to own more Neopets?"

A: I mean, how many until you start neglecting some of them??? We cannot be responsible for hungry and sad Neopets running wild!! (but maybe sometime soon….)

And that's it! Stay tuned to Jellyneo, we're still preparing our full coverage of Comic-Con, the Neopets After Party, and the new mobile experiences that were announced and demoed! Check back by the end of this week for a recap with photos and videos of the event!
_sissiy_sis_369, 07/23/2019, 2:15 pm NST
I dont like that, 'trying to figure out what we keep/start over' part. :o

sakibou, 07/23/2019, 2:29 pm NST
Why is everyone so fixated on having more Neopets?? I genuinely do not understand why 5/6 isn't enough.

Also, I would be quite sad if they made major changes to games I enjoy.

beyondelsewhere, 07/23/2019, 4:20 pm NST
Neopet.
Funko.
POPS.

Yes. Yes please. Yes please with whipped cream and a cherry on top.

1jediboy, 07/23/2019, 4:27 pm NST
Why is it nobody asks for a Jelly World redraw? 😑

A. For question 11: For posterity and out of respect to those who worked so hard to get those high scores, is there anyway Jellyneo can put the original all-time high score list in your guides? That way the original names aren’t lost but it also gives new users the chance to get those trophies as well as honoring those who still worked so hard in the first place. 😊

B. For question 12: *my actual reaction*:
OOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!! FUNCOP... FUN, FUNCOP... *tries to pronounce correctly* FUNKO POP!!! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!!

*A few minutes of composure later*

If they do that and make funko pop figures of neopets characters, then they can finally release all of those price code items that are unobtainable!

End of the week? That’s too far away!

anomally, 07/23/2019, 4:28 pm NST
Goodness I can't believe that they're going to do all of that with a what, 7 person team? That's amazing and I am happy that they seem so dedicated to bringing the site back.

Also I would buy 100% of all Neopet Funk POPs!

ummy - JN Staff, 07/23/2019, 5:03 pm NST
I've seen Pops of far more obscure things than Neopets so I hope they can at least get 1 made.

theartofscreaming, 07/23/2019, 8:29 pm NST
NEOPETS.FUNKO.POPS. AAAAAAAUUGUHGHGHGGH YESSSSSSS!!!! I would buy those so fast oh my goshssh it'd be like a dream come true.

@1jediboy And yes, the end of the week is way too far away.... I just can't wait that long!

pixiwild, 07/23/2019, 8:51 pm NST
Regarding Question 13: I mean come on it's not like we are asking to be able to swear! but being able to say certain words and even words Neo uses on the website shouldn't be that big of an ask. To me, that answer is BS.

inkpot, 07/23/2019, 10:57 pm NST
@sakibou:
with like 55 neopet species and over 100 different colors how is it hard to understand those who want more slots? lol, especially with more and more new colors being released you can't fault ppl for wanting to be able to own more of their favorite colors or species without having to make sacrifices.

i feel like 6 pets on each account and 7 w/ premium should be the end-all though, or maybe just extend the account limit to 6.

inkpot, 07/23/2019, 11:06 pm NST
also: i don't blame them on not wanting to lighten the profanity/board filters. the "day the mods were gone" left a sour taste in my mouth and proved that there were a lot of ppl who were unreliable and childish. i have no idea how or why it is so funny to some that they were "able to cuss on neopets.com" so much so that they took advantage of it to keep doing it as much as they could that day. like wow, you said a no-no word, hysterical!

escrainus, 07/23/2019, 11:20 pm NST
@sakibou supporting what in @inkbot wrote exactly, I don't see the issue, in the end if we are allowed to have more pets, doesn't means we are forced to have more pets, are you happy with 5, 4, or 1? good, but not because of that the idea of having more pets should be giving a no.

apophis324, 07/24/2019, 12:39 am NST
Haven't we heard that "We're working on getting everything off of Flash and onto mobile" stuff for several years now? I can imagine it taking a lot of time, but this much? Without any result? It doesn't have to be ported all at once, you know.. Why not make sure your website is actually still functioning *cough*Altador Cup Downtime Debacle*cough* before trying all those fancy new things?

A-Also.. nobody sad about a no on KeyQuest? Just me then? O-Okay...

escrainus, 07/24/2019, 12:48 am NST
Keyquest is hard since they must do everything from scratch, or most of it.
I agree they should properly test things but this time they are actually testing the site in mobile in the comic con, not to mention the code is a mess so I want to think part of the dealy is a purge to the code that isn't working or needed anymore.

recklesse, 07/24/2019, 7:14 am NST
------

Yes, but that was the mods not being able to access the site. The profanity filters were still working the same. You still couldn't post words like seaweed or snowballs or christmas crackers. It certainly showed how much more important having live mods was rather than any sort of auto-filtering system.

dave - JN Staff, 07/24/2019, 8:13 am NST
@inkpot: As odd as the "Get in My Skin" fake perk from the 2019 April Fools Charity Corner perk sounded, I thought the idea behind it was kind of cool. Being able to switch between colours on your Neopets would be pretty cool, and might reduce the number of slots people actually want.

dave - JN Staff, 07/24/2019, 8:20 am NST
@apophis324: We have seen incremental updates, actually. Here's what they've been converting to Flash over the past year or so:

- September 2016: AAA's Revenge (arguably their first experiment in HTML games)
- December 2017: Advent Calendar animations (using a modern movie format instead of Flash)
- July 2018: Altador map
- July 2018: Meridell map
- August 2018: Brightvale map
- May 2019: NC Archives Wheel
- And for the past several months, they've been working on a mobile friendly version of the website which we've seen demoed at Comic-Con (stay tuned to JN for previews)

kyrette, 07/24/2019, 8:56 am NST
Q#14 "(but maybe sometime soon….)"
They didn't say "no"? AAAH YES!!
I agree with @inkpot.
"I say they could just mix the idea with loyal user perk, every year (or two) in the site grants one more pet slot, so people can work little by little their customizations and etc. if they don't want to increase in one hit all pet limits."
^This, completely. Why haven't they done this? I mean, that they release more pet slots doesn't mean we're forced to have more pets. I, for one, would put all my favorite pets in my main account.

twocue, 07/24/2019, 10:25 am NST
Personally, the pet slots thing would change EVERYTHING for me. I honestly can't see a big negative to giving us an option to earn or buy pet slots somehow.

I mean, when I get an idea for a new pet I go NUTS. I just HAVE to have it, I buy NC so I can customize it, I'm active on the site trying to trade for items and earn NP to paint them ect.

So isn't that the point? To have fun with your pets? I really hope in the future they will give us an option like this somehow.

escrainus, 07/24/2019, 10:47 am NST
@dave: that wouldn't do it thought... I mean would help with the issue of thousands of combinations, but sometimes one wants to have a pet with a certain name to make it acharacter of its own.
@kyrette @twocue exactly, most people makes sides because of the pets, if people could have more in the main, it would be less likely that people would make sides, it took me +10 years to make 10 pets despite having the chance to make 25, so isn't like everyone will just mass create pets.
And I also think that more pets would mean more NC being bought, more interaction, I mean with only paint brushes, petpets and p3 alone the economy would move enough.

vellen_, 07/24/2019, 1:32 pm NST
Adam and Donna created Neopet for BORED COLLEGE STUDENTS not kids. To continue to call Neopets a site for kids is ridculous. Have any kid try to solve a plot, it's enough of a challenge for adults. Further, those under 13 aren't allowed on the neoboards. I wish these current owners had some concept about this site.

flamezeai, 07/24/2019, 2:16 pm NST
Is anyone else worried neo is going to be super different?

apophis324, 07/25/2019, 12:43 am NST
@flamezeai: Yeah, I am.. I haven't seen the demo version of the mobile site yet, but if it's anything like the changes the devs made to that other Neopets fansite, I fear for the worst and hope for the best..

@dave: While I agree that they're probably trying their hardest and we shouldn't disregard the work they put in the site, there are a few things that bother me about that list you've provided. Personally, I don't think AAA's Revenge is all that good, but that could just be me. While the animations went from flash to actual animations they still lack the spirit. The animations are very basic and the rewards unrelated.
While they made good efforts with the Altador, Meridell and Brightvale maps, we mustn't forget that the Meridell map is still not working 100% as it's supposed to and Brightvale castle is just plain wrong.
Maybe those are all not so much Flash and artistic issues as they are Jumpstart issues though. While they're certainly trying, and kudos for that, they just don't have the same spirit and skills as the old TNT had.

contessa, 07/25/2019, 9:30 am NST
I just want Neopets to continue, hopefully without lag and so that I can continue to enjoy playing it on my old clunky dinosaur of a desktop computer!

mzlish, 07/26/2019, 10:04 am NST
I want more pet slots..
TBH, I can finally freeze my side accounts and never look back! The pets are the reason why I play the site.. also the reason why I lost interest.. because I love to customize and create their backstories. Transferring them is a pain as well as saving their HTML and pasting back on their pages/lookups. I want them on one account as it makes taking care of them easier, and I can do whatever I please with the need of logging in and out. I will buy slots, even. I don't mind that.

We shouldn't feel obligated to fill the pet slots, but I know people love to zap and adopt out, love to customize and love to collect pets. You can't really go wrong with implementing that??? I don't see a negative to it. It encourages NC and NP spending.

mzlish, 07/26/2019, 10:05 am NST
WITHOUT the need of logging in and out*

pikachu315111, 07/28/2019, 2:42 pm NST
Q1: Wouldn't mind seeing another adventure with Tor and Roberta, maybe even have them interacting with other Meridell, Brightvale, and Darigan characters.

Q6: More Loyal User Perks, hmm, trying to think what they could give us besides copies of Boons from the Battlegrounds and Charity Corner. Ooh, maybe one that let us pick multiple Battleground boons: 0-3 years = 1 boon, 4-7 years = 2 boons, 8-12 years = 3 boons, 13-18 years = 4 boons, 19+ years = 5 boons. And/Or maybe even allow us to access boons of other factions which didn't win.

Q8: I agree we got to get the mobile version of the site first... BUT after that KQ should be one of the next ones.

Q9: Or at least combine the two together, is doesn't have to be one or the other. Let us spend points on a variety of "capsule machines".

Q10: Does anyone know what dormant Techo character is being talked about here? Or do they just mean Techo characters in general?

1jediboy, 07/28/2019, 10:21 pm NST
Q:1 PLEASE let them partner with Blizzard! I never play T rated console games, but the resolution and animation on their games are inconceivably amazing!

Q3: Bring all the shockwave/3D plug-in requiring games to mobile first, please!

Q6: 10 Faerieland Employment Agency daily jobs instead of 5!
(10 year minimum.)

Q10: I have no idea either, dude. "Dormant?" What?
Maybe if they let the fanbase write canon stories, WE can develop the details of Neopia's background citizens!

(Q11 & Q12: see my comment above.)

pikachu315111, 07/30/2019, 4:46 pm NST
@1jediboy:
Q1: I think they were asking if they could use aspects from the PS2 game on the site someplace, not make a new console game. Though other then Tor & Roberta and some minor locations, I can't think what else they could use from the game.

1jediboy, 07/31/2019, 12:13 am NST
^Oh... In that case, I would like a visitable "Bogshot." I made up a headcanon connecting this town to MY lore on the site. (Even though I never played the PS2 game. )