Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!

Ducky
Kiko Day Roundup
  • Posted by Ducky
  • Posted on July 17, 2019, 11:03 am NST

We know you've always wanted to own creepy doll Kiko and now you can have one:

Burlap

And Kikos have received a new petpet-themed outfit, perfect for dressing up as a Spyder this Halloween:

1mimi290, 07/17/2019, 11:21 am NST
wow it looks great. I can not WAIT for more burlap pets

misabella, 07/17/2019, 11:23 am NST
i love him

zixianna, 07/17/2019, 11:49 am NST
Woah, neat

mavegibson, 07/17/2019, 11:49 am NST
Burlap pets have been exceptionally well drawn. Looking forward to seeing how other species look in this color.

roo_, 07/17/2019, 12:26 pm NST
nice

clovermeadows, 07/17/2019, 12:52 pm NST
at first, i was sort of in a "eh, this color's okay" but all of the burlap pets so far look really good, and now i really want a burlap kiko....

1jediboy, 07/17/2019, 1:07 pm NST
The single button is a nice touch! The rip on the top for the seam to come off as hair is very thoughtful!

escrainus, 07/17/2019, 1:15 pm NST
Burlap is one of the best colors ever made, so glad people finally sees it

Now I can't wait for more burlap pets, oh how I wish they could launch more than one burlap at the time, the wait is painful

mavegibson, 07/17/2019, 1:55 pm NST
@escrainus I was one of the people who hated the color when it was first proposed, and I still stand behind that position because the burlap lenny is - in my opinion - hideous.

From my perspective they introduced the color using an ugly representation of it and I disliked it, but they've since released a string of excellent - truly excellent - burlap pets, and my feelings about burlap as a color have done a complete 180. My feelings about the burlap lenny remain unchanged, though.

ryizen, 07/17/2019, 2:34 pm NST
I totally don't get why this colour didn't win the poll. Even if people didn't like the Lenny. It was SO obvious this colour had (and HAS) a LOT of potential. Unlike most of the more recent ones...

inkpot, 07/17/2019, 2:40 pm NST
i think burlap looks great, it's just not my style and i'd never want one personally.

i voted for steampunk because -- while not into the theme -- i could at least see myself wanting a nice dark brown or maroon base. it's a more flexible color than burlap, seeing as we could remove the clothes.

that said, i feel the kiko got it pretty good today?
nice color and the outfit is super adorable, imo.

mavegibson, 07/17/2019, 4:24 pm NST
I think part of the difficulty of a paint brush color poll is that the poll is always more of a reflection of our imagination than of what the color will end up being. You never know what you're going to get from the actual color. For example, I think in the poll I might have voted for toy (I can't remember 100%). I was excited about the possibilities for that color, as it could be taken in all sorts of fun directions. But all we've gotten are drab, half-hearted repeats of the same plastic pet we got in the poll. Nothing creative has been done with toy at all.

Meanwhile burlap seems to be trying to outdo itself in terms of creativity and superb execution with every new pet that comes out.

mavegibson, 07/17/2019, 4:26 pm NST
Thankfully they ended up releasing all the colors in the end, so we've got nothing to complain about except the execution of the colors in some cases.

faellie_ridiculous, 07/17/2019, 4:47 pm NST
I voted for burlap. Thought it had great customization potential. Many of the multi-colored pb treatments are too busy for my taste. Hoping for a burlap aisha in January.

topologist, 07/17/2019, 5:16 pm NST
I did not have high expectations of burlap--I'm pretty sure I didn't vote for it in the poll--but it really has outdone itself, with each pet made. Just wow. :o

vaporesque, 07/18/2019, 3:51 am NST
Can not believe nobody commented on the clothes. SOOOO cute.

Considering a costume side account, and this Spyder Kiko would be a must.

insane000illusions, 07/18/2019, 6:27 am NST
Well look at this little spooky thing. I knew Burlap would be awesome.

sushied, 07/18/2019, 4:15 pm NST