Altador Cup VII
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Create your own wishlists!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup XV

Half Price Items Alert!
Today is Half Price Day in all of the official Neopian Shops! Enjoy restocking items for half of their restock price until midnight NST tonight. [Close Alerts]
Acara Water Festival Roundup
  • Posted on June 28, 2019, 11:48 am NST

The Acara Water Festival is about to begin, with some new colours and clothing for Acaras to celebrate.

Maractite | Candy

A new outfit, Abonimable Snowball, has also been released for Acaras:

mavegibson, June 28, 2019 12:25 PM NST
Both colors are adorable. Well done.
biediep, June 28, 2019 12:27 PM NST
Not crazy about the colors but the wig and scarf look very cute ~
bonju, June 28, 2019 12:43 PM NST
The candy acara is making me anxious. There's something off
remy, June 28, 2019 12:51 PM NST
@bonju For some reason they kept the outline of the mouth jet black.
There's an artist there that keeps doing this with eyes, ears, noses etc. Sometimes the whole outline.

They usually play it very safe with the designs too, I mean, this is just a basic Blue Acara with sparkles. I've come to call them "Artist B" and I'm starting to really notice their work from the other designer/s.
maple_snow, June 28, 2019 12:54 PM NST
Yay for a winter outfit!
dave - JN Staff, June 28, 2019 1:08 PM NST
@remy: It's actually quite possible that the preview they generated here is just using the wrong mouth asset. We'd have to see someone with an actual Candy Acara to see if that's the case or not, though.
remy, June 28, 2019 1:14 PM NST
@dave Ah, fair enough, that makes sense. I always see updates here first before anywhere else anyway.
anomally, June 28, 2019 1:31 PM NST
Well the candy one also looks like it has a solid nose too, when I think some of the other ones have had candy noses? Idk. I like both colors okay, but I don't have any Acaras anyway XD

I just find the tutu color to be off for the outfit. Why did they go with light blue when the scarf and had are green and red with no light blue?
purplebin, June 28, 2019 1:58 PM NST
The black mouth is shown in the Rainbow Pool, too. They did the same thing with the Toy Cybunny, and it's really distracting.
I'm not wondering why the tutu is light blue, but why it's not even whiter, since it's supposed to represent the body of an Abominable Snowball.
sketch, June 28, 2019 2:46 PM NST
I don't see any black on the candy one, the mouth is a nice dark blue. So i'm guessing they updated it unless i'm missing something...
purplebin, June 28, 2019 3:31 PM NST
Oh, yes, they have fixed the candy mouth and nose! Very nice.
ladyamethyst, June 28, 2019 4:59 PM NST
The Maractite's mid-face markings are off-center :/
ladyamethyst, June 28, 2019 5:01 PM NST
Ew, so's the chest marking I can't unsee that.
1jediboy, June 28, 2019 7:36 PM NST
MAUI’S HOOK IS ON THE MARACTITE ACARA’S SHOULDER!!!

(🎶You’re welcome!🎶)
mandypandy667, June 28, 2019 8:18 PM NST
I really love the candy one
cat, June 28, 2019 8:55 PM NST
They're both pretty.
stepupfairy, June 29, 2019 6:54 AM NST
What a surprise, people moaning about it!

I think the candy one looks pretty, reminds me of stars in a galaxy lol
ladyamethyst, June 29, 2019 8:30 AM NST
@stepupfairy: Off-center art has been a pet peeve of mine for over 30 years. For every character drawing, you always find the center to balance the entire image. Honestly, the only "moaning" I see is my "ew". All other comments are critique.
stepupfairy, June 29, 2019 11:07 AM NST
ladyamethyst - fair enough if it annoys you lol, seems a bit pedantic to me as something to highlight! each to their own

just used to seeing sniping comments on every single thing they put out tbh, its like they cant do 'owt right bless them