Altador Cup XIV
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Altador Cup Begins
  • Posted on June 4, 2019, 12:09 am NST

UPDATE: The issue is fixed and scores are now counting!

The Altador Cup has begun the first day of live play! However, as is tradition, things aren't currently working properly. Scores are not being added to rank totals at the moment and it is unlikely they are counting for your team. We recommend waiting until this is fixed before playing more.

Here's an official announcement regarding the scoring not counting:

Official notice from the Altador Cup Committee: Due to irregularities with the scoring system, we advise all players to wait for further updates before resuming gameplay for their teams. Any inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.

So far, it appears that there have been no changes to last year in terms of tournament setup, or captchas. Daily caps also appear unchanged.

As you play through this year's tournament, share your progress on your userlookup, petpage, gallery, or wherever, by creating an Altador Cup Record image! You can pick one of many styles to showcase your current progress:

v1cky_, 06/4/2019, 12:39 am NST
lol of course it wouldn't work

zeelink, 06/4/2019, 12:49 am NST
Ah, the traditional beginning of the AC glitch XD

mamsmelk_jr, 06/4/2019, 1:59 am NST
Of course it's not working, I really should not have expected anything different well it gives me some time to finish my cleaning so I'm done by the time the AC starts working again.

1jediboy, 06/4/2019, 2:29 am NST
*blows vuvuzela* YOOYUBAAAAAAAAALL!!!!!

itaxerxes, 06/4/2019, 2:41 am NST
Too bad they broke it.

lillian94, 06/4/2019, 7:36 am NST

marc, 06/4/2019, 7:47 am NST

rallygou, 06/4/2019, 9:10 am NST
oh no

parody_ham, 06/4/2019, 9:30 am NST
Argh. A bit frustrating, but at least they're working on it

themeepit32, 06/4/2019, 10:09 am NST
I wonder of this is going to be a counter to bots?
Unfortunately I don't think it's going to work

escrainus, 06/4/2019, 10:14 am NST

alltimemarr, 06/4/2019, 11:08 am NST
Seems like scores are registering now!!!

sakeru187, 06/4/2019, 1:41 pm NST
Anyone know if the max out scores are the same for this year?

yekith, 06/4/2019, 4:15 pm NST
I'm wondering if what's needed to reach each level changed. Cause I didn't get to level 1 until the 21st yyb game. But now being at 22 ~absolutecorruption is telling me I can reach level 2 with only 15 which, can't be.

Assuming that page is basing this on last year's data...

yekith, 06/4/2019, 4:15 pm NST

Assuming that page is basing this on last year's data...

yekith, 06/4/2019, 4:17 pm NST
(no idea why that posted twice -i clicked once!)

yekith, 06/4/2019, 4:19 pm NST
No, wait...it says the same on Neopets itself. Now I'm so confused. Why do I need fewer games for level 2 than i did for 1? O_o

escrainus, 06/4/2019, 4:57 pm NST
Because they know people gets bored exponentially with each passing level so they need to lower the games needed to avoid boredoom

yekith, 06/4/2019, 5:03 pm NST
It would be awesome (although I can imagine the complaints xD) if by the time we have to reach All-Star, 5 SOSD is enough. xD

I was already bored after 1 game.

escrainus, 06/4/2019, 5:11 pm NST
TBH AC has lost a lot of its charm, dunno why they took out the achivements they introduced one of the cups, having milestones during an event makes the grinding less painful rather thatn gathering points for who knows what at the end of the event.

yekith, 06/4/2019, 5:22 pm NST
I didn't play on that one but it sounds like it'd help a LOT.

tsadadey, 06/4/2019, 5:26 pm NST
It let me send 401 scores for SOSD, so I guess that's the max for that game.

yekith, 06/4/2019, 6:07 pm NST
21 yyb games (or equivalent of course) to level 1, 15 more for 2, 18 more for 3....

I'm guessing it's gonna go up normally now and the first one needing more is so it's not that easy for people who only play to level 1.

1jediboy, 06/4/2019, 6:09 pm NST
To shake up the cup a little and add some 🔥, I think that there should be a NEW Yooyuball team!
There are still some worlds that don’t have teams yet that could!

Team Neopia Central!: It would be made up of five Neopia Central shopkeepers! Kind of like when certain companies get sports teams! I know for a FACT that the smoothie shop guy would play!

Team Neovia!: Their uniforms would look somewhat Victorian, and introducing them first would open up a good excuse lore-wise. Two to five years ago I joked about a new Neovian team and that the Haunted Woods was “up in arms!” They would protest that year and make room for the new team! Then they come back next year with ANOTHER new team.

Team Meri Acres!: ... They smell very bad... and they win that year because nobody wants to steal the ball from them.

Team Qasala!: Emerged after the new Neo-event, these guys trained at the Qasala training school, (WHICH NEEDS TO BE MADE!), and is ready to play! The last event said how prosperous Qasala is now, so why not a yooyuball team?

Team Geraptiku!: ... A group of ghosts revealed to be living in the temple!

Team Lutari Island!: A few natives swam away from the torrential storms of their island and is playing yooyuball to pass the time until the storm subsides!

Team Jelly World!: Because... COME ON!!! The practice team is OBVIOUSLY from there! LET THEM PLAY IN THE MAIN TOURNAMENT!!!

anchovy, 06/4/2019, 6:31 pm NST
I highkey the subtle shoutout to virtupets in the example image

Let's go VP!!!!

yekith, 06/4/2019, 6:33 pm NST
Nah, I just want changes to make the playing less boring and repetitive!

smoothie_king_xiii, 06/5/2019, 12:11 am NST
Looks like team avatars from this year are not replacing team avatars from last year. I've got two 2018 AC Team avatars as of this morning.

combustibles, 06/5/2019, 3:59 pm NST
I didn't think it was possible for me to hate the minigames more than I already did but TNT went and added captchas to think this would remove cheating.

I'm crying with laughter, JumpStaff has NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE DOING

bodhi, 06/5/2019, 7:16 pm NST
@combustibles I rather liked the minis, but I'm not going to bother with them this year, because I cba waiting for them to reload every time I play.

cat, 06/6/2019, 1:38 am NST
I second yekith - I don't give a flying fart about adding new teams, to me that would just prolong the suffering by adding more days. I'd rather change up the system to make the cup fun and less grindy. Also mobile compatible games so I can maybe play on my tablet and watch TV.

1jediboy, 06/6/2019, 1:00 pm NST
Simply trying to offer up a solution to assist the situation.