Altador Cup XIV
Create your own wishlists!
Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards
Every editorial question answered just a search away!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Altador Cup Sign Ups Live
  • Posted on May 25, 2019, 10:19 am NST

The Altador Cup is now taking sign ups for the 14th year! As is usual, for signing up with a team, you'll receive that team's respective wearable frame and a special prize for the number of previous Cups you have participated in. You will also receive the Altador Cup site theme for joining.

The new prize for this year (in other words, playing in the 13 previous Cups) is: Legends of Altador Cup - Autographed Copy.

Official tournament game play will begin on June 4th, and sign ups close off on June 6th. The tournament will run until June 30th, with final results and prizes announced on July 3rd.

atryeu, 05/25/2019, 10:42 am NST
Did anybody actually get that book? I got a Plushie Yooyu and I haven't missed a year since this event first started (I've been with the same team each year too since it started). I got the correct sign up prize last year and I did play enough to get some points but not very many (360 lol).

atryeu, 05/25/2019, 10:47 am NST
Ignore the last post. I saw on the Neoboards others are having the same problem. It did award the book still to my inventory but it said I was 1 year short and got the last prize when it actually did award the correct one behind the scenes.

anomally, 05/25/2019, 11:06 am NST
Wonder which team is going to have the bots on it this time?

I'll try and make more than the "participation" trophy this time, but I just get way too bored of these games. Wish they would add some other ones! Slushie slinger is my favorite though.

purplebin, 05/25/2019, 11:58 am NST
I'm a little concerned that the rules page says that May 25 is a Tuesday.
Could all that just be from last year, or did they just keep everything and not change that day?

novelista, 05/25/2019, 12:00 pm NST
"Wonder which team is going to have the bots on it this time?"

They're still voting. Or at least one is...I have no idea how many cheat sites are out there.

topaz644, 05/25/2019, 12:01 pm NST
@purplebin They haven't updated the pages/faq from last year.

This is just how JS rolls. lol

bodhi, 05/25/2019, 3:10 pm NST
SHENKUUUUUUU!
8th year of loyalty and I got the usual frame plus an Altador Bunting.

doomdesire5, 05/25/2019, 6:21 pm NST
Will sign-ups close after the 1st round? I don't want what happened to me a few years back when I played for Brightvale...

mlooshka, 05/26/2019, 3:27 am NST
I also got the notification that I received a Plushie Yooyu but the book was in my inventory. JS is starting as they mean to go on, I see.

alltimemarr, 05/26/2019, 4:27 am NST
It said I got the Shenkuu team avatar, but I can't select it in preferences (I didn't play last year when they were first released). Help~

dave - JN Staff, 05/26/2019, 7:23 am NST
@alltimemarr: Where did it say that? Last year, the avatars were only awarded for reaching rank 1.

stepupfairy, 05/26/2019, 12:41 pm NST
I got the Mysterious Vibrant Collectable Scarab for 11 years of playing

alltimemarr, 05/26/2019, 10:08 pm NST
I swear it mentioned an avatar 😂 or maybe only the one for altador cup player which i already have.. then i’ll get it at level 1!

elphapa_the_wicked, 05/27/2019, 5:46 pm NST
So disappointed, missed a year due to being one of the accounts randomly locked. At least it'll be another year as a ROOligan!

mortychichi, 05/28/2019, 3:49 am NST
with final results and prizes announced on July 3rd
---
You mean July 4th or July 10th right?