Altador Cup XIV
A searchable database of Neopets images
Earn NP from playing games!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Charity Corner Now Ending May 27th
  • Posted on May 19, 2019, 7:19 pm NST

As a reminder, Charity Corner is coming to a close on Monday, May 20th at 11:59 PM NST. (About 29 hours from the time of this post!) UPDATE: The FAQs have been updated, and Charity Corner will now end on Monday, May 27th at 11:59 PM NST. You have 1 more week to donate!

Check out our 2019 Perk Shop guide to make sure you've donated enough points for all of the perks you want this year!

And if you missed the news, this past week a new "quick donate" option was added to allow you to more quickly donate items. See our guide below for more details on how that works.

Charity Corner Guide » Charity Corner Hub »
dave - JN Staff, 05/19/2019, 7:20 pm NST
Need some last minute items to donate? You might want to check and see if you have any leftover Altador Cup 2018 prize shop points left...

mavegibson, 05/19/2019, 7:51 pm NST
For people who are still donating, you can save a LOT of time using the quick donate form by using the keyboard instead of the mouse to select and enter each group of 15 items.

To do that, select the first checkbox on the form, then Tab > Spacebar to check off the rest of the checkboxes. When you get to the donate button hit Spacebar again to enter then hit Spacebar once more to submit the confirmation box that appears.

A much quicker method than ering about with the mouse.

1jediboy, 05/19/2019, 8:21 pm NST
Thank you, mavegibson!

sithra, 05/19/2019, 8:41 pm NST
If there is no know maximum for Perk Me Up, how do we know that we will get the perk we want unless we over donate? I want More for Less really bad.

inkpot, 05/19/2019, 9:17 pm NST
sad cause i really wanted the colour it wild perk... but if it's up to rng i don't want to waste my points on it....... im cri

picu_tuli, 05/19/2019, 9:19 pm NST
The Safety Deposit Box Price Checker isn't working for me, does anyone else have this problem? I tried with the code from different SDB pages and none work

surferaj, 05/20/2019, 12:32 am NST
Thank you JN/Dave for doing such a great job in tracking this Event. -- Neohugs to Mave for her help for those still working on their Charity Corner Donations.

remy, 05/20/2019, 3:21 am NST
I hope the trophy tier point requirements haven't changed from 2018's, hoping to get my first gold CC trophy this year

sammkt, 05/20/2019, 5:55 am NST
9) For how long will the 'Living with Less' program be available?

The Living with Less program will start on the 6th of May at 10:00:00 NST and end on 27th of May at 23:59:59 NST.

They've updated the FAQ to say that now!

topaz644, 05/20/2019, 6:56 am NST
Unbelievable.

morganjoisle, 05/20/2019, 8:05 am NST
How do I access quick donate?

I haven't donated much this time around because I've been busy and neopets is laggy on my computer, and so manually waiting for each item window in my inventory to load takes ages.

jorgesgirlforlife, 05/20/2019, 8:11 am NST
We have 7 more days????

missdood, 05/20/2019, 8:40 am NST
I guess I am happy for 7 more days but I spent a lot of time yesterday donating trying to make sure I got rid of all my stuff and now.....
Ah well. I can relax for the rest of the week and anything else I find to donate is just gravy!

sakeru187, 05/20/2019, 9:40 am NST
Ugh...I just want it over now T_T

themeepit32, 05/20/2019, 10:48 am NST
JS really screwed up this time

dave - JN Staff, 05/20/2019, 10:59 am NST
@morganjoisle: Check out the "Quick Donating" section on our guide for more details + a direct link. Otherwise, there's a button right at the top of your inventory.

drzoidberg, 05/20/2019, 11:07 am NST
One more week of me selling Sticky Snowballs at outrageous prices.

mavegibson, 05/20/2019, 1:39 pm NST
@sithra There is no guarantee you will get the perk you want, no matter how many Perk It Ups you buy. That's the nature of RNG and why so many people are upset.

Make sure you let TNT know what you think of that.

dave - JN Staff, 05/20/2019, 2:17 pm NST
I think the random nature of Perk It Up is fine at face value.

But they could have improved it a lot by making it only perks that are redeemable *one time*, and then once you get it, the pool of possibilities shrinks by 1 (therefore guaranteeing that you'll get the perk you want if you save up 20,000 points and redeem Perk It Up 10 times).

morganjoisle, 05/20/2019, 3:10 pm NST
Oh my goodness. That's been a good 6 hours of my life spent repetitively clicking... I guess I'm indifferent that there's another week. I wouldn't have had much time to donate this week anyway, but maybe this'll be good for other procrastinators.

mogster, 05/20/2019, 3:55 pm NST
Is there a reward for donating each day? This would be nice to know in case you don't want to do more.

rosi, 05/20/2019, 4:21 pm NST
I can't believe they're prolonging this tedious event They must be kidding! But I've run out of things I can get rid of, anyway.

@mogster: I thought the same, so I tried to "donate" (that is not this year's case, but you get the idea) every day for as long as I could.
And I'm not even interested in this year's perks !

mavegibson, 05/20/2019, 5:26 pm NST
Dave, I agree that if they were going to go random on that perk that would have been a better way to go about it. As it stands they've made it entirely possible for someone to blow their entire 20K+ points on Perk It Up and STILL not get what they wanted.
Any event where someone can fully participate and still not get the prize they wanted is poorly planned AFAIAC.

masterdeals, 05/20/2019, 5:52 pm NST
Dave NC archives wheel pool will be changed i just checked the news. It will change in 2 days.

rosi, 05/20/2019, 6:08 pm NST
@mavegibson : in fact is it really worth it? To be honest I'm disappointed in this year's so-called perks But at least we've been given a sneak peek of them.

scarlet189, 05/20/2019, 6:26 pm NST
I'm done with it for now-3100 points is good enough for me in addition to my leftovers. A day or two extra would have been fine, but I just want this event to end.

mavegibson, 05/20/2019, 6:27 pm NST
I only wanted two perks - Color it Wild (I've been wanting a sponge kacheek for years) and Cheaper by the Dozen, because I play stocks a lot. But now I'm thinking since it's random I might not bother trying for the color one and just buy regular perks instead. I don't want to 'waste' points on RNG. I absolutely loathe anything that's random.

gigiamore, 05/20/2019, 7:44 pm NST
I'm going to wait to redeem mine because the only 2 I want are the random ones. That way I can see how the random picking goes for other people first I guess and maybe just save the points till next year. But yeah, these perks are kinda garbage.

calliehayes, 05/20/2019, 7:47 pm NST
POLL: How many points do you have so far and what do you plan on redeeming?

Asking because I'm not sure yet what to spend my points on What do you think is worth it?

remy, 05/21/2019, 5:06 am NST
@calliehayes 13k points

Avatar Goldmine - I still need High Roller and Edna.

Perk Me Up x10 - There's a lot of cool perks in there although I would rather just redeem them directly. I've always wanted an 8-bit Petpet and 20% off the score of game avatars is just awesome.

remy, 05/21/2019, 5:09 am NST
Perk Me Up x5* Lol I can't count

kiriska, 05/21/2019, 2:01 pm NST
@calliehayes

10.1k points. I'm just here for Cheaper by the Dozen. Spent a few hours last week buying up thousands of Caustic Potions and Sloth Faerie Dolls to donate, ha. An extra week to relax now.

themeepit32, 05/21/2019, 4:52 pm NST
this is dumb that the best perks are randomized.
like why fix what ain't broke

morganjoisle, 05/22/2019, 12:15 am NST
@calliehayes: I was saving up for Bank Bribery. I'd also like to try for that avatar one again this year.

escrainus, 05/22/2019, 6:28 am NST
@themeepit plus making it costly (2000 per try) only promotes people getting high amounts of points which has a good chance of leaving big amounts of leftovers, something they supposedly wanted to avoid.

anata_, 05/22/2019, 8:57 am NST
@calliehayes: 23,5k points at the moment... If I'm lucky enough to get the Bring Back the Old Days perk within 10 tentatives, I'd spend the 3,5k left on Avatar Goldmine and In a New Avatar (I just never get those page-refresh avatars, anyway).
The other option I'm still considering is burning some more million neopoints for more chances at Bring Back the Old Days... How much nps have you guys spent until now? I've already cleared out 5M from my bank account, that Skeith is so killing me when this event finally comes to an end...

escrainus, 05/22/2019, 9:49 am NST
Just burn old event/plot points, I mean better expend those and save your bank account.

Staff tournament gives tons of points.

alex, 05/22/2019, 11:12 am NST
I have 17853 pts. I'm not sure what I'm going to use them for but last year I used the one where you turn your pet into a limited edition pet and it stays the same colour.
I haven't spent any np, I've been saving up the things I get from Grave Danger and other dailies, and from fighting the koi warrior for the 15 prizes per day, since the last charity corner.

calliehayes, 05/22/2019, 7:45 pm NST
@anata_ I've probably spent 1M. I've been buying ~40 np junk items for maximum cost efficiency but I've also been doing battledome and dailies. Not sure if you guys know but Healing Potion XX from the healing springs is worth 6 points! You can only buy every 30 minutes but it's the most cost efficient item for me and something that I will continue to hoard after this year's event ends Oh, and I have 8.7k points now.

calliehayes, 05/22/2019, 7:45 pm NST

dillpickles, 05/23/2019, 7:18 am NST
@calliehayes: Sticky snowball is only 25nps and is worth 8 points. Icy Snowball is 5nps and is worth 6 points.

calliehayes, 05/23/2019, 8:43 am NST
@dillpickles OMG I've been buying the wrong item XD lol thanks for the tip!!

1jediboy, 05/24/2019, 10:16 pm NST
My goal is 18,100 points For Cheaper by the Dozen, Bank Bribery and Cartogriphication.
I've only got 9721 points... I got those "high aspirations"!

anata_, 05/26/2019, 12:25 pm NST
Ok, now I'm really done with this event. 46k pts, 11M spent in total. If I don't get the site theme I've been yearning for 7 years on May 28 (it's the day of my birthday, btw), I don't think I'll set any goal for Neopets ever again XD

debgil, 05/30/2019, 9:12 am NST