All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Charity Corner

Charity Corner Update
  • Posted on May 14, 2019, 4:00 am NST

This morning, Charity Corner has had a couple of updates as announced last week.

Firstly, the amount of items you can donate at a time has been updated to 15 from the original 10. Secondly, there is now a new Quick Stock-like feature that allows you to select all 15 items at a time. You can even donate them on the actual page instead of visiting Atsumi (by clicking the Declutter button).

The old system is still available should you wish to use it, but this new one is far quicker.

Charity Corner Guide »
pikachu315111, 05/14/2019, 4:13 am NST
YES! GOOD JOB TJST!

Still don't know why this wasn't here from the start or why you changed the system in the first place, but good to see that you heard the complaints and took action to remedy them.

Now about those converted points...

sakeru187, 05/14/2019, 4:54 am NST
Woohoo! Thank you very much JS!

pancaketime, 05/14/2019, 5:00 am NST
Where is the link to the new feature located on the Neopets site? I can get to it using the direct link here, so that's good, but I'm not seeing it on either the Living With Less main page or my inventory.

biediep, 05/14/2019, 5:01 am NST
Yesss this is perfect
I've earned more than 3000 points in the last half hour from low rarity junk, that would've taken me all day before!

pancaketime, 05/14/2019, 5:16 am NST
Ah, I see. You get to it by clicking on the basket to load items on the Living With Less page.

novelista, 05/14/2019, 7:48 am NST
I clicked on the basket like Pancake said and it chucks me back to my inventory.

novelista, 05/14/2019, 8:10 am NST
Oh, wait...this was missing: http://www.neopets.com/itemdiscardchecklist.phtml

elphapa_the_wicked, 05/14/2019, 8:22 am NST
Oh good, only took it losing like 30 different r98 items for me to get it to work now Better late than never I guess?

zixianna, 05/14/2019, 8:40 am NST
And it has a Point Total right on the page, nice.
The animation is cool, but you only want to watch it so many times
Nice quick fix, yay!

cloonshannagh, 05/14/2019, 8:42 am NST
purrrrrrrrrrrrr

alltimemarr, 05/14/2019, 9:02 am NST
Now they just need to get rid of the random perk perk

nobody, 05/14/2019, 9:34 am NST
I love that we can donate everything on that page without having to watch the animation just by clicking discard after selecting 15 items. ;n; SO MUCH BETTER.

purplebin, 05/14/2019, 10:17 am NST
When I click on the basket it just takes me to my inventory, not the quick discard page. I'll just bookmark it.

mavegibson, 05/14/2019, 11:06 am NST
Wow, I wasn't going to participate because I'm so angry about the random perk thing, but this makes it stupidly easy. The only thing that would make this easier was if there was a button to automatically select the next 15 items, but even as it is this is a great system.

mollyscribbles, 05/14/2019, 11:19 am NST
Thanks to both JS and the JN staff for having the SDB price checker available -- wouldn't be able to make the progress I am without it.

kiriska, 05/14/2019, 11:43 am NST
SO glad they added this... now maybe it won't be a huge timesink to grind 10k points for a whole year of Cheaper by the Dozen (SO worth it)...

1jediboy, 05/14/2019, 12:02 pm NST
I second Cloonshannagh's purr!

escrainus, 05/14/2019, 12:40 pm NST
This is awesome, good job TNT

swevin, 05/14/2019, 1:07 pm NST
I want to thank Jellyneo for your awesome SDB Price Checker tool! Really helpful when finding items to donate so one doesn't donate something worth a lot. Thanks!

dr_tomoe, 05/14/2019, 3:06 pm NST
It's not working for me. Every time I try to click to donate or even go back to the donate page, it just goes to a blank white page.

sixtygirl, 05/14/2019, 3:39 pm NST
I don't understand this event

shonawolf, 05/14/2019, 5:35 pm NST
I'm running into this really random bug where if I use the link that Neopets has provided on the news page to get to the quick donation page I can't get my items to donate but if I use the link from the Jellyneo guide I am able to get the items to donate? It's really bizarre!

cat, 05/14/2019, 10:28 pm NST
Awesome, thanks TNT!

katina_choovanski, 05/15/2019, 2:44 am NST
So I go to my SDB to retrieve all the Usuki Pirate Sets and there are like 5. For the whole year. Of visiting the forgotten shore like almost daily...several other common items like supernova, common Coltzan scrolls and others are just hardly having ANY there. Anyone else having this?

dillpickles, 05/16/2019, 1:42 pm NST
For Perk Me Up, if you get Bring Back the Old Days but have all of the site themes already, are you just out the 2k points, or will it automatically default to a different perk? Does anyone know?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to keep donating since I'm still sore about the fact that we lost so much of last year's leftover points from the conversion.

ilhs, 05/16/2019, 5:19 pm NST
My discard checklist seems to be bugged. I will check items but then they won't discard, for example. It might discard half the items, but not the other half. Anyone else?

dave - JN Staff, 05/17/2019, 3:12 pm NST
@ilhs: You can only discard 15 maximum at a time.

escrainus, 05/17/2019, 8:41 pm NST
My checklist is also bugged, it just won't do anything and I'm sure I'm selecting only 15 items

alltimemarr, 05/18/2019, 12:10 am NST
@dillpickles they answered that in the FAQ. And JN also in the news;

The 'Perk Me Up' can be purchased multiple times, but some of the possible outcome perks are limited. If you continue to get them after you reach the max, you will instead gain an item from an 'exclusive item pool'. Some of the possible perk outcomes will also be rarer than others.

swevin, 05/18/2019, 6:28 am NST
Again a thank you to JN. Wanted to know if I could have use for In a New Avatar and you have a handy check tool for us. <3

escrainus, 05/18/2019, 6:49 am NST
It seems there is now an item cap you must pay attention for your inventory or the checklist brokes

mavegibson, 05/18/2019, 9:53 am NST
If you check off the first checkbox and then use Tab > Spacebar to do the rest it's easier to select checkboxes quickly and use the form.

dillpickles, 05/18/2019, 10:17 am NST
@alltimemarr,
Yes, I saw that. However, I have all the site themes that are available, and last year, it was still available for me to purchase (which I obviously didn't, as it would've been a waste of points, though since they all poofed anyways, I guess that's a moot point). The way the FAQ reads, it's that you get an item after you've reached the max times possible to get the perk. But if I haven't gotten the perk once and it gives it to me, even if it's worthless to me and I literally cannot use it, will it automatically default to the exclusive item pool? That's more what I mean.

Having a perk that some people can't use at all in the Perk Me Up pool seems wrong.

anata_, 05/18/2019, 3:39 pm NST
Hey, guys. How many points does a person need to get to make sure they'll get the Bring Back the Old Days perk? I've only collected 12,5k points until now and I'm super worried whether this will be enough or not (considering the worst case scenario). I don't wanna depend on luck, please help me with this...

escrainus, 05/18/2019, 4:15 pm NST
@dill: exactly my thoughts, the perk me up was a mistake.

@ana: I'm aiming for 22K

mavegibson, 05/18/2019, 5:38 pm NST
TNT have said that the Perk Me Up perk options are weighted differently, so it's not a 1 in 10 chance, it's some other percentage chance because the more desirable ones have a lower chance of being won. So no matter how many points you earn, there is no guarantee you'll get the one you want. It's a 100% random gamble.

Make sure you let them know what you think of that.

anata_, 05/18/2019, 6:10 pm NST
@mavegibson: On top of that, one may get some perks more than once, right? At least I remember reading it somewhere, my anxiety is going insane...

mavegibson, 05/19/2019, 8:49 am NST
Yes, you can get the same perk more than once, and if it's a perk that you can only use once, instead of getting that perk you will be given some sort of 'mystery prize' that's supposedly rare and of high value (at least until a few thousand people get them and then they will be valueless).

Frankly I think the prizing for this event has been horribly botched. It has fallen prey to that killer of all good things in any 'game' or 'entertainment' world - "fixing that which isn't broken." People think they're going to spice things up with fun, exciting elements when all that really means for them is just throwing in some RNG element that infuriates the user. Terrible.