All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Charity Corner

Charity Corner NC Element Live + Perk Updates
  • Posted on May 9, 2019, 10:51 am NST

This year's Charity Corner NC Element has finally launched! In order to participate you will need to purchase Clutter Boxes from the NC Mall.

(The images of these items are currently a bit confusing versus the names & descriptions of them. The names are the correct denomination.)

You will be able to use these Clutter Boxes, along with NC items in your inventory, to exchange for Badges of Freedom. These Badges can then be exchanged for new, exclusive NC items.

Charity Corner Guide »

As with the changes to the NP portion of the event, donation is also happening differently on the NC side. You will first need to activate the Clutter Boxes in your inventory by 'unpacking' them. Then, you can select up to 10 NC items in your inventory to donate at a time. You will have to donate via the lever on the NC page once you have selected them. You earn 1 badge per item donated.

***

In related Charity Corner news, the FAQs for the perk shop has had a couple of new additions to further clarify how the 'Perk Me Up' perk will work.

The 'Perk Me Up' can be purchased multiple times, but some of the possible outcome perks are limited. If you continue to get them after you reach the max, you will instead gain an item from an 'exclusive item pool'. Some of the possible perk outcomes will also be rarer than others.
biediep, 05/9/2019, 12:10 pm NST
Great so it really isn't a 10% chance of the perk you want but rather 1% getting what you want and 99% ending up with the stuff you don't want and 1np "exclusive" junk. I was happy to hear they were updating the donation system, now I'm bummed again lol.

alltimemarr, 05/9/2019, 4:38 pm NST
Ugh, the Perk Me Up should just be removed >.> make them all available directly.

topologist, 05/9/2019, 8:38 pm NST
It's probably worth noting that you also get 1 gift box for every item you purchase via donation badges in the gift shop's top three tiers. It's a huge and unexpected plus, when last year that was for the top tier only.

infernal_kitty, 05/9/2019, 9:18 pm NST
I'm a little disappointed with the NC gifts for donating. They look very similar to other items already out there. Not a huge motivation factor, personally, for purchasing a pack to donate NC "junk".

dr_tomoe, 05/9/2019, 10:49 pm NST
Is anyone else really bothered by the fact that the 90 clutter box doesn't end on 50 or 100?

mandypandy667, 05/10/2019, 1:13 am NST
I really hate the Perk me Up. If I buy that there is a VERY good chance I'll get a perk that is completely useless to me. But I would like the Wanna Bet on It or Can I keep it

sakeru187, 05/10/2019, 4:42 am NST
Carried Over Points: 1614

^
I just saw that on the Perks page for me if anyone hadn't noticed it on their page yet.

pancaketime, 05/10/2019, 4:54 am NST
They also seem to have fixed the way the points update. I no longer have to reload after donating to get an accurate point total from the orange button.

escrainus, 05/10/2019, 6:22 am NST
They should really should grt rid of the perk me up condition and allow us the perk we want or at least lower the cost

purplebin, 05/10/2019, 7:03 am NST
Carried Over Points: 5564

I don't remember how many I had left, but I think there was another 0 at the end...

So this time we need to be careful not to earn more points than we can use, but Perk Me Up is encouraging us to get extra in case we need to keep trying!

purplebin, 05/10/2019, 7:37 am NST
I haven't been keeping a close eye on my points, have the Carried Over points already been added to our total?

debgil, 05/10/2019, 7:47 am NST
pancaketime: I am donating and still having to refresh to get updated total.

stepupfairy, 05/10/2019, 10:22 am NST
Are pretty much ALL the avvies under the 'In a New Avatar' perk clickable/easy AF?!

escrainus, 05/10/2019, 4:12 pm NST
Yes, only one that is worth it in case you missed it last year is the opposite gender royal korbat

surferaj, 05/10/2019, 9:32 pm NST
Is anyone experiencing a problem with the NC Donations?

I purchased the 3 Pack of Clutter Boxes for 100NC and activated it. I've marked 3 NC Items for donation, I clicked on the Lever and I get the pop-up box to confirm. After I click the Yay button, nothing happens; my NC Item remain on the donation page; they have not disappeared. If I go into the Gift Shop, it confirms that I have have 3 unused Clutter Boxes.

dr_tomoe, 05/10/2019, 9:41 pm NST
I'm having a problem with it too.

surferaj, 05/10/2019, 9:51 pm NST
@Dr_Domoe -- Thank you for confirming that there's an issue. I'm glad I didn't purchase any more than just the one 3 Pack so far.

surferaj, 05/10/2019, 9:52 pm NST
@Dr_Tomoe -- Sorry about the typo....

dr_tomoe, 05/10/2019, 10:39 pm NST
The NC boards say you might need to use your computer to put your items in the boxes and then use your phone to hit the lever, but I don't own a phone so that's not an option for me.

purplebin, 05/11/2019, 6:46 am NST
I was having the same problem with NC donations in Firefox, so I tried in Chrome but it still didn't work. People on the boards were saying it will work in Chrome if you clear your cache completely.
Instead I went back to FF and tried again, and then refreshed the page a couple of times, and it finally started working and kept working after that.

beyondelsewhere, 05/11/2019, 8:11 am NST
Also having trouble with the NC donations. I should have read these comments before buying.

dr_tomoe, 05/11/2019, 1:17 pm NST
This seems like a problem on JS's end, so I hope they fix it soon.

surferaj, 05/11/2019, 2:31 pm NST
Thanks for the feedback on the NC Donation GLITCH. I'll play with it a little more and see if I can get it to work by accident. I agree with Dr_Tomoe, this is really a problems on DragonNet/JS's end and they should FIX it.

purplebin, 05/11/2019, 2:57 pm NST
A bunch of people are reporting success with opening an incognito window in Chrome.

tsadadey, 05/11/2019, 9:33 pm NST
Incognito in chrome worked for me. Thanks!

surferaj, 05/11/2019, 11:17 pm NST
I did get the NC Donations to work finally. It took formally logging off Neopets and deleting all history in Chrome before getting back into Neopets.

beyondelsewhere, 05/12/2019, 5:29 pm NST
Woohoo! Thanks for the incognito window tip!

escrainus, 05/13/2019, 6:03 am NST
Today donating should be easier and faster

itaxerxes, 05/13/2019, 6:09 am NST
the site is down now, really an improvement

mistyraider, 05/13/2019, 4:59 pm NST
What happened to simplifying the process and being able to donate 15 items at a time?
I've been away all day and just got to neopets and I can't see anything different about the donating process.
This has been a crap day and sadly neo has not made it any better.

surferaj, 05/13/2019, 6:32 pm NST
Was it really a surprise that TNT couldn't deliver an upgrade to the CC Donation process??? Not really!

mistyraider, 05/13/2019, 7:30 pm NST
@surferaj -- my mom used to define "hope" as delayed disappointment (she was cynical that way). Maybe we should just rename JSNT Hope!

adrikohle, 05/17/2019, 5:12 pm NST
a lil funny to me that all the "worth it?" are still question marks