Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Create your own wishlists!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Charity Corner

Good News: Charity Corner Discards to be Updated
  • Posted on May 8, 2019, 10:56 am NST

Good news, Neopians! hardtotame has taken to the Neoboards to announce that the (painful) discard system will be updated and go live on Monday, May 13th.

The update promises to "simplify" the existing discard system, along with increasing the item cap from 10 items to 15 items allowed to be discarded in one go. It is currently unknown what "simplify" means.

Here's the full announcement:

We will be simplifying the discard system. The update is expected to go live on Monday.

Along with it, we will also increase the number of items that can be donated in one go, from 10 to 15, and we plan to keep increasing it incrementally as long as it doesn't cause too much load on the servers. Mass discard is not an option right now.

As a reminder, Charity Corner is running between now and Monday, May 20th 11:59 PM NST. We should see at least half of the event with the updated discard system.

For more details on this year's event, see our Charity Corner guide below:

Charity Corner Guide »

ANOTHER UPDATE: hardtotame has also confirmed a few details on the perks for this year's event:

'Avatar Goldmine' will give you a 30% increased chance of getting High Roller, Edna – Cackle!, Lever of Doom, and Snowager – Rawr!

Perk Me Up can be bought multiple times.

The FAQs will be updated tomorrow with this info.
platinumskies, 05/8/2019, 11:04 am NST

yasmin_sb, 05/8/2019, 11:06 am NST
Good news indeed! I can't wait as I'm losing the will to live with this current donation system.

purplebin, 05/8/2019, 11:13 am NST
I've developed some techniques that are making donating work quite well for me, at least during off-peak hours.

beedeebee, 05/8/2019, 11:18 am NST
Wow, okay. I had basically decided I was out of the game with how slow and frustrating the process has been, but I'll see what they have to offer us on Monday.

purplebin, 05/8/2019, 11:27 am NST
Good news about Perk Me Up!
I'm still wondering if the perk you get starts as soon as you receive it or if you get to decide when to activate.

lillian94, 05/8/2019, 11:28 am NST
Yay!!!

topaz644, 05/8/2019, 11:29 am NST
Great news! Too bad it's a week into it, but now I don't feel like I have to ignore all my other Neo tasks like I have been doing.

combustibles, 05/8/2019, 11:29 am NST
it's still beyond me that they even decided this was a good idea to begin with, but what can you do... we're here now.

shmivienne, 05/8/2019, 11:34 am NST
Just to clarify: the results for Perk Me Up are random, right? I'm shooting for Colour It Wild. I can't *pick* that, I have to just pray that I get it? Also, if I do get it, do I need a lab ray, or is it like a Rainbow Fountain Faerie type selection screen? Please and thanks!

dave - JN Staff, 05/8/2019, 11:44 am NST
@shmivienne: It's almost definitely going to be random. It's unknown if you can get a perk multiple times.

If you want a statistically sound shot at the Colour It Wild perk, I would aim at banking at least 20,000+ points. (And that's only assuming each perk has an equal chance!)

purplebin, 05/8/2019, 12:03 pm NST
Colour It Wild gives any Lab color of your choosing, including lab-only, and you don't need the Lab Ray to use it.
It's a bummer that this perk is random now.

shmivienne, 05/8/2019, 12:09 pm NST
@dave: and @purplebin: Thanks so much for clearing that up! And W O W. 20, 000+... Yikes. I'm trying to get either make my Bruce Robot make my Yurble Chocolate. I have so much work to do.

mavegibson, 05/8/2019, 12:16 pm NST
RANDOM? OK I'm totally glad I read this because it shows me that I can safely ignore this event. I'm not grinding away for hours for a 'chance' at the perk I want. No way.

escrainus, 05/8/2019, 12:21 pm NST
They should make bring back the old days a theme of our choice, given is already random to get the perk and is a one time thing

surferaj, 05/8/2019, 1:22 pm NST
What are they doing to fix the GLITCH with the CC points??? I not earning the correct number of CC points according to the JN Guide for the r100 and higher that I've donated.

sakeru187, 05/8/2019, 1:24 pm NST
Well that'll be nice (: thanks JS.

Avatar Goldmine will be great for me with Snowager :o I've been trying for years ot get that avie T_T

topaz644, 05/8/2019, 1:54 pm NST
surferaj, There are two different points buttons and both operate in a confusing way. If you donate 10 sticky snowballs the slot will tell you that you earned only 10 points. But after a refresh the orange total points button should say the correct 80 points.

To get the Slot counter to show a true point count for what you just donated you need 9 sticky snowballs and a different item donated on that turn.

Try it with 4 one point items and one 2 point item. It should show 6 points.

themeepit32, 05/8/2019, 1:57 pm NST
yeee

surferaj, 05/8/2019, 1:58 pm NST
@Dave -- Just remove my silly comment above. I'm guilty of not reading your entire Guide Page as closely as I should have. *kicks self in behind*

Thanks to what you and all your Staff to keep us informed and updated.

1jediboy, 05/8/2019, 2:46 pm NST
THANK FYORA!!!!!

skiasma, 05/8/2019, 3:31 pm NST
Great news, as I'd given up when my first donation gained zero points, despite a number of 90+ items. Between that and the tediousness of it, I'd lost interest. Now I'll wait until Monday. Ta for the news, JN!

dave - JN Staff, 05/8/2019, 4:26 pm NST
@escrainus Good news. This year if you can activate the Bring Back the Old Days perk (for site themes), you will be able to choose which theme you get! This was listed in the FAQ that went up within the past day.

@surferaj: Yea it just seems to be a visual glitch on the actual donation results. I haven't noticed any bad math on my real count seen by clicking that orange circle.

cat, 05/8/2019, 5:01 pm NST
Thank Flora, the original system was a nightmare.

escrainus, 05/8/2019, 5:14 pm NST
@dave thaaaanks I'm so happy... finally

zixianna, 05/8/2019, 5:25 pm NST
If anything, looking to see which Site Themes I could get netted me my Habitarium site theme that I apparently never grabbed before, hah!

cay, 05/8/2019, 6:19 pm NST
Wait, you can choose a Site Theme? YAY! I would so get The Faerie's ruin one!

lokaula, 05/8/2019, 8:59 pm NST
Has any one figured out how this system keeps tally of your points? I don't see the total points I've received so far, anywhere...

mollyscribbles, 05/8/2019, 9:42 pm NST
oh thank god. I stopped donating after the first day; there's still like 9k items in my inventory.
this is a life saver.

will - JN Staff, 05/8/2019, 10:46 pm NST
@lokaula Click the round orange button on the top right of the machine. There's an image of it near the bottom of our guide.

drzoidberg, 05/9/2019, 8:09 am NST
Is there a faster way than just going one-by-one to check to see if I need any of the "In a new avatar" avatars?

purplebin, 05/9/2019, 8:18 am NST
@drzoidberg, have you used the JN avatar checklist tool? That will give you a list of all the avatars you don't have yet.

lokaula, 05/9/2019, 10:18 pm NST
@will - JN Staff, thanks for the tip on finding the orange button!

mistyraider, 05/10/2019, 4:38 am NST
Q? Does anyone know if the final prizes will be determined by how many points you get this year or do last year's carry-over points get added in for prizes? (I'm prob being too hopeful )
I'm glad they're changing the donating, but I'm off on a road trip next week and don't know how much I'll be able to donate before it ends. *sigh*

dave - JN Staff, 05/10/2019, 10:37 am NST
@mistyraider: I haven't seen any confirmation one way or another, but I imagine it will only be this year's points.

beingniceisfree, 05/13/2019, 5:16 am NST
I'm imagining that this update is why Neopets is down right now :c

faellie_ridiculous, 05/13/2019, 6:24 am NST
I have been having intermittent trouble for a few hours with the site. Hope the update runs smoothly.