Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Charity Corner

Ducky
TNTs Small Q&A on Neoboards
  • Posted by Ducky
  • Posted on April 27, 2019, 9:44 am NST

TNT staff member hardtotame made a quick visit to the Neoboards today and answered a few questions asked by users.

First question—are there any Battledome fixes coming soon.

Punchbag Sid may make an appearance in the not too distant future.

When asked if there are any plans to change the Emo Usuki avatar so it cannot be used to enter the Avatar Collector High Score Table and if a 2019 Comic Con avatar would be available for those who cannot attend:

We don't have the Emo Usuki avatar/HST fix scheduled for anytime soon.
If we plan an avatar for this year's Comic Con, we will also plan for a way for those who couldn't attend, to attain it.

On the previously talked about possibility of adding new quest levels and prizes to Jhudora/Illusen quests:

The Jhudora/Illusen update was put on hold indefinitely as several other projects took priority.

About the upcoming Charity Corner rare item drop mentioned in Editorial #862:

As for the high-rarity item drop, perhaps a better term would be rare item drop.

When asked about whether the Skarl Collectable Charm and Rubbish Dump avatar were for sure working:

I've been assured several times that the Skarl Collectable Charm is indeed working fine, and we agreed this week that perhaps the drop rate should go up keeping in mind that the number of players attempting to get it has come down considerably since the time it was originally planned.

Yeah, the probability for the Rubbish Dump avatar ought to go up too.

Work on catching cheaters:

We are constantly finding and plugging loopholes that allow people to cheat. I don't know enough to explain, and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to talk about it. If there's something in particular you have in mind, please do write in to us about it!

Will there be new Hidden Tower/Smugglers Cove items and will old and rare stamps be re-released somehow:

Nothing to report on Hidden Tower/Smuggler's Cove items or stamp re-release. Discussions for the stamp re-release stopped at a point when we were not satisfied with the options discussed, and put on hold when other projects were prioritized.

Will we get a mass release of avatars?

A mass release of a variety of avatars would be quite difficult, as each avatar requires a unique piece of code written for it with its own unique logic, and our programmers don't have that much time to spare at once. (The stamp avatars were easy because it was just the same thing on different pages.) We could use modified AIM images, if that's what the players want -it would speed up the art

1jediboy, 04/27/2019, 10:35 am NST
NOOO!!! There was no warning!!!

Why are people still asking for new stuff? I thought we agreed that TNT needs to fix their current problems before making new content!

I’ve sent that thing I wrote to the Neopian Times, back when LAtLH ended and we were disgruntled, more than ten times now! (Once a week for several weeks.) I feel like I’m just annoying them now! I feel heard when I send in a bug fix, I don’t feel heard with this... I feel ignored.

escrainus, 04/27/2019, 10:55 am NST
You and a lot, I'm always in my job or sleeping when she appears and I would just love to be read. I agree that they need to fix stuff, but they can archive the ideas so they work on them once they are fixed, like balance things out, not all the input would be "hey, this is broken"

stepupfairy, 04/27/2019, 11:19 am NST
Bit of a blase answer about the Rubbish Dump avvie tbh

biediep, 04/27/2019, 1:31 pm NST
Sad to hear they stopped even thinking about ways to re-release old stamps at all.. But excited to hear they'll probably increase the drop rate of the Skarl Charm. Gonna have to start trying for that again.

stormmonarch, 04/27/2019, 10:53 pm NST
I wish they just put a few old stamps in hidden tower at a very high price (for example 3 billion per stamp) . Every month, they can rotate the stamps out and put in other old stamps. Make it like 4 different sets for rotation.

combustibles, 04/28/2019, 3:46 am NST
Please, nobody wants re-used art. Nobody wants the AIM images as avatars. But if it means worse art in new avatars, I'd rather have the good art avatars that are in style with the rest rather than the weird style JS has been releasing.

ducky - JN Staff, 04/28/2019, 5:04 am NST
@stormmonarch - and make 'em non trade

cay, 04/28/2019, 8:18 am NST
-stares at a few aim icons she would so use for avvies- I am so excited for that

fenix, 04/28/2019, 8:25 am NST
Well the AIM icons are just sitting there unused nowadays. Might as well put them to some use. We'd have enough for the older pets to have a new avvy released on their pet day. The newer ones, eh, not so much.

onewinginthefire, 04/28/2019, 9:24 am NST

How many people on this site have 3 billion points laying around? o.O

escrainus, 04/28/2019, 12:30 pm NST
Well some AIM icons do have good quality, and some are better than avatars released by TNT... but I agree it would be nice to have new art instead.

For the stamps... they could just put them in an special shop at high prices that resocks from time to time if they are waaay too old...

adventurer262, 04/28/2019, 4:37 pm NST
I'm excited for the AIM icons, personally! They're a pretty obscure piece of neopets history that would be nice to revive and put into the spotlight as avatars.

stormmonarch, 04/28/2019, 8:20 pm NST
onewinginthefire, 3 billion provides an incentive for people to earn NP. Currently, painting pet becomes too easy and training can be done by faerie quests. There are not many incentives of having a lot of NP.

pikachu315111, 04/28/2019, 8:43 pm NST
For anyone curious, here's where the AIM/Buddy Icons are if you want to look through them:

I would LOVE if they made some of the ones of higher quality into Avatars (or at least inspired by some of them).

fenix, 04/29/2019, 4:56 am NST
Also having stamps cost so much in a place where the currency gets deleted permanently, rather than being exchanged between players, would also be good for the economy overall.

burnintoflames, 04/29/2019, 9:28 am NST
Wish HTT would at least delete the Happy New Year board so I don't have to see 2 boards bumped for the next 6 months. The bd post is fine because people actually discuss but the Happy New Year is just spam to keep the post alive.

1jediboy, 04/29/2019, 12:10 pm NST
Well... As long as it already exists and is less work to finish off; I guess a few AIM icons could be converted into avatars. They seem to have done it before, anyway.

One idea:

To the baby Xweetok image:
"Goo?"
Read your baby Neopet the "Quantum Physics" book.

cheezit, 04/30/2019, 9:31 am NST
who's asking for the emo usuki avatar to be 'fixed'? using it to reset avatar scores is part of the game for trophy tier collectors.

also why don't they just use the same mechanic TNT used back in the day to re-release old stamps? the auctions worked pretty well, from what I remember.

also @1jediboy I agree! I'd rather we not get subpar stuff and just wait for them to fix the things that are super broken first. which players are asking for this constant stream of content?

1jediboy, 04/30/2019, 8:00 pm NST
I assume the new users are (The ones who don’t realize how much the veterans miss the plots and content from the past)

Or Possibly returning players too, who are looking for content like they’ve experienced when they were younger... quality.

Maybe TNT thinks that if they don’t have a continuous stream of new content, then new users will lose interest, and vet users will just give up. Maybe that’s why the clientele is constantly being fed; with the kind of content being produced that is most likely the reason some users leave in the first place.

That’s why I came up with that idea on “http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?comments=12773” for the creative users to help.

If you want to help, you can spread the word! Users and TNT come together in perfect harmony!