Every editorial question answered just a search away!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Charity Corner

Kougra Day Roundup
  • Posted on April 22, 2019, 11:37 am NST

Kougra Day is here, and along with it some new colours and clothing:

Elderly Boy | Elderly Girl

The outfit is a bit "trendy":

saiphami, 04/22/2019, 11:42 am NST
...yikes at that paint color.

moonlightwitch, 04/22/2019, 12:02 pm NST
Don't the girl look like zombie color or is that just me?

aviagua, 04/22/2019, 12:13 pm NST
Not a fan of the colours, but I certainly like the sight of the shirt & trousers of the new outfit. Hope they aren't r90+.

kugimaru, 04/22/2019, 12:13 pm NST
NO STEALTHY KOUGRA AGAIN, HOW MANY YEARS DO I NEED TO WAIT? CANT THEY MAKE IT? WHY, OMG ITS BEEN 3 YEARS WHAT DO I NEED TO DO FOR THEM TO MAKE A STEALTH KOUGRA AAAAAAAAAAAAA

ducky - JN Staff, 04/22/2019, 12:14 pm NST
Well kougra is very low on colour options... and think postive. It could have been clay and polka dot :p

dialasong, 04/22/2019, 12:42 pm NST
I'm mostly just bothered by the fact that the texture makes them appear to be hairless.

I mean, hairless cats are cool, but its an odd choice. kougras aren't like aishas, where you could make a case for all of them being naturally hairless...

do kougras lose all their fur when they age?

dialasong, 04/22/2019, 12:42 pm NST
also they didn't make the mouth area on either of them match the eye marking area, which is a huge pet peeve of mine

escrainus, 04/22/2019, 12:53 pm NST
They died long time ago...

combustibles, 04/22/2019, 12:58 pm NST
Y I K E S

twocue, 04/22/2019, 1:15 pm NST
Ok.... I think this might be the ugliest set they've made. This is... really awful.

trista, 04/22/2019, 1:15 pm NST
Male looks like a hobo

dolchay, 04/22/2019, 2:38 pm NST
So didnt want elderly ughhhh

dukula, 04/22/2019, 2:46 pm NST
I didn't know "elderly" meant "zombie". Jeez, why do they look undead?

sinavarice, 04/22/2019, 2:55 pm NST
They look like zombie hipsters...

inkpot, 04/22/2019, 3:10 pm NST
i'd have preferred clay and polkadot to these. at least clay makes for a nice base for customs...

i'm not a fan of elderly in general so my opinion is already skewed but these bases are terrible. the clothes do a good job at hiding it though, i guess?

dolchay, 04/22/2019, 3:57 pm NST
I personally don't think elderly should counot as 2 colors

peppermint, 04/23/2019, 1:34 am NST
I'm sorry, but seeing this has just inspired me to rant. Great leaping meepits... When I first caught sight of them I seriously thought they were zombies. They're not old, they're dead, and they've been dead for millennia, in fact they're Egyptian mummies who've lost their wrappings. They lurch through the countryside at night stealing things from clotheslines and dodging pitchfork-toting mobs.
The coloration is absolutely wretched! And there's no details! The hair on the female version looks like a wig Neo would offer up on their "Artist's Day Off". As for the clothes, the male version looks like he's about to join up as a sidekick on Roxton's next journey to the Lost Isle. Either that or he slaughtered a Smurf, stole his hat as a trophy and is now running from the law, and since he's a cartoon he knows as long as he wears sunglasses no one will ever recognize him.

As for the female version, it hearkens to the way we used to dress our pets back when customization was new and there were only 10 items to choose from so we'd slap anything that could be worn on our pets then cackle at our cleverness in creating an ensemble. "Look, I put random clothes on my pet...OMG! Squee!!!!"
I think I need sleep.

escrainus, 04/23/2019, 4:20 pm NST

cat, 04/23/2019, 7:02 pm NST
They look like zombies.

jumjumdrop, 04/24/2019, 12:40 pm NST
I am soooooo disappointed. If the team are uninspired, (as the last few new pet colours have been bad too) they should let us submit our ideas and/ or art for pet colours. I'd much rather they released nothing unless it was good, because elderly was a fun opportunity and has been basically wasted.