Snowager alert!

Altador Cup XIV
Help us model your pets!
A searchable database of Neopets images
All the hottest looks, try them on today!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Charity Corner Perks Shop Closing + Festival of Neggs Coming Soon
  • Posted on April 4, 2019, 5:48 pm NST

Two event-related announcements were made in the news update today!

Firstly, if you wish to spend any of your 2018 Charity Corner points on the 2018 perks, TNT is recommending you do so now. Although the news announcement doesn't mention this, TNT has stated multiple times that your 2018 points will rollover and be usable in the 2019 Charity Corner perks shop.

We suspect that the 2018 perks shop "closing" means that some perks may not make their return in the next version of the shop. Or, certain perk redemption limits may be "reset", allowing Neopians to redeem the perk for a second time in the 2019 version of the shop.

Long story short, if you've had your eye on something and want to ensure you receive it, redeem it sooner than later!

For a full guide to the 2018 perks, visit our perks guide:

2018 Perks Shop Guide

Secondly, the Festival of Neggs has been announced to be making a return as well! Easter is April 21st this year, so we expect that event to begin within the next two weeks. No official dates are known yet—so stay tuned!
1jediboy, 04/4/2019, 6:16 pm NST
OOH!!!!!

purplebin, 04/4/2019, 7:33 pm NST
The perks shop had better stay open long enough for the Colour Me Wild works to give me a mosaic Gelert!

dr_tomoe, 04/5/2019, 1:05 am NST
I got the 2nd of the Random Acts perk and got a RE, but when I went back to the perk shop, it was no longer applied?

itaxerxes, 04/5/2019, 2:42 am NST
The Random Acts perk ist glitched, I applied it twice, did only get 7 out of the 14 REs, sent a ticket and TNT told me that they can't do anything about it, so I wasted my points

sakeru187, 04/5/2019, 6:20 am NST
Yay! ^_^ But no mention of the Daily Dare? T_T

dave - JN Staff, 04/5/2019, 7:44 am NST
The Altador Cup, which has never really moved around much over the years, should be starting promotional stuff towards the end of May. I think we'll see either Charity Corner in the next week => then Festival of Neggs by Easter (Apr 21st) => then Altador Cup => then Daily Dare in the summer. OR we'll see Festival of Neggs sooner => then Charity Corner => then Altador Cup => then Daily Dare in the summer. OR maybe Charity Corner will be a summer event too.

Either way, I don't think we'll be seeing Daily Dare until much later this year. There's just no room for it between now (with FoN) and the Altador Cup (a typically unmovable event).

purplebin, 04/5/2019, 8:13 am NST
It seems like there was some overlap of events in the past, especially since the Festival of Neggs doesn't require much to participate, but my memory is really bad.

jorgesgirlforlife, 04/5/2019, 9:46 am NST
Topsi was recently spotted sneaking around suspiciously, giving rise to rumours that the Festival of Neggs is around the corner. Now we don't advocate taking rumours seriously, but perhaps you should reschedule any vacations you may have planned. Just in case.

Today's news!

skiasma, 04/5/2019, 10:00 am NST
I only had 2000 or so points, which didn't really cover any perks I liked. So I'll just let it roll over, hopefully.

sakeru187, 04/5/2019, 11:02 am NST
@ dave - Or they might just not have it this year. Which would suck. All previous DDs have been in March or April. Last years was pushed to April 25th - May 15th (21 days) with the AC starting May 25th.

The FoN was March 29th to April 13th (16 days). The last CC was March 12th to March 23rd (11 days).

It's short so maybe they can fit it all. If they started with the events this upcoming Monday they'd have about 48-50 days if they wanted to start the AC around the same time as last year.

sakeru187, 04/5/2019, 11:06 am NST
So maybe do the FoN 8th -23rd of April, Start the DD April 22nd - May 12th and the CC May 13th-23rd.

So I mean technically they have the days if they'd just get the events going. And the CC or FoN would be easy to overlap with DD because those two events aren't particularly time consuming (donations obviously are but it's not exactly time limited) compared to the DD.

Who knows. We'll see soon enough.

dave - JN Staff, 04/5/2019, 1:53 pm NST
@sakeru187: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=dailydare13

Summer is not unprecedented.

But yea, overlap is definitely a possibility with Jumpstart! Personally, I think they need more summer events... but maybe that's a dated way of thinking (been a few years since I've had "summer break" )

sakeru187, 04/5/2019, 2:55 pm NST
Oh snap. All the way back to 2013 though XD but yeah then who knows. Just as long as it'll for sure happen this year honestly is all that matters. I'd prefer sooner than later but what can ya do lol.

will - JN Staff, 04/5/2019, 7:16 pm NST
@sakeru187 Can we please not overlap CC lag with another event? That thought scares me.

1jediboy, 04/5/2019, 9:03 pm NST
[whispers]: CC + Tarlaโ€™s Tour of mystery 2.๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜ˆ

sakeru187, 04/6/2019, 8:54 am NST
Oh gosh XD I agree.

purplebin, 04/7/2019, 9:35 am NST
Off topic, but this just happened when I tried to give my battle pet a birthday cupcake:

Error: This birthday treat can only be fed to each neopet once per year.

Not cool!

purplebin, 04/7/2019, 10:50 am NST
Apparently we are able to feed each pet one of each color of cupcake each year, not just one cupcake.

purplebin, 04/7/2019, 1:15 pm NST
Posted on the board:
tnt_darigan_ferret
The Neopets Team

Hi everyone,
Just to add here, you can feed them the cupcake now and that will count for 2019. Then next year, your pet would be eligible to have another cupcake on their birthday. So not a calendar year for this year, but after 2019 it will be every year on their birthday.

Sorry I'm not sure about if the three cupcakes count separately though, might be a good editorial question.

mistyraider, 04/8/2019, 3:03 am NST
FYI Bank Bribery is not a perk you can get a second time with 2018 points.

Mine ran out this morning and while I still have enuf points, it says "Out of Stock!" , sniff. I really liked those extra nps

kimberdigi, 04/8/2019, 9:15 am NST
Festival of Neggs has begun and I used the new mystical magic dust and found: Floral Frame.

xxsinger, 04/8/2019, 10:11 am NST
It started already?

1jediboy, 04/8/2019, 10:19 am NST
Watercoloured Negg = Pretty Negg Shield & Sunny Side Up Negg.

alex, 04/8/2019, 6:40 pm NST
I tried to follow the guide but I messed up and got the Helpful Zafara avatar. Ah well.

contessa, 04/8/2019, 7:38 pm NST
Mistyraider - I too have just had my last day with CC Bank Bribery perk as well as the Cheaper by the Dozen CC perk. Wow did I love both those extra NPs and getting stocks for 10 NPs! I know that those perks are occasionally available from Obelisk Skirmishes, but it was most helpful getting to use those perks evry single day. I hope they bring them back for the 2019 CC perks shop!

morganjoisle, 04/10/2019, 9:13 am NST
Is the CC prize shop working for anyone else? I had a few points left to spend but I pretty much just have the image of the old Acara, a white background, and the amount of points I earned listed. There aren't any options to spend points even when I disable adblock and noScript.

itaxerxes, 04/10/2019, 3:27 pm NST
The same for me, it just gives me my points but NOT my leftover points and there are no perks. I used Seamonkey as broswer to check and usually Neo works with this browser

morganjoisle, 04/11/2019, 8:35 pm NST
@itaxerxes: Oh dear. I'd been putting of the avatar prize, too.