Snowager alert!

Altador Cup XIV
A searchable database of Neopets images
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Mosaic and Burlap Activated
  • Posted on April 4, 2019, 5:32 pm NST

Mosaic and Burlap have now been activated and are available for the Gelert and Lenny respectively!

Despite a "Burlap Paint Brush" showing up as searchable on the Shop Wizard a few weeks back, it seems that these two new colours will only be available at the Lab Ray for now. It is currently unknown if a dip in the Rainbow Fountain will allow you to paint your Gelert Mosaic or your Lenny Burlap. (If you have a Gelert or Lenny and can verify if Mosaic or Burlap show up as options for you, please let us know in the comments!)

Which Neopet species are you most hoping will receive the option to paint themselves in these new colour options? Let us know in the comments!
purplebin, 04/4/2019, 5:43 pm NST
I tried using the Colour It Wild perk on my Gelert, and the Mosaic color IS listed, but nothing happened. The perk is still available for me. I did notice that the new colors don't show up in the Rainbow Pool yet, so maybe that's part of the problem?

sky15919, 04/4/2019, 5:44 pm NST
Just adopted a Gelert, neither mosaic or burlap is available in the FFQ

purplebin, 04/4/2019, 5:47 pm NST
I guess we have to wait until the colors are fully activated. I'll keep an eye on the Rainbow Pool.

dave - JN Staff, 04/4/2019, 5:49 pm NST
I noticed that as well while trying to set up the colours here on JN. Oddly, they show up as colour options when you look up Gelerts and Lennies, just not when you look up the colours themselves. 🤔

josh_m, 04/4/2019, 5:57 pm NST
I adopted a Gelert and those to colours don't show up. (ffq)

thepastperfect, 04/4/2019, 6:33 pm NST
I adopted a Lenny, and neither Burlap nor Mosaic showed up for me either.

inkpot, 04/4/2019, 6:43 pm NST
well it's certainly nice to have more labray exclusive colors, imo.

misterflipnote, 04/4/2019, 7:19 pm NST
Do note that Steampunk and Toy were briefly lab-exclusive before their respective brushes were released, if the New Features archive is anything to go by.

1jediboy, 04/4/2019, 7:21 pm NST
I want a Jelly paint brush.

purplebin, 04/4/2019, 7:32 pm NST
I've sent a ticket in case they are not aware that the Colour It Wild perk is not working.
It could be that the new colors will not be available from FFQs, only the Lab Ray, but I mentioned that, too.

purplebin, 04/4/2019, 7:58 pm NST
Well, right after I sent a ticket my niece went and tried Color Me Wild with her Lenny, and it worked! She was using Chrome, so I switched to that instead of Firefox, and it worked for my Gelert, too!
I'm not sure if the problem was the browser or if they just had fixed it in the meantime.
I see the new colors are still not listed in the Rainbow Pool, other than specifically under Gelert and Lenny.

ziporen, 04/4/2019, 8:07 pm NST
@purplebin: I had the same issue when I tried to paint one of my pets with the perk a few weeks ago. It ended up being an issue with Firefox, as the perk worked correctly on Chrome. I'm not sure if that's still the case, though.

hitraskut, 04/5/2019, 1:52 am NST
just checked, burlap isnt available for lennies atm

escrainus, 04/5/2019, 6:25 am NST
{Bitter} Sweet!! I like burlap so much... but I had hopes up due to the paint brush.

_sissiy_sis_369, 04/5/2019, 6:50 am NST
Can they wear clothes? Like shirts, pants?

drzoidberg, 04/5/2019, 7:05 am NST
Hoping they can figure out how to do mosaic wings without making them look too heavy...

hotpinkpirate, 04/5/2019, 7:39 am NST
I adopted a Gelert and checked the Rainbow Fountain - no option for mosaic

purplebin, 04/5/2019, 8:10 am NST
I have a mosaic Gelert now, and my niece has a burlap Lenny, thanks to the CC perk!
I can confirm that both can wear clothing.
I tried Mosaic Bead Wings on the Gelert, but they look too "busy". I'm going to have a lot more trouble customizing than when he was brown!

adorabugle, 04/5/2019, 8:33 am NST
i have a lenny and i just checked the rainbow fountain and there's no burlap yet!

purplebin, 04/5/2019, 8:57 am NST
It sounds like the two colors really are lab-only.

bonju, 04/5/2019, 10:44 am NST
Well, neither of them won the *paintbrush* poll, so it kinda makes sense that they are lab colours.

escrainus, 04/6/2019, 1:05 pm NST
^ Neither origami nor Toy

bonju, 04/6/2019, 2:33 pm NST
I realise. I was just saying it makes sense for them to be lab-exclusive.

cat, 04/6/2019, 5:02 pm NST
I’d like to see Draik in both, I’m slightly dissatisfied with my Draik’s colour but there aren’t many Draik colors I like.

purplebin, 04/7/2019, 7:41 pm NST
I can't wait to see what colors they use for other Mosaic pets.

1mimi290, 04/11/2019, 4:21 am NST
I cant wait for burlap lutaris.

1jediboy, 04/11/2019, 4:23 pm NST
Bald burlap Kyriis that look like 9!!!