Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Create your own wishlists!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Charity Corner

Introducing: The Neoboards Archive Department
  • Posted on March 31, 2019, 8:11 pm NST

UPDATE: April Fool's! We also recommend checking out the new Charity Corner "perks" preview if you haven't already. :)

We are very excited to announce the newest feature coming soon to Jellyneo: the Neoboards Archive Department!

Have you ever been on the Neoboards, chatting away with your Neofriends—perhaps a little too chatty—and your board goes poof due to too many posts? How about when you remember that post you saw the other week, but it's already been purged or you can't find it again? Or have you just been itching to look up all of your past Neoboard posts for some nostalgia?

That's where the Neoboards Archive Department comes in! We have created a searchable archive of past Neoboard posts, and we are now ready to open it up and let you begin perusing!

Features include:

• Narrow in on your posts and search by: post message, post title, emoticons used, avatar posted with, username of poster, active pet name of poster, or board number.

• We've been archiving posts behind the scenes for the past 5 years, so you will be able to search as far back as 2014!

• See real-time stats on the most frequently used Neoboard emoticons, within the past week, past month, past year, and all-time.

• On the same note, see real-time stats on the most frequently posted with Neoboard avatars, within the past week, past month, past year, and all-time. We've also calculated trends to reveal which avatars are most popular throughout the year!

• Want some privacy? Sign up to anonymize your Neoboard posts and we will place a black bar over your username.

We also have a few more features up our sleeves that will be revealed soon.

Stay tuned for a formal release schedule as we put on the finishing touches! You should see the archive go live in the next few days. Let us know in the comments what you're looking forward to most!
novelista, 03/31/2019, 8:14 pm NST
Ooo. I'm both intrigued and slightly frightened.

flowersformachines, 03/31/2019, 8:24 pm NST
You had me for a moment there. I would have legit been interested.

1jediboy, 03/31/2019, 8:28 pm NST
... {searches "Jelly World" in Neoboard archive browser...}

hero, 03/31/2019, 9:02 pm NST
this is cruel

cheezit, 03/31/2019, 9:17 pm NST
aww I got excited for a minute...

minner2006, 03/31/2019, 9:25 pm NST

kosserdragon, 03/31/2019, 9:47 pm NST
Somehow, I don't trust this...

jen - JN Staff, 03/31/2019, 9:49 pm NST

oldawning, 03/31/2019, 10:46 pm NST
I'm looking forward to Shoyru Day

bonju, 03/31/2019, 10:48 pm NST
*carrot*

aleu1986, 03/31/2019, 11:10 pm NST
Nice one, JN!

beccymom69, 03/31/2019, 11:25 pm NST
Wow, can't wait for this feature to definitely absolutely be released really soon!

nand09, 04/1/2019, 12:00 am NST
Just english ones?
I would reallt want to see my old post.

moonlightwitch, 04/1/2019, 12:09 am NST

moonlightwitch, 04/1/2019, 12:34 am NST

idk if I want my pet puking

macosten - JN Staff, 04/1/2019, 1:08 am NST
😤😤😤 Don't do that; the Neoboards are junk and don't deserve that kind of server space 😤😤😤

mistyqee, 04/1/2019, 1:52 am NST
Only back to 2014? I was hoping to see some of the glowing fonts!

jellysundae, 04/1/2019, 2:46 am NST
Yep, had me going for a moment there.

cloonshannagh, 04/1/2019, 3:10 am NST
Yeah Jellyneo!!!

gigiamore, 04/1/2019, 3:49 am NST
Forgot about glowing fonts This is a good laugh jelly neo!

mistyraider, 04/1/2019, 4:18 am NST
Y'know, you guys are actually good enough to do this -- thanks for the smiles!

shnicky7, 04/1/2019, 4:43 am NST
How awesome are you guys!
JN should really take over Neopets!

topaz644, 04/1/2019, 4:54 am NST
If there was a link to the archive now I would click it so fast! Anonymize me!

masterdeals, 04/1/2019, 5:23 am NST
There is a april fools prank about charity corner. Not sure on that if it's the prank right now dave.

abc12345, 04/1/2019, 5:47 am NST

hotpinkpirate, 04/1/2019, 6:24 am NST
wowza! This is cool!

maknaetani, 04/1/2019, 8:49 am NST
Would've been nice tbh

jorgesgirlforlife, 04/1/2019, 9:49 am NST
Um, no way, you have to do this now. This is the most amazing idea ever..

public_domain, 04/1/2019, 10:49 am NST
4 years would have been insane, like, settle down nsa

1jediboy, 04/1/2019, 10:54 am NST
WAIT! 2014?! Does that mean you saved up the posts from... THE BROKEN FILTER ERA?!?!

sosoeuso, 04/1/2019, 11:47 am NST
nooooooooooo

archmage, 04/1/2019, 11:55 am NST
I seriously can't believe that you're putting resources into this when Jellypets has spent the last TEN YEARS in development hell.

jweb, 04/1/2019, 12:55 pm NST
Wow

contessa, 04/1/2019, 1:28 pm NST
Good one!

vellen_, 04/1/2019, 1:37 pm NST
lol, not a bad idea actually.

I'd love it if the OP on a board could delete it. For ex. when a NC trade is made, delete the board. Wouldn't that free up server space?

echoeternal, 04/1/2019, 3:38 pm NST
I'm looking forward to all of this. It's really great that JN suddenly has the funding to have server space for all this!

hgmilstead, 04/1/2019, 3:57 pm NST
Happy April Fool's Day! Glad you remembered JN!

lighty, 04/1/2019, 6:05 pm NST
fr I'd love stats on most used avatars and emoticons

morganjoisle, 04/2/2019, 2:22 am NST
You know it would be awesome if this were an actual feature. You should make this a real thing.

vaporesque, 04/2/2019, 3:48 am NST
snort

pikachu315111, 04/2/2019, 3:51 am NST
Got some thoughts on the Charity Corner April Fools Prank:

Go Back In Time (): Eh, not all that useful. Only reason you'd want to undo a battle is for your Battle Records and I don't think anyone cares about that.

Oh Gross ( ): Certainly an interesting (and bit funny) idea. The idea of affecting food-based weapons though is especially an interesting idea, considering we do have some rather powerful weapons like the Super Attack Pea.

Get in My Skin (): This actually sounds like it would make for a really good Premium Perk, even if it's limited down to two Colours! This would be loved by Customisers and general players may like having the option having different Colours they can switch their Neopet between. Like I would mind Firo (Fire Lupe) having Magma and Freezo (Ice Bori) having Snow/Water (and I'm sure I'd find some ideas for my Cloud Wocky, Gala).

No Hunger Games (): Eh, guess neat having an additional way of getting an Omelette and not worrying about feeding your Neopet (though that's what the Neolodge is for).

CC Gives You Wings (): Lol, I'm imaging it just being your Neopet's jpeg floating around and bouncing on the edges of the page. Funny at first but I imagine would get annoying.

Stock Up (): Part of me REALLY wants this, but another part of me knows this would just make the economy even more inflated.

Off the Beaten Coast ( ): Would be interesting to see what they would do...

The Hidden W

pikachu315111, 04/2/2019, 3:52 am NST
The Hidden Wheel (): According to the FAQ it would cost 500k to spin, lol! Though, as funny as that sounds, I actually don't think it's that bad of an idea. Eats up NP, releases more rare stamps, honestly aside from sellers complaining it'll decrease the value of their stamp I would like to see something like this happen.

All-Hours Access (): So do you get the item for free? Because the Hidden Tower doesn't have limited stock, so this just sounds kind of useless. And even if you do get the item for free I wouldn't like it as that's just as bad as giving away the HT-level weapons during the Wraith Resurgence plot! Maybe this idea could work if they revealed you could still purchase items which were retired from the Hidden Tower, then maybe that'll be worth it.

Wraith Wrestling Federation (): Okay, you have my interest.

In-genie-ous Idea ( ): So this could be really interesting or really broken. According to the FAQ it's pretty much a monkey paw situation if your Neopet makes an obtuse wish like being richer, stronger, etc.. (guessing it would be a range of how much NP you get or stats increase). However more specific wishes would give a better desired result, like wishing to be successful at a Daily. It's an idea I feel would need a LOT of work to actually make it feel balanced yet worth it.

pikachu315111, 04/2/2019, 3:52 am NST
You're a Wizard! (): Boy, this sounds like it could go really bad. Guess it could go good... but for that to happen sounds like it would be more of a job/chore. I more see players just using it to mess with other players for that day, even if they don't that much NP that day.

Make yourself at Home (): Now this sounds like a fun little perk even if it's super limited (heck, the Neolodge feels like part of the site that could use an update...).

Box-ing Day (): Pfft, sure, why not?

kat, 04/4/2019, 12:05 am NST
missed the aprils fools on neo xD darn

joe, 04/5/2019, 8:41 am NST
the charity corner link is now redirecting to the neopets homepage