Hunt for Neggs!
Help us model your pets!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Festival of Neggs

Burlap Doll Paint Brush
  • Posted on March 18, 2019, 11:59 am NST

It appears that Burlap Doll may soon be coming as a paint brush option. A Burlap Paint Brush has appeared as searchable on the Shop Wizard and now seems to be an active item that can be gained from sources that typically award paint brushes.

The item is not fully updated, currently lacking both an image and any kind of real description, and Burlap itself is not available as an option in the Rainbow Pool. However, it may be coming at some point in the future. As a reminder, Burlap Doll was one of the 4 options in 2018's new pet colour poll, the other 3 of which have already been released as active colours. The original design was for the Lenny:

Update: At the end of the week, the Burlap Paint Brush seems to have been deactivated as an item and can no longer be earned.
1jediboy, 03/18/2019, 12:01 pm NST
I TOLD YOU TO JUST KEEP UP HOPES!!!

BURLAP HAS COME BACK TO US!!!!!

1jediboy, 03/18/2019, 12:02 pm NST
This is what happens when we come together!
🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

pie_man_aa, 03/18/2019, 12:04 pm NST
Feel like this kinda ruins the point of the poll in the first place, but whatever. Glad burlap fans are happy.

Here's hoping the first new burlap pet doesn't look horrible.

novelista, 03/18/2019, 12:16 pm NST
"Usual sources". In other words, they've started popping out of the vending machine? Interesting.

dr_tomoe, 03/18/2019, 12:17 pm NST
So did it pop up from the vending machine? Or was this a sudden and random prize from the art gallery or storytelling or something?

insane000illusions, 03/18/2019, 12:27 pm NST
omg omg omg a voodoo doll of my very own *cry*

herdy - JN Staff, 03/18/2019, 12:29 pm NST
Creative contests have a set pool that needs to be updated each time for something new to be added. So it shouldn't be available via that (nor Oil Paint, I think).

Usual sources are typically the Fruit Machine, Vending Machine, and the Jacko RE. We don't know which it came from currently, but Vending Machine is more likely as that can award any item with 'paint brush' in the name, whereas the other two are limited by the rarity and type of item.

misterflipnote, 03/18/2019, 12:49 pm NST
And where's this year's runner-up, Mosaic?

kreyrie, 03/18/2019, 1:01 pm NST
Yay! I needs it! (It's the one I voted for. Lol)

I need this to come out for the Vandagyre and not be atrocious. It's either this or plushie, but if they come out with a rag or porcelain doll PB I'll be all over that too. (We need more toy themed PBs is what I'm trying to say)

chrissy, 03/18/2019, 1:11 pm NST
YES thank you! Very exciting news *happy dance*

dave - JN Staff, 03/18/2019, 1:18 pm NST
@pie_man_aa: Normally I'd agree, but I feel like the 2018 poll options were all pretty well-liked and were all neat concepts. This year's poll... not so much. Plus, there's not really a need to limit paint brush options.

Kudos to TNT to listening to the vocal Neopians who have wanted Burlap Doll since last year.

purplebin, 03/18/2019, 2:15 pm NST
I thought they would do Mosaic first, since it was mentioned in last week's editorial:
We will certainly be releasing Mosaic as a colour. We’re just working out a few details on our end before we do so.
I personally find Burlap to be ugly and creepy, but I'm very happy for everyone who loves it.

I wonder if we will also eventually get Wicker and Porcelain?

escrainus, 03/18/2019, 2:58 pm NST
Finally, about time justice has been made.

josie, 03/18/2019, 2:59 pm NST
I can imagine a lot of people are very happy about this new brush

sketch, 03/18/2019, 3:15 pm NST
YAYYYYYYYYYY

maple_snow, 03/18/2019, 3:48 pm NST
I have lived to see the Burlap colour!! It's been 84 years!!

dolchay, 03/18/2019, 4:01 pm NST
Sooo happy to see burlap becoming a thing! I want a burlap kougie and Aisha so bad

yasmin_sb, 03/18/2019, 4:10 pm NST
This is very exciting news! I so wanted Burlap to win, so for it to be a possibility now is great news!
And misterflipnote, I'm totally with you. I voted for Mosaic and I hope that it gets released eventually as well. I'm very into customising my pets (with NC clothing in particular) but I feel Burlap and Mosaic would look so good in their basic form that a few embellishments (BG, FG etc.) is all that would be necessary.

2b4saken, 03/18/2019, 5:17 pm NST
I'm so happy for this

1jediboy, 03/18/2019, 5:49 pm NST
@maple_snow *climbs out of time capsule with a beard*
Finally! Tell me... How was "Star Wars LIII: Forced Whill"

skiasma, 03/18/2019, 9:56 pm NST
Fantastic, and glad to know about Mosaic as well. I'd regretted choosing Oil Paint when we saw the second pet with the colour. (I'd been expecting them to have matches with famous paintings like The Scream, not just a smeary mess).

dolchay, 03/19/2019, 12:48 am NST
@skiasma

That's why I didn't choose oil painting cause I had a feeling that's all they were going to do was have it be a smart mess. Definitely preferred mosaic and porcelain over it and definitely happy mosaic will be a thing! The more that goes into a look like mosaic I just feel has a higher chance at coming out with some amazing looks! Un like oil paint so far

faellie_ridiculous, 03/19/2019, 3:37 am NST
I voted for burlap last year. Thought it was a creepy customizer's dream!

skiasma, 03/19/2019, 5:59 am NST
@dolchay

As an artist, I'd had visions of Matisse-painted Chias or Mondrian Mynci. I feel sorely let down. I could have been clever.

Fingers crossed for lovely mosaic.

skiasma, 03/19/2019, 5:59 am NST
*it could have been clever.

I could be more clever myself. Oops.

cat, 03/19/2019, 1:16 pm NST
Awesome! Glad all that pestering finallypaid off.

dolchay, 03/19/2019, 1:19 pm NST
@skiasma

If they had done something like that it would have been amazing!

cat, 03/19/2019, 1:37 pm NST
I expected what they'redoing with Oil Painting, but it's still a pretty colour. I voted for Porcelain though. I think Porculain would have been the easiest to customize, and with those flower markings I imagine a Porcelain Uni would have looked like a My Little Pony.

aviagua, 03/19/2019, 2:32 pm NST
YAY!!! I was really hoping that Burlap would become a colour; especially after the Black Button Contacts were released last year.

Can't wait to see what the other pets will look like; I really hope there will be a Burlap Kougra for Kougra Day!

jesse101_9_9, 03/19/2019, 3:22 pm NST
I think the polls should show more than one pet or examples of what they are thinking of with the color because I agree with the oil panting. The Gelert looked great but the schorchio looks like a smeary mess and I thought it was candy or marble at first glance

bob_smith, 03/19/2019, 5:38 pm NST
YES YES YES
BURLAP WAS TOTALLY ROBBED
On the boards and other forums/social media sites, it seemed like it was very popular. I'm glad it's back. We need more creepy/spooky stuff. Plus, as a base color, you can totally do so much to it. YAY

1mimi290, 03/19/2019, 9:41 pm NST
WHOOOOO

I know what my FFQ is gonna be!

cocojan, 03/20/2019, 5:20 am NST
I hope they release all those colors eventually, and only do the polls to set a release order I always love to see new colors and I'm so happy for Burlap!

recklesse, 03/20/2019, 10:23 am NST
Brilliant!! Burlap has a lot of potential for both spooky/creepy and artisanal/arty-crafty customisation.

I really hope this isn't just going to turn out to be an April Fools joke.

dave - JN Staff, 03/20/2019, 10:40 am NST
@recklesse: Meanest April Fools joke TNT's ever done...

lunas, 03/20/2019, 2:34 pm NST
I know this isn't related perse, but I have not received any special prizes yet for the faerie quest event. Is this normal? I completed every single day on the day of (I set an alarm every day ;p). but I didn't get any notifications of any special rewards apart from the normal faerie quest rewards and the daily prizes. Anybody have any idea?

dave - JN Staff, 03/20/2019, 2:40 pm NST
@lunas: You should have received the Dreamy Faerie Dress on March 18th with your usual daily prize before accepting the daily quest.

If you did not receive it at that time, then you missed a day at some point through the event.

cat, 03/20/2019, 2:42 pm NST
@lunas - you probably missed the first day since they didn’t have the extended first day this year. Anyway I got my bonus with the normal daily prize for visiting the Faerie Quest page.

vaporesque, 03/20/2019, 11:08 pm NST
@ cat - So agree about porcelain. They could have even matched floral patterns to regions akin to the royal pb.

Although, I originally had high hopes for relic. Most fell so short they just looked like happy grey pets on rocks.

mzlish, 03/21/2019, 7:20 am NST
Burlap is kinda cool, but I voted for Steampunk(if that was the same poll?)
Glad people got what they wanted.

NOW we need Valentine/UNValentine for next year!

lunas, 03/21/2019, 8:18 am NST
@dave @cat: I checked my SDP and I found the Dream Faerie Dress in there. I probably deposited it without realising because I thought the event would go on longer than 18th march. So I did get all days and the bonus haha. Thank you though! I didn't know what the prizes were. (still don't fully btw)

dave - JN Staff, 03/21/2019, 10:14 am NST
@lunas Glad you got it!

You can find a full prize rundown on our guide for this year: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=faeriequestevents

cat, 03/21/2019, 2:31 pm NST
@vaporesque - Yeah, or even had patterns that aren’t floral, like giving the porcelain grundo a pattern of stars or moons.

@lunas - glad you got it!

purplebin, 03/21/2019, 5:18 pm NST
I see that Burlap Paint Brush is no longer searchable in the Shop Wiz!

purplebin, 03/22/2019, 6:42 am NST
The new Chomby color is Steampunk!

Only one so far.

combustibles, 03/26/2019, 8:56 am NST
A shame, Burlap would've been more welcome than the last PB vote colours..

chrissy, 04/4/2019, 5:18 pm NST
Mosaic and Burlap are now available from the Lab Ray!!!

From the news today ^ YaY! So Burlap really is a color now. I'm thrilled