Earn NP from playing games!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!

Godori Avatar Released
  • Posted on March 12, 2019, 10:13 am NST

It seems that the avatar for Godori has been activated! This avatar was found many years ago and was simply never released.

UPDATE: Initial reports seem to indicate the avatar is awarded after winning 250 hands of Godori, and having the page refresh (whether that's starting a new game or refreshing yourself). You must win 250 hands in the same month, as each month your stats are wiped.

Godori Game Guide »
1jediboy, 03/12/2019, 11:14 am NST
THANK FYORA!!!

novelista, 03/12/2019, 11:39 am NST
The person at the top of the Hall of Fame has it as their active avvie, so I bet it has to do with cumulative scoring.

purplebin, 03/12/2019, 12:28 pm NST
I played it once, just to get it on my game list, and got 56 points.
I'm going to guess that I might not be getting this avatar...

purplebin, 03/12/2019, 12:41 pm NST
Several people on the boards have it, and so far they are all at the very top of the Hall of Fame. Of course, they probably all play regularly, so they would be more likely to be the first no matter what the requirements are.

dr_tomoe, 03/12/2019, 3:09 pm NST
Oh jeez, if it's being on the top all-time list, then it's basically impossible to get.

scarlet189, 03/12/2019, 3:45 pm NST
Awesome! Even if I am not the best at this game, I do hope it is a less difficult requirement (like say, winning a certain number of games in a row or being in the top 20 or something). Just try, people! You never know what'll happen in life-I've randomly ended up with trophies I had no idea I had actually gotten! (ex. Sloth's tax-bronze) Forgive my optimism, I'm feeling better than I have in days (emotional wise).

1jediboy, 03/12/2019, 3:52 pm NST
^NEVER ask for forgiveness for your optimism! If you’re feeling good, spread it! Express yourself!

THANK you for your optimism! 😄🧡

josie, 03/12/2019, 8:35 pm NST
Thank you for the game guide. I have never played this game, but will give it a try. That's a really cool avatar

o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8, 03/13/2019, 7:32 am NST
Will (minnesotan) got it after 250 wins so I'm going to try aim for that, I'm 8.4% of the way there

jellysundae, 03/13/2019, 8:01 am NST
OOOHHH!!!!!! I LOVE this game, this has totally made my day.

itaxerxes, 03/13/2019, 11:15 am NST
How do you play it? I seem to be getting this message every second turn and it doesn't seem to count my turns properly. "There seems to be a problem generating the next move. These things happen. We'll refresh the browser so you can continue playing."

neoaddict, 03/13/2019, 12:41 pm NST
I cannot understand how to play. The only thing that works is pulling a card from my hand to table then thats it. I dont understand how to make it "playable" by grouping them together. I spent hours trying to play and cannot seem to make it work. I need example how to make it playable.

ummy - JN Staff, 03/13/2019, 12:45 pm NST
Have you tried refreshing after you place a card? The game seems to constantly become unresponsive during turns and the lag isn't helping. Also be sure you don't have the game speed set to slow.

neoaddict, 03/13/2019, 2:02 pm NST
can you kindly explain the example how to group them. First you must put a card from your hand to table, then what?

biediep, 03/13/2019, 2:10 pm NST
Is the "hands won" number not going up even though you won the previous hand a glitch, or am I not understanding the game still? I've had that number not change three times now even though I won. At this rate I'll reach 250 by Christmas lol and if it needs to be in the same month, I give up

biediep, 03/13/2019, 2:16 pm NST
@neoaddict I'm new to this game as of today but it seems you group them by land. (Faerieland + Faerieland, Roo Island + Roo Island etc). Then you have to try and make sets, so let's say the Faerieland flag is on the table and you have a card with pink clouds on it, you can match those and you'll collect both. Then you're going to want to try and get the Roo Island and Tyrannia flags asap as well.

peanutbutter_n_jelly, 03/13/2019, 2:28 pm NST
Each land has 4 cards associated with it; two plain card and two cards with characters on them. One of those character cards has a star on it as well.

For example, if there is a card with pink clouds on the middle area of the table you can move from your hand another cloud card or either of the cloud based character cards and capture the card on the table.

Some cards are with more when you capture them and the julienne guide explains that fairly well.

Once you get the hang of matching cards the games goes easy.

peanutbutter_n_jelly, 03/13/2019, 2:29 pm NST
That should be jellyneo guide (bad spellchecker!)

peanutbutter_n_jelly, 03/13/2019, 2:32 pm NST
Also clicking on the purple "rules" at the end of the verbiage on the opening screen will open a pretty good example of what goes with what and how the scoring goes.

targoefista, 03/13/2019, 3:52 pm NST
It just occurred to me that this is just a reskin of hanafuda. No wonder the gameplay was so familiar.

scarlet189, 03/13/2019, 4:41 pm NST
@1jediboy aw, thank you!

1jediboy, 03/13/2019, 6:57 pm NST
You're welcome!

neoaddict, 03/14/2019, 5:54 am NST
where is draw a deck?

lia_19_85, 03/14/2019, 9:30 am NST
With the current lag I'm not sure if it is technically possible to play 250 winning hands within the remaining month. /s

maknaetani, 03/14/2019, 10:26 am NST
@neoaddict The deck is the red stack on the right underneath the yellow bar.
I couldn't get it to work when I clicked though, so I set my game mode to medium where it happens automatically

1jediboy, 03/14/2019, 12:46 pm NST
There's no Pi day post.

mavegibson, 03/14/2019, 1:02 pm NST
Terribly buggy.

dave - JN Staff, 03/14/2019, 2:30 pm NST
I think part of the bugginess right now is that this game relies on calls to the server without refreshing the page, and those calls are super laggy... So if you're seeing the game hang without anything happening, it's because of the lag.

lucy_haha, 03/16/2019, 9:31 am NST
... It's just AJAX calls, nothing so special that makes it more buggy than refreshing a page. And in fact with no need to refresh the page, the server is very likely sending a lot less data to client side than every single page change we've been performing daily. If anything, we should be glad that it's AJAX and not refreshing the whole page like NQ, or you'll have to wait a lot more longer for the stuff to show up and continue your game for 250 winnings. lol

biediep, 03/16/2019, 11:54 am NST
During the lag it WAS forcing me to refresh after every single move, so it took forever.
But finally got the av after my 250th hand won, yup!